collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: buyer beware; ebay seller lipin2012  (Read 2096 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
buyer beware; ebay seller lipin2012
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
blind bag buyer beware
this seller started out good is now nothing but trouble
1. bought a lot of blind bags took me one month to solve problem  that the tracking number never worked, that it is lost now only offering to resend, so have to wait another month. :(

2. shortly after buying lot mentioned above bought another lot of 5 blind bags to arrive in disgusting  condition, really terrible and pretty obvious they are factory seconds thrown in the bin. they first offered half refund which i did not take now they want me to send back which will be $10 untracked so i will be stuffed if it goes missing or $35 tracked  :huh:

3. edited another lot just arrived, 3 out of the 5 bb items are even worse condition  :shocked: cleary binned rejects and one wrong item, item left out.

they are also drawing this out that i might miss out opening a case with ebay, i think you only get a certain time to open a case  :cry:

Post Merge: November 08, 2012, 10:52:57 PM

im not going to buy from china ever again this is the second time iv had to trader support bad sellers from china :(
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:38:39 PM by shabbychicdee »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: buyer beware; ebay seller lipin2012 from china promblem seller
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 04:53:22 AM »
I am sorry you had issues with this seller.  I have bought from them 5 or 6 times with no issues.  It was not Blind Bags though  :huh:

Did you ever receive the the first lot they said they would resend?  If not and it has not yet been 45 days (Paypal's deadline to open a case)  I would open a case, it can always be closed once the ponies arrive.  If they don't then the case can be escalated and you can get your money back if they can't prove the items were shipped and that you received them.

And your second issue is a little tricky if you open a case.  If they agree to offer you a solution as into send the items back, ebay will make you send them back, unfortunately at your expense.  I know that is how US ebay's policy works, it may be different for you because your in Australia.  I am not entirely sure though. If you wanted to you could phone ebay and explain the situation and see what they say.

But either way do not let that 45 day deadline pass.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:00:19 AM »
As above!

I've used them a couple of times and they've been great - but also I haven't purchased blind bags. My items arrived within 10 days of posting and have been all fine. Obviously in your case something has gone wrong. You do have 45 days to open up a case so make sure that doesn't pass (on the first lot of non-received items). As for the bad quality lot, it really is up to you, but as previously said it will be out of your pocket to send them back :( the seller should really pay the postage costs, and I'm sure for eBay it has to be sent back tracked. Although it's my experience with Hasbro that their normal quality and factory seconds are only a hairs breadth apart!!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
All blind bags are terrible quality as far as the paintjobs go, so unless you have pictures to show they are worse than typical quality, it'd be a hard claim to make with Ebay for "not as described". 

I would just open your Paypal/Ebay claims and get your money refunded for the items you are waiting on, especially if the deadline is coming up.  You can always re-pay your seller if the items arrive after you've been refunded. 

I have now placed this seller on the Bad Trader List so hopefully nobody else finds themselves purchasing from this seller.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:01:10 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 12:06:17 PM »
I bought Holly Blue from them in mid September for $25 and it still hasn't arrived.

Also, i bought the NW con pony for $8 and it arrived a little over a week later.

It's a crappy crapshoot because now my dispute period is expired too.

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »
I am sorry you had issues with this seller.  I have bought from them 5 or 6 times with no issues.  It was not Blind Bags though  :huh:

Did you ever receive the the first lot they said they would resend?  If not and it has not yet been 45 days (Paypal's deadline to open a case)  I would open a case, it can always be closed once the ponies arrive.  If they don't then the case can be escalated and you can get your money back if they can't prove the items were shipped and that you received them.

And your second issue is a little tricky if you open a case.  If they agree to offer you a solution as into send the items back, ebay will make you send them back, unfortunately at your expense.  I know that is how US ebay's policy works, it may be different for you because your in Australia.  I am not entirely sure though. If you wanted to you could phone ebay and explain the situation and see what they say.

But either way do not let that 45 day deadline pass.

im with usa ebay and im from new zealand not aussy :)
its a hard one and very annoying for me, thats wrong how we have to ship at our cost. i lost the last case i opened from a Chinese seller as they sent me the wrong item and i could not afford to ship back registered, i had to open the case cos they were takeing forever to contact me and there enlish was getting worse and it was getting close to the 45days :(
All blind bags are terrible quality as far as the paintjobs go, so unless you have pictures to show they are worse than typical quality, it'd be a hard claim to make with Ebay for "not as described". 

I would just open your Paypal/Ebay claims and get your money refunded for the items you are waiting on, especially if the deadline is coming up.  You can always re-pay your seller if the items arrive after you've been refunded. 

I have now placed this seller on the Bad Trader List so hopefully nobody else finds themselves purchasing from this seller.
yer i know some are rough, i bought 9 from a german seller and they were pretty much perfect with the exception of diamond rose's mane and these ones arrived with missing paint on hair and eyes, dirty, chips out of plastic :cry:
i sent them a photo and they said they were used :huh: so i said they were not the ones in the photos. grrrrrrr   

I bought Holly Blue from them in mid September for $25 and it still hasn't arrived.

Also, i bought the NW con pony for $8 and it arrived a little over a week later.

It's a crappy crapshoot because now my dispute period is expired too.
thats a bummer, poor hun, and thats alot of money.
have you contacted them about it? ask them to send another

Post Merge: November 09, 2012, 01:56:46 PM

one of them is wave 3 goldengrage and i dont knnow if he is still available in any shops? :(
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:56:46 PM by shabbychicdee »

wanted list
for trade

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 02:21:27 PM »
I would maybe take them up on a partial and then leave appropriate feedback. It's better than being out the return shipping and the ponies.  Then you can maybe try to resell them to someone who customizes or doesn't care that they have issues to recoup some of your funds. Just a thought?

But that other lot I would most definitely open a case.  There is a chance they will not be able to provide shipping details and the case will be sided in your favor.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »
Wait.
I don't see this seller doing anything wrong to merit being on our bad trader list. It's certainly not the greastest but they have kept up communication, and supposedly sent out another package for the first missing package.

Although, if that replacement package doesn't arrive open up a case before the 45 day mark. Ebay will end up siding with the OP and will get the refund.

But let me shed some light on the whole shipping thing, under my assumption from previous purchases. I have been in the OP's shoes, where I got a NASTY pony from another country (not China). The buyer REFUSED to deal with me, and I was forced upon to open a case because he would not work with me on ANY solution and ebay let me return it -- with tracking of course. This seller was a jerk , and he wouldn't of been honest if he received it back. It's ends up being for protection for the both of you. How is ebay supposed to determine 1) if you returned it 2) if it got lost or 3) if the seller received it without the tracking.

Yes, the OP received a faulty item... and I, of course, believe her. How does ebay know that? they don't. I have been in an instance where someone received their item, and was happy as a clam with it, until they dropped it-- and tried to open a case against me. I know the item didn't arrive in a damaged condition b/c I *KNOW* he was happily using it. I couldn't prove it to ebay, and they said he had to send it back (Luckily for me, he didn't want to pay the shipping back and he let it expire and kept the item). It's all a big grey area, and ebay doesn't know who is at fault because so many people aren't honest (buyers AND sellers).

Why does this seller belong on the bad trading list when they are communicated, gave a few options, and etc. Bad traders should be those awful sellers that don't communicate at all, and don't offer options.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:26:54 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 03:29:29 PM »
I would maybe take them up on a partial and then leave appropriate feedback. It's better than being out the return shipping and the ponies.  Then you can maybe try to resell them to someone who customizes or doesn't care that they have issues to recoup some of your funds. Just a thought?

But that other lot I would most definitely open a case.  There is a chance they will not be able to provide shipping details and the case will be sided in your favor.

yes this is true i should do that

banditpony, they haven't sorted anything yet, just drawing it out.
time will tell if they help or not, yes its good they reply to my messages, i will keep this updated to how the problem is being solved 

wanted list
for trade

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »
How are they drawing it out? What do you want them to do for you to be satisfied? For the second issue, they have offered two solutions. You have every right to open up a case with them before the 45 days is up if you are unhappy with their communication. The problem is ebay's decision will be to send it back with tracking.

It really beats the alternative when they don't respond at all, or even worse, when they DO respond and are unwilling to offer any solution. ... And that's why I don't understand why this seller deserves to be on a bad list. . . .
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:47:53 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »
I have noticed a lot of the blind bags (from everywhere) have a large % of severe flaws (blurred/smeared symbols/missed paint)

I have actually bought from this seller many times and thought they were pretty awesome-  I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
I can remove them from the list but I do feel that making the buyer wait nearly their entire claim window to ship their items is a behavior to be aware of. 

The good news is, they're being communicative so far!  Keep us updated!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
 nope i think i have every write to BUYER BEWARE them.
the other day i received my last order (order #3) of the latest ones from them, and i could not believe the condition of 3 out of the 5 that arrived  :shocked:, they were so bad i nearly had tears in my eyes, they made the other flawed ones look like everyday rough as blind bags. :dropjaw: :dropjaw:
now i know bb have a bad rap for being badly made but i have not complained about the over 100 others i have to date.
these are clearly taken out of the rubbish/garage/reject bin and been resold.

i have lost out on a bit of money because of them, if i can not return them i only get half refund. or it would cost me over $30+ post from here tracked, how is ebay on the buyers side with that?

as for the lost ones i told them over 2 weeks ago their tracking number did not work and they only agreed the other day it must be lost and it is drawing near to the 45days. still waiting.
i really must of got the short straw with these guys,
i was so going to go back a buy lots more but this has really scared me of and lost confidence in them  :(

Post Merge: November 14, 2012, 04:31:07 PM

and i forgot to mention they left one of them out and trying to explain all this is being coming exhausting, every night i have had to message them about something
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:31:07 PM by shabbychicdee »

wanted list
for trade

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: buyer beware; ebay seller lipin2012
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 01:37:01 AM »
Out of curiosity, could you post pictures of the blind bags? They're normally quite iffy in quality as is, feels horrible to think you'd get ones that are so much worse that they're obvious rejects
If you can, of course  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: buyer beware; ebay seller lipin2012
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
I am sorry to hear that things are turning out the way I worried they might.  :(  Buyer beware indeed. 
The Bad Trader List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal