collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)  (Read 7977 times)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: G3 Pinkie Pie shows up in G4 Commercial!
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
i really love FIM, but man im getting really turned off and burnt out by these sorts of occurrences.   

and lancer *hugs*    those people have absolutely no life yeesh
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »
Here's my opinion....

I thought the G3 reference was cute.  I am not a brony though.  I am fan of G1's and G3's.  I didn't take offense to this.  Just because there are some people who do not like previous generations, it doesn't change my opinion about the generations I love the most.  I can understand why some people would be offended to that but to me it doesn't matter, whether it was an act of making fun of G3 lovers.  It's like someone calling you names because you wear glasses or something like that.  Just ignore the mean comments and keep on loving the ponies that you love.  If someone says G3's are stupid, ignore them.  They're just words and don't mean a thing.  ;)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
Hmm...I still personally think that the clip is funny. However, I realize that it's very possible this isn't an innocent nod to older fans, and maybe not even just a funny random joke...and if that's the case, shame on those working on the FiM cartoon. What some bronies do is pretty disgusting (such is the internet) so it is upsetting to think of Hasbro encouraging their attitudes. :/
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2012, 01:02:37 PM »
Someone, somewhere, is offended...

Edit: I LOVE your tattoos, dxgirly. I want a :muffin: Pony tattoo... ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:11:23 PM by BerryPunch »

Pinecone

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
I don't find it offensive, but I'm worried it will validate unpleasant people who think making others' lives miserable for liking something so harmless as a previous-generation pony cartoon.

Of course, such bullies need little validation, and will often validate themselves. It just seems like people will grasp at anything to be even more insufferable.

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »
It's like someone calling you names because you wear glasses or something like that.  Just ignore the mean comments and keep on loving the ponies that you love.  If someone says G3's are stupid, ignore them.  They're just words and don't mean a thing.  ;)

That's easy for someone like myself, who has a brash personality in the first place, but I really do feel for those who are getting threats like Lancer. It's not so easy to ignore when they're coming in droves, either.

Quote from: PinkRosedust
What some bronies do is pretty disgusting (such is the internet) so it is upsetting to think of Hasbro encouraging their attitudes. :/

That's my main problem with this too. Does Hasbro even know what will happen if this becomes "the norm"? I know what will happen, and their wallets won't like it one bit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
It's like someone calling you names because you wear glasses or something like that.  Just ignore the mean comments and keep on loving the ponies that you love.  If someone says G3's are stupid, ignore them.  They're just words and don't mean a thing.  ;)

That's easy for someone like myself, who has a brash personality in the first place, but I really do feel for those who are getting threats like Lancer. It's not so easy to ignore when they're coming in droves, either.

Quote from: PinkRosedust
What some bronies do is pretty disgusting (such is the internet) so it is upsetting to think of Hasbro encouraging their attitudes. :/

That's my main problem with this too. Does Hasbro even know what will happen if this becomes "the norm"? I know what will happen, and their wallets won't like it one bit.

Threats are not acceptable I agree.  It is stupid to threaten someone for liking previous generations of mlp.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »
I don't find it offensive, but I'm worried it will validate unpleasant people who think making others' lives miserable for liking something so harmless as a previous-generation pony cartoon.

This is my standpoint exactly. The visual gag is funny, but the implications of it are not. It's easy to see how a fan of the current generation who is hateful of all older pony things can see this clip and go "Ha, see, even hasbro/the show think that the older ponies are hideous and stupid, we've been right all along, so let us continue to be aboslutely horrid to everyone who isn't like us because pinkie pie has given us all the validation we need!" I don't think that is at all what the clip was meant to do, but we've seen before how people of this persuasion grasp on to the tiniest little thing and make it into a huge deal and make it their own.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
There was a very similar thing in the new TMNT show. Michaelangelo was thinking of getting a tattoo of his face on his face, so it'd look like he's wearing a mask.. :ninja: While he says that, he moves his hand across his face and a 'G1' Michaelangelo's face appears on his face. (Episode 8, at 10min, I think it aired last weekend). The others aren't very thrilled. :P

I didn't find neither of these offensive and I have hard time understanding why anyone would get offended by things like this.

I don't know anything about the TMNT fanbase.  Is there a lot of hate and hostility between the old and new fans?  I don't think anybody would have a problem with this sort of joke if the entire MLP community was as friendly as it is here at the Arena.  But take a quick look across the internet and you will find places where the atmosphere is anything but friendly (even Youtube, which is where my hate mail began when I DARED to stick up for a G1 voice actor I know).  I realise I'm especially sensitive because of my own personal experiences, but you have to understand that there is still a lot of trouble between bronies and previous generation fans on some websites.  Hasbro are well aware of the problems in this community and "jokes" like this do nothing to help keep the peace between two of their main consumer groups.
I haven't got a clue about the TMNT fanbase, I just watch the shows and try to stay away from the toys. However I have seen very hateful comments made by bronies about G3s. I just wouldn't tie them to the clip like it was meant to be offensive.
I haven't been really bashed about being a G1 collector, but some of my acquaintances/not the closest friends but some sort of friends have made few not so nice comments (though they we're probably joking) after the whole G4 thing became a 'thing'. They seemed to forget that I have been collecting for years before G4s even existed (they'd seen my collection and thought it was cool and took even pics of my ponies) and think that I'm just another brony.. or 'pegasister' as one of them calls me everytime he sees me.. :hmm:
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Pinecone

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2012, 03:59:33 PM »
To be fair, they have put in shoutouts to previous generations. Nightmare Moon is basically Tirac, and there was a male Firefly-looking character in Hurricane Fluttershy.

BerryPunch

« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2012, 04:01:59 PM »
I was pretty excited when Firefly showed up on a comic variant cover. Not that official, but still.  ^.^

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »
Someone, somewhere, is offended...

Edit: I LOVE your tattoos, dxgirly. I want a :muffin: Pony tattoo... ;)

thank you. :lovey:

pineapple

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2012, 05:36:31 AM »
I'm not going to believe for a second it's a nod to long time / old gen fans, since these days nothing is aimed at long time / old gen fans. The show is no different from that. There hardly have been such nods in the show before and now that they put a blatant nod into it, it's a mocking one about G3. What a coinkidink.

I don't think it's fair to ascribe malicious intent to the animators, especially when the episode hasn't aired so no one's seen the bit in context rather than cut together in a commercial. No who has worked on the show has ever expressed any such opinions, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them worked on G3 videos.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2012, 07:12:57 AM »
I'm not going to believe for a second it's a nod to long time / old gen fans, since these days nothing is aimed at long time / old gen fans. The show is no different from that. There hardly have been such nods in the show before and now that they put a blatant nod into it, it's a mocking one about G3. What a coinkidink.

I don't think it's fair to ascribe malicious intent to the animators, especially when the episode hasn't aired so no one's seen the bit in context rather than cut together in a commercial. No who has worked on the show has ever expressed any such opinions, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them worked on G3 videos.

What? I said "The animators didn't want to "attack" people." in the SAME post you quoted me from. : /
So yeah, noone is "ascribing malicious intent to the animators". Like i said, in that post, they just wanted to give another nod to the bronies. Most people are sadly not very aware that there are a lot of old gen fans.
They focus on the brony community and the brony community is (in general) not very kind to G3. That's it.

Also, no, Studio B isn't behind any of the G3 productions.

popyduggan

« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
I think the thing with TMNT is that it keeps getting resurrected every couple years after fizzling out and it's not as fresh or new as the ninja turtle explosion of the 80's/90's.

A lot of the toys seem like tired rehashes too, the lair, the van, the turtles, April, Splinter, Shredder, Foot guy, Random alien, etc.. The old one just seemed more varied, experimental, and innovative; like a helicopter that dropped little smoke bombs or a garbage can catapult that launched boogery ooze that stained everything. Toys were a lot grosser back then.

Ahh, that reminds me of one of my favorite childhood playsets, the Captain Planet Toxic Sludge Dump. It's just basically a trap door that you put a figure on and it tipped over and dumped green silica gel all over them, yuck. I don't remember the episode where that happened.

/off topic

Also, I still think the nod was fun and harmless even though I haven't seen the episode yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal