collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 190981 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!
« Reply #450 on: November 22, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »
You guys have to realize something. This game is NOT free to play. Sure it was free to download, and you can play it without paying anything for a while, but eventually you have to cough up cash, quit, or cheat.

Why?

Because the company exists to make money. They are not your friend. They did not make a free game for you just to be kind. They made this game with the intention of making money. And when it comes down to it, they make more money this way than if they charged a flat fee. It's just the way of things.

Is it greedy? No. It's just a solid business market that takes advantage of consumers willing to spend. If you don't want to spend anything, you can still fiddle with the game, but it will be better if you spend money.

Don't be mad at them over this. If not for the people who DID buy the gems, you wouldn't have a game to play, and they won't make any updates for it.

While I do totally agree with your point, it's the price point they've set on everything that pisses me off. I'm more than willing to spend some cash on this game, but not the several hundred dollars it would cost to actually complete it. Their exchange rate is ludracris.

QFT. This game is shallow, full of bugs and as RAMChYLD mentioned, once it crashes you loose everything. Yet they expect you to pay a hundred € for gems and about the same amount for coins...? Yah, right.

Don't get me wrong, I love games, I buy a lot of them.. Triple A and Indie alike.. and as a freelance designer I even work in that industry every once in a while.
But I'd rather spend 5, 10, 15 bucks on a quality game upfront instead of burrying my money like this. Hence I said I would not spend on anything that is a FarmVille-clone. xD

Those games are quite successful tho.. At least if the sheer mass of them seems to proof so. So I guess they make their share out of them still.

Bread

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #451 on: November 22, 2012, 02:40:45 PM »
I'm not sure this is a good time to mention this, but...

Gameloft has announced on their facebook page that they plan to drop Rainbow Dash's price down to 90 gems. Still pricey, but a lot cheaper!

I haven't noticed this change ingame though. Maybe it'll be added in an update?

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 22, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »
Neat.. Now I only need 180 gems to get all the important ponies. xD

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 22, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »
how do you do that time traveling  thing? you forgot the fact  that  you also  have to  buy a guard statue and other items that cost gems

That's the quest I'm on right now. :( It would take all my gems just to skip it.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 22, 2012, 05:07:01 PM »
I'm not sure this is a good time to mention this, but...

Gameloft has announced on their facebook page that they plan to drop Rainbow Dash's price down to 90 gems. Still pricey, but a lot cheaper!

I haven't noticed this change ingame though. Maybe it'll be added in an update?

I guess they got a few too many complaints about her price then...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 22, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »
I just got a notification on my iTouch from the game saying "STRING NOT FOUND".

Um. Is that supposed to happen? oO
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Bread

« Reply #456 on: November 22, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »

That usually pops up when one of your buildings is finished.

It just means that they forgot to program in the message that's supposed to appear.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #457 on: November 22, 2012, 06:23:33 PM »
You guys have to realize something. This game is NOT free to play. Sure it was free to download, and you can play it without paying anything for a while, but eventually you have to cough up cash, quit, or cheat.

Well, as DirePony mentioned earlier, the thing was they promised that you can at least complete the game without spending a single cent. This has turned out to be not the case unless you either cheat, are extremely patient and persistent (persistent enough to net the three gems a week from the daily bonus for the next couple of years), or cough up money. If they hadn't made a promise that they didn't keep, I think the backlash wouldn't be too bad.

Hmmm, I get that notification too. I don't think it's supposed to happen tho.

Don't get me wrong, I love games, I buy a lot of them.. Triple A and Indie alike.. and as a freelance designer I even work in that industry every once in a while.
But I'd rather spend 5, 10, 15 bucks on a quality game upfront instead of burrying my money like this. Hence I said I would not spend on anything that is a FarmVille-clone. xD
You know what? I agree. Right now, spending 10 US dollars on a game and playing it indefinitely sounds a lot better. I mean, in-game purchases is the equivalent of the DLC, sure. But unlike a DLC you lose everything if the game crashes to the point where you need to reinstall (which seems to be happening to random iPad1 users) or you want to restart for whatever reasons >.<
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:52:30 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 22, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »
I wanna play, but I don't own a smartphone/tablet/iAnything. :( If this were on Facebook or the Google Chrome store, I'd be all over it.
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

MousE0910

« Reply #459 on: November 22, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »
This thread is awesome. The idea of IDs all in one spot is pure gold. I'll add ALL of you once I find the time (should be later today)

My ID is MousE0910

BTW, somewhat unrelated but every single time I try to access the store to buy gems/bits, I get a "No Internet connection" error message, even though I am connected to the internet and Social works just fine. Any ideas?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 22, 2012, 10:33:50 PM »
I wouldn't mind if I could get gems from taking part in surveys or watching videos since I do understand they need to make money.

BTW, somewhat unrelated but every single time I try to access the store to buy gems/bits, I get a "No Internet connection" error message, even though I am connected to the internet and Social works just fine. Any ideas?

Is your device Jailbroken?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #461 on: November 23, 2012, 01:05:51 AM »
I wouldn't mind if I could get gems from taking part in surveys or watching videos since I do understand they need to make money.

Is your device Jailbroken?
Well, that happened on my iPad4 yesterday. Closing and re-opening the app again (go back to home screen, 4 finger swipe up, hold MyLittlePony icon for five seconds, tap on the dash in the circle, tap outside, open app again) seems to fix it. 

The above steps has practically become my standard procedure in troubleshooting. If I can't connect to a friend's town, GLL, or the shop, or I get any strange errors, I'd first try to restart the app :P

This game is so full of bugs >.<
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:51:04 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #462 on: November 23, 2012, 01:40:52 AM »
I heard you can get Snails from the heart balloon mini game. Anybody knows if this is true? I only get decorations... so many water towers in my town lol.

There's also an awesome bug I found with the treasure chests. If you get like 20 of them in a day and your friend list isn't loading properly, open up your friend list again and close it and it'll drop 19 chests, then 18, and so on until it reaches 1. Sometimes it does it with heart gifts too. I got OVER 300 HEARTS IN ONE DAY FROM THIS ONCE. Unless Sapphire Shores is a heart pony (haven't gotten that high level yet), I have all the heart ponies and enough to play the heart balloon game several times a day.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM by StarlightGaze »

Bread

« Reply #463 on: November 23, 2012, 02:36:47 AM »
I heard you can get Snails from the heart balloon mini game. Anybody knows if this is true? I only get decorations... so many water towers in my town lol.

There's also an awesome bug I found with the treasure chests. If you get like 20 of them in a day and your friend list isn't loading properly, open up your friend list again and close it and it'll drop 19 chests, then 18, and so on until it reaches 1. Sometimes it does it with heart gifts too. I got OVER 300 HEARTS IN ONE DAY FROM THIS ONCE. Unless Sapphire Shores is a heart pony (haven't gotten that high level yet), I have all the heart ponies and enough to play the heart balloon game several times a day.

I think you win ponies from the gem balloon pop only, judging by the silhouettes on the booths (since I guess they indicate what you can win, and the gem booth is the only one with a pony silhouette).

Also, Sapphire shores actually is a heart pony, and she costs 200 hearts.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 23, 2012, 08:06:50 AM »
Hmm, so I bought Time Turner... and somehow ended up with two of him. Has this happened to anyone else?
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal