collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Pinkie Pie in G4 Commercial! (Link to episode clip added!)  (Read 7966 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Pinkie Pie shows up in G4 Commercial!
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »
omg that was so funny, scary, frightening cos i wasn't expected it like a horror film, i just loved fluttershy's and rarity's expression :D
hugs pinkies of all Gens :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

BravoGangUS

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »
Not sure about you guys.. BUT I LOVE G3s. I read some pretty nasty comments about G3's. I think the wannabe pony lovers don't know the difference.

What do you actually mean when you say "wannabe pony lovers"? That fans of only G4 aren't true MLP lovers? Or am I taking that the wrong way?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:19:15 PM by BravoGangUS »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2012, 03:21:56 AM »
I thought it was hilarious, and so are the dumb jerks whining about UGH OLDPONY in certain places.

It's our fandom too, they can just DWI.

Bwahaha!

I think that's hilarious, and I'm a massive G3 fangirl. I can see why some people are offended but honestly, it's just a kid's show. Just a little in joke for those who'd get it. No one's being attacked!

Have you been browsing G3 youtube videos these days or visited certain places during anything related to G3? Because i have seen G3 fans been called idiots plenty of times. G3  bashing is "in" and i just wish the show didn't feel the need to join in on it. (Especially since several concepts from FIM were created by G3 artists and writers.) That's all there is really.

I haven't to be honest, but I've heard about the G3 bashing. I'm just not bothered by it. Yeah, it'd be nice if people could not tell me how much it sucks, but who cares? If they don't like it, they don't like it.

I honestly don't take it as any kind of attack. I think the animators have got better things to do! Like I said, I can see how it can be taken as offensive but I honestly think it's just a joke about the gens. Like, 'This is what I USED to look like, lol!' That's it!

Big difference between "not liking something" and "telling people they are idiots for liking something".
My point is , if you have seen some of the bashing, you're not just going to think "lol silly face".
The animators didn't want to "attack" people. The animators wanted to make another nod to the brony fandom (you can't say that doesn't happen). This time the fact that a lot of bronies (not all of them) can't stand G3.
The reaction Fluttershy and Rarity are having is pretty much how a lot of bronies would react. But again, just check EQD for that one.

I'm not going to believe for a second it's a nod to long time / old gen fans, since these days nothing is aimed at long time / old gen fans. The show is no different from that. There hardly have been such nods in the show before and now that they put a blatant nod into it, it's a mocking one about G3. What a coinkidink.

But if people just believe it's a "lol out-of-context face" joke. More power to them. At least they aren't dissapointed by the show creators.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:24:14 AM by Malicieuse »

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2012, 07:19:18 AM »
There was a very similar thing in the new TMNT show. Michaelangelo was thinking of getting a tattoo of his face on his face, so it'd look like he's wearing a mask.. :ninja: While he says that, he moves his hand across his face and a 'G1' Michaelangelo's face appears on his face. (Episode 8, at 10min, I think it aired last weekend). The others aren't very thrilled. :P

I didn't find neither of these offensive and I have hard time understanding why anyone would get offended by things like this.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2012, 07:22:40 AM »
X3 I watched it over and over. I love it.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
As I said earlier, I think the bronies bashing G3 are getting it confused with G3.5. They're not the same.. So when people say that G3 sucks and is stupid, I have to remind them that there's a difference between the G3's and G3.5's! I don't think they are talking about G3's because I absolutely ADORE the G3's.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2012, 07:48:15 AM »
I laughed when I saw her scaryface  :) :lmao:

Mlphammy

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2012, 07:58:45 AM »
Wow. Did not expect that. I started cracking up.

girlyponce

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »
That was hilarious

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
As I said earlier, I think the bronies bashing G3 are getting it confused with G3.5. They're not the same.. So when people say that G3 sucks and is stupid, I have to remind them that there's a difference between the G3's and G3.5's! I don't think they are talking about G3's because I absolutely ADORE the G3's.

G3 is just as hated. It is deemed to be "too girly and stupid". You'll find the same kind of comments on G3 video's and images as you will find on G3.5 ones. I think most people don't get that the show was aimed at very young children and that some animations had pretty much no budget.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
As we haven't seen the episode yet, we don't know in what context the G3 face is shown.  But, as the commercial stands, yes, I am offended.  It's clear that Rarity and Fluttershy's looks of horror and disgust are supposed to represent the bronies who endlessly bash previous generations.  Apparently Hasbro wishes to give another nod to the immature, disrespectful side of the fandom (and no, before anyone jumps on my back, I am NOT saying that all bronies are immature or disrespectful, but it's that kind of brony that Hasbro is trying to appeal to with this particular "joke").

As someone who has suffered horrendous hate mail and death threats from so called "bronies" who hate previous gens (and watched friends go through the same just because they worked on the old cartoons), I think this is awful.  I'm fine with Hasbro pandering to the new fanbase if that's where their money's coming from, but it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for them to join in making fun of those of us who have supported them through G1-3 over the years.

I've been keeping well clear of the pony community, hoping this nonsense would die down.  But this weekend I received a NEW batch of pathetic hate mail and came to investigate...  I figure it was brought on by the new series, but specifically this commercial.  Hasbro have been made well aware of the hate that is already flying around.  How cruel to encourage more of it.

Not sure about you guys.. BUT I LOVE G3s. I read some pretty nasty comments about G3's. I think the wannabe pony lovers don't know the difference.

What do you actually mean when you say "wannabe pony lovers"? That fans of only G4 aren't true MLP lovers? Or am I taking that the wrong way?

I think Spike meant that true pony lovers would respect ALL fans of MLP, whatever generation(s) they like, and wouldn't write rude comments about G1-3/attack fans of those gens just because they personally don't like it.  Nobody expects everyone to like all the generations, but it would be nice if people could respect others' opinions.  I'd be equally disappointed in fans of previous generations who went to a FiM video and started screaming "Kill it with fire!  All G4 fans must die!" :silly:

There was a very similar thing in the new TMNT show. Michaelangelo was thinking of getting a tattoo of his face on his face, so it'd look like he's wearing a mask.. :ninja: While he says that, he moves his hand across his face and a 'G1' Michaelangelo's face appears on his face. (Episode 8, at 10min, I think it aired last weekend). The others aren't very thrilled. :P

I didn't find neither of these offensive and I have hard time understanding why anyone would get offended by things like this.

I don't know anything about the TMNT fanbase.  Is there a lot of hate and hostility between the old and new fans?  I don't think anybody would have a problem with this sort of joke if the entire MLP community was as friendly as it is here at the Arena.  But take a quick look across the internet and you will find places where the atmosphere is anything but friendly (even Youtube, which is where my hate mail began when I DARED to stick up for a G1 voice actor I know).  I realise I'm especially sensitive because of my own personal experiences, but you have to understand that there is still a lot of trouble between bronies and previous generation fans on some websites.  Hasbro are well aware of the problems in this community and "jokes" like this do nothing to help keep the peace between two of their main consumer groups.

Pinecone

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2012, 12:28:03 PM »
I do wonder how much the show creators know about this. It might just be a cute joke, and I don't think they'd do it if they knew about all the bullying going on. Death threats over liking a cartoon? Really?

TMNT fanbase seems okay from what I've seen. I've seen some complaints of "NOT LIKE WHAT IT USED TO BE" which happens with every cartoon thing out there, but they seem pretty genial over all.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »
I still think the clip is funny, but I will say that some "bronies" have made fun of me before for my tattoos, because they're based on the G3 ponies, and that makes me sad. But it is what it is. People will always hate on you and things you like, no matter what they are.

Pinecone

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
Are those the tattoos in the sig? They're cute!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2012, 12:41:46 PM »
Yes! And thank you!! :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal