collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Pullips made me do it!  (Read 29382 times)

youngatheart

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The Pullips made me do it!
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2013, 04:59:50 PM »
Just wanted to share that today I got my ver first Pullip :) and also little Pullip!!! Im in love!!!  Ive been waiting for a few weeks for her so was so excited when she arrived :)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2013, 06:02:11 PM »
Oooh, who did you get?

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
Aww thanks guys  :tackleglomp:

Rhini: Oh, the pics will most definitely come! I'm already feeling inspired - and they aren't even here yet! *wiggly waits for 2-6 weeks to pass so they all get here*

xkelpiex: Wow you did well to stick to only one in 3 years :shocked: I currently own none but have quietly stalked the lovely Pullip pics on here and flickr for the last few years. I broke down and bought Tink from a member here.. Then made the mistake of checking out Pullip Style and Birthday/Christmas money I was hoarding totally went to the dolls lol Tinkerbell needs friends, right?

Zombelina: Yay for Dals! Currently I have 3 Pullips and SEVEN :blush: Dals on their way to me.. in the space of a week.. as I said, it was miss Tinkerbell who broke me ;) The Dals have definitely stolen my heart.. and I'm ok with that :cool:

youngatheart: Congrats on your first Pullip! :yippee: I bet you were excited when she finally arrived!

What do you guys do to pass the time while you're waiting? I think I'll explode with excitement if I don't find something to distract myself :P
:fox:

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2013, 06:22:54 AM »
Wow M!indy! That is so exciting and holy cow that is a lot at once! :D Did you order through Pullipstyle? They are pretty good with shipping - it usually takes about 5 days to get here with express and about 2 weeks with regular. Which ones did you get?

Little pullips are SO adorable! Also want to know which ones you chose youngatheart ^.^

My husband just gave me Nanette for my birthday :D She is amazing! Her stock is so detailed and her little caplet is soooooo soft and she even has a little hand warmer!!

I took a terrible photo as it's 1am here but I couldn't wait to share :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Come visit my blog!

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2013, 06:41:40 AM »
Wow CasseminaPie, she's adorable! Her little face just made me aww out loud  ^.^ Happy Birthday for whenever it is/was too :D

Aside from Tink who is coming from a member here, the rest are on their way from Pullip Style so it's great to hear that their postage is good! I did a few orders because I just couldn't make my mind up :blush: One was cheaper for Priority, the others are First Class.

I have ordered *takes a deep breath*;

Pullip Akoya, Shan-ria and WF Catwoman.

Dal Monomono x 2 (she is just too adorable!), Sakura (plus a surprise Mini!), Edge, Dalcomi and Milch plus a Little Dal Pen Pen :blush:

It does seem like a lot all at once.. but I doubt I will get too many more in the near future - especially since it will take a while to get to know each of these girls anyway :biggrin:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2013, 04:52:21 PM »
Who is this lovely doll?

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
She's my next buy whoever she is!!!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2013, 06:59:13 PM »
She was a prototype for the Rococo Peacock line made for the exhibition, I don't think they'll make her unfortunately, they expressed concerns about quality control since she's so detailed.  :huh: She sure is lovely though! They said they'll talk about that line soon so we'll know for sure.

Personally I'm partial to this one  ^.^

Edit: Forgot to add, grats M!ndy! Great choices! And grats youngatheart too! And as for YOU Cassy! Happy birthday!! :hug: and I am sooo jealous XD I want Nanette soooo bad but I don't have the funds =[ I've been trying for a month to get enough money and I still haven't been able to. I'm terrified she'll sell out x.x
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:55:09 PM by Rhini »

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
Thanks M!ndy and Rhini ^.^

Don't worry Rhini I feel the same way about Pere Noel! Can't afford her but omg need her so bad and I just know she will sell out soon. This is worse then MH :lol:

The peacock Pullip is a little too much for me but I love the more subtle one Rhini posted. Eyelashes!!
Come visit my blog!

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2013, 05:43:42 AM »
Yeah, I'm an in stock collector, so I prefer my dolls to have los of lavish detail. I like simple at times, too, though, but that peacock pullip is just so amazing..... too bad we'll never see her. But, I guess that opens up the door to whatever my next pullip 'need' is.
And I can't choose ;.; I looove Karen, but I also looove Snow White!

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2013, 10:10:08 AM »
Ahh.. I may or may not have purchased Pullips Meiko and Prupate as well as an almost complete Dal Drta (likeomigoshinstantgrailyouguys!) since last posting... :blush:

Yep - I think we've more than established that I'm totally addicted  -_-

Edit to Add: I also prefer the girl posted by Rhini (I too appreciate the mad eyelashes  ;)), but I can see the appeal of the more detailed version.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:15:36 AM by M!ndy »

youngatheart

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »
Thanks everyone :) Im not sure what the little Pullip is called but shes the ones with the donkey outfit and my Pullip is Melissa but the lady I got it off changed her to a light brown wig which is lovely on her :)

Offline CasseminaPie

• View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2013, 04:24:24 AM »
Is anyone else tempted to drop the insane amount of money for Tokidoki on eBay? She's going to be retailing on the official tokidoki store for $180 so we know she's going to be expensive anyway. I can't just stand waiting for her anymore!!
Come visit my blog!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2013, 07:22:51 AM »
Oh wow is she really gonna be that expensive? I wonder if PS will even get her then :S I have no money, so as tempting as it may be it aint happenin XD

Pics if you do get her though! anyone on taobao have her maybe?

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »
This is for the Peacock series.

from AGA's facebook ---

「Rococo Peacock series」Mango Park’s commentary

The idea of the series came from the Greek mythology. We wanted to bring Hera and Io,, Argus to the core of the Characters. It was not about the godly like looks, it was about bringing the essence of the mythic characters to our original design. We have done some designs with feathers before but not with peacock feathers. And it always takes my breath away to find colors combined like that in nature.

*We haven’t decided if or not to release the dolls since some of the dolls would require higher price and technique to produce.

Let’s go through the dolls,
 We have two Pullips, the one with a peacock head piece will be the focus of the series. While designing we thought a lot of Hera, Zeus’s wife. We wanted to show glam but also a bit of darkness in her character. Since she’s the one to get the feeling that her husband was cheating with Io, which was a priestess in her name. The dress was designed around the headpiece and we used the colors of it to pop out against the black base. Her dress has a lot of feathers on the bottom, which represent the 100 eyes of Argus. Even on her face she has a peacock patterned tattoo that shows her jealousy against Io.

The other Pullip was based on Io, the priestess of the temple of Hera. We imagined her to be more vibrant and cute. We splashed a little pink to make a lovable look, a look that stole Zeus’s heart. We also added some details, colorful items like the hat and the little bird cage. Originally we wanted to put the little peacock on top of her head, but the size turned out to be too small. So… we did a fabulous hat.

Isul came from Argus, whom took orders from Hera to watch Io after Zeus had to turn her into a white cow. It says that Argus had one hundred eyes, perfect for keeping an eye on Io. We couldn’t put one hundred eyes on the doll but we did emphasis.
 Taeyang comes from Hermes, who killed Argus for Zeus. In the myth, Hera was very upset when she discovered what had happened, and placed Argus' eyes on the feathers of a peacock. We had a hard time making his hat. Doesn’t he look a bit like a Guardian?

For Dal and Byul, They’re not in the original myth but we wanted Io to have some sort of spiritual guardian that was meant to be by her side. Since the series was inspired by bird feathers, we thought it would be fun to bring in more color.., perhaps a Canary.

Come to think of it… where’s Zeus?

and then there is 39 photos starting here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=519227204794826&set=a.519227188128161.135000.239620532755496&type=1&theater

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:09:51 AM by SwordPony »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal