collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)  (Read 7978 times)

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G3 Pinkie Pie shows up in G4 Commercial!
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »
:I I really think some people are looking into this too much.
Yeah...
I don't know about this sentiment. Some people are taking the time to analyze this where others might just let it go, but why shouldn't we? As it relates to our fandom and hobby there's no reason we shouldn't analyze it, respond to it, and discuss it. And it's not like its just one or two off the wall people finding something where there's nothing. A large portion of a community of collectors of old generations are finding fault with this commercial or the things it implies or leads to.
Ok, whatever tows your boat.  ^.^

I still think people are taking a 10 second commercial too seriously.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
Yeah...
I don't know about this sentiment. Some people are taking the time to analyze this where others might just let it go, but why shouldn't we? As it relates to our fandom and hobby there's no reason we shouldn't analyze it, respond to it, and discuss it. And it's not like its just one or two off the wall people finding something where there's nothing. A large portion of a community of collectors of old generations are finding fault with this commercial or the things it implies or leads to.

Will it be more serious if it appears in a 22 minute episode? ;P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
Yeah...

Will it be more serious if it appears in a 22 minute episode? ;P

It looks like it WILL, though possibly not in that context.

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
I loved it, A nice cute little nod to the older fans. I smiled.  Then came the hate comments from outraged G4 fans.

ok so... now all the internet bullies who burn all older ponies fans feel like they just got some validation from the show's creators. (And seriously, bullying people over ponies? This is a thing?)

bluggh... I really like this show, and I hate to shy away from something because of it's fans.. but.... I'll just be sitting here waiting patiently for the love and tolerance part of the fandom to start showing up.

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
Is this supposed to be in tomorrow's episode?

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »
It made me laugh. Which I assume was the intention.  :blink:

BerryPunch

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
I loved it, A nice cute little nod to the older fans. I smiled.  Then came the hate comments from outraged G4 fans.

ok so... now all the internet bullies who burn all older ponies fans feel like they just got some validation from the show's creators. (And seriously, bullying people over ponies? This is a thing?)

bluggh... I really like this show, and I hate to shy away from something because of it's fans.. but.... I'll just be sitting here waiting patiently for the love and tolerance part of the fandom to start showing up.
Wait, g4 fans? I thought it was the older fans getting really upset?

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »

G4 fans are the ones saying G3 needs to burn in the youtube comments. But honestly looks like pretty much everyone is mad about something. I swear FiM stirs more drama then any other cartoon.

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »

lol this is the internet. There is no shortage of people getting upset about things.

(I feel like I should find a meme picture to put with this statement. lol. )
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Bee-chan

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »
X3

Wow, did Hasbro just make fun of themselves, or the official G3 artists? It IS funny, but in the same breath, I kind of feel they're making fun of their own G3 artists.

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2012, 03:44:31 AM »
Guess what, guys, I have just seen this clip in context (Season 3, episode 3), and it is ZERO percent offensive to older gens. Yay!

It is purely Pinkie Pie making the G3 face, "bet you can't make a face funnier than this!" or whatever her quote was.  The reaction shot of Fluttershy and Rarity looking disturbed is NOT in response to this funny face, it is in response to what is going on in the episode at that point (not going to spoil anything). It was simply bad editing for the commercial that makes it look like they are mocking G3 Pinkie.

Crisis averted. We got way too worked up about a commercial. It is simply a joke reference to G3, and not pandering at all to the folks who don't like gens other than G4.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2012, 03:55:20 AM »
Guess what, guys, I have just seen this clip in context (Season 3, episode 3), and it is ZERO percent offensive to older gens. Yay!

It is purely Pinkie Pie making the G3 face, "bet you can't make a face funnier than this!" or whatever her quote was.  The reaction shot of Fluttershy and Rarity looking disturbed is NOT in response to this funny face, it is in response to what is going on in the episode at that point (not going to spoil anything). It was simply bad editing for the commercial that makes it look like they are mocking G3 Pinkie.

Crisis averted. We got way too worked up about a commercial. It is simply a joke reference to G3, and not pandering at all to the folks who don't like gens other than G4.

I've seen it too. She says "a face crazier than this". While still not all that nice, it's a bit better without the reaction shot. Sadly, a lot of people are still going to use it as a validation of G3 being bad. (And i still think it's mostly pandering to those.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:57:20 AM by Malicieuse »

Offline BrightIdea

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2012, 04:50:57 AM »

I've seen it too. She says "a face crazier than this". While still not all that nice, it's a bit better without the reaction shot. Sadly, a lot of people are still going to use it as a validation of G3 being bad. (And i still think it's mostly pandering to those.)

Yes, unfortunately this is the internet, where people can ruin, mangle, or suck the fun out of anything. I suppose the best we can do is try and avoid places where people can get us this worked up and stressed about anything. That is why I am happy we have the Arena. It is a great place where people are respectful to each other and can gracefully exchange opinions on matters.

We shouldn't have to go around defending what we like.

BravoGangUS

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2012, 06:14:23 AM »
New episode is out and features the G3 Pinkie Pie face shown in the commercial

Here is a link to the exact part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dDtNAjWi3I&feature=player_detailpage#t=1166s

Or if you want to watch the episode from the start:
http://youtu.be/6dDtNAjWi3I

This proves that it was in fact a nod to G3 fans since the "disgusted faces" from Rarity and Fluttershy weren't actually in reaction to G3 Pinkie
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:17:48 AM by BravoGangUS »

BerryPunch

Re: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2012, 08:22:04 AM »
I like how they blew up all the clones.  XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal