collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

(old poll- can't figure out how to delete

July 27, 2013
0 (0%)
August 10, 2013
0 (0%)
August 24, 2013
0 (0%)
ANY of those dates works for me!
0 (0%)
I really want to go- but none of these dates work- I will suggest another date below!
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 26, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Author Topic: NW Pony Party planning thread  (Read 22873 times)

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NW Pony Party - August 10th
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »
I'm so glad everyone had a great time!  I wish I could have been there!  I'm excited to see photos. :)

Salli - your ideas sound fantastic, and I would totally love to have a meet in January/February!

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2013, 02:12:45 PM »
I LOVE the 12 x 12 challenge idea! That gives members who are not wanting to customize still a chance to do something fun for a contest!

We had the coloring contest which I think people had fun with. Maybe next year we can have those who did not participate judge, and do it blindly? Or did everyone like having input with the voting method we did this year?

What if we did some kind of pony dress up relay? With the G1s and their ponywear, each person has to put on a piece of ponywear and we do a race. Maybe that's lame, though. I just bought a bunch of ponywear from Momo and was dressing up my ponies and thinking about how some of them are kind of tricky to get on! ;)

I think next year we need to have a few of us who plan on being more substantial dishes and then everyone else can bring whatever. I *almost* stopped and picked up a deli chicken on my way to the party, but I was worried I was late so I didn't. If our meet in in Jan or Feb I might still have a pumpkin hanging around and I can bring pumpkin soup again!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2013, 03:49:31 PM »
Oh man, the dress up relay sounds SOOOOO fun! What a great idea, Katgyrl!

I am already trying to think up a more substantial food. I do make some epic sour-cream chicken enchiladas. I think they may be gluten free too.

Do we want to have it in Maple Valley again?

MyLittleLambie

« Reply #408 on: August 13, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
So, maybe everyone who didn't get to go can swap white elephants?

I think photos of displays would be great?  I don't know how to make a 12x12 easily transportable display otherwise?

And maybe we can pick a "theme" (or 2) and do everything around that... photos, customs, etc?

I think I wasn't sure about being able to heat up foods or refrigerate stuff at the library.  It was nice that the meeting room had a sink, but I wasn't even expecting that.  We could bring a power strip and plug in crockpots though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:03:27 PM by MyLittleLambie »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »
Maybe Serafina or Painted Hooves would swap white elephants with me. :D

I don't think I explained the 12x12 Challenge well. You can just have a piece of scrapbook paper (12x12) with your favorite pony standing on it, or I know MLLambie collects babies, what about some babies lined up or a scene with baby ponies playing? The height restrictions are for certain people who like to go BIG  :lookround:. But big is not necessary and definitely not necessarily better either. It would be a great way to show off a nirvana pony or more than one :)

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
We could totally exchange white elephants Salli :)

Just out of curiosity, would it make it easier for the Oregonians if our winter meet was a little further South-Westerly than the Seattle area?  I know a majority of us live in the Seattle area, but I think it would be awesome to make things more accessible to people slightly out of the area so we can meet more pony people :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »
We could totally exchange white elephants Salli :)

Just out of curiosity, would it make it easier for the Oregonians if our winter meet was a little further South-Westerly than the Seattle area?  I know a majority of us live in the Seattle area, but I think it would be awesome to make things more accessible to people slightly out of the area so we can meet more pony people :)

Let's do it!
And anything more South would help especially for the other Oregonians as I think I am the farthest north. The problem is that most of us are either in Seattle area or Oregon. No one in between or even in Vancouver. I could probably find us a space here in Oregon City but I am worried that the Seattle people won't be able to make it, and I want to see you guys!

Also, how are you hanging in there, PaintedH? Hips any better?

I took 5 minutes and made 3 examples of simple 12x12 displays:
Spoiler
Show accurate modifications
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

G1 big brothers (who need some spa time)

Euro W2 blind bags

You are more than welcome to go more elaborate but these are just simple ways to show off a piece of your collection.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:14:55 AM by Salli »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »
I'm willing to travel South for a pony meet- there was even talk of something in Oregon which I'd be willing to drive to- I love Portland and also have family in Astoria.

My house is pretty far south in Seattle- but not that far south, and a bit small (as we've discovered) for a winter meet.

momo_no_hime

« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2013, 03:24:05 PM »
I think I'm the only person that's smack in between Portland and Seattle. XD My house is a wee bit small to host a meet though, unless we used the backyard. But I personally don't mind driving, as long as we're not talking like four hours or something.

I was a little ill-prepared for this meet, but I'm going to try and make some customs and what-not before the next meet. (Finances and time allowing, of course.)
What if we did some kind of pony dress up relay? With the G1s and their ponywear, each person has to put on a piece of ponywear and we do a race. Maybe that's lame, though. I just bought a bunch of ponywear from Momo and was dressing up my ponies and thinking about how some of them are kind of tricky to get on! ;)

Oh my goodness, some of those pieces I have to wonder how the heck they thought kids were supposed to get them on the ponies! I think that would be really fun though! And I love the 12x12 idea Salli! :D

MyLittleLambie

« Reply #414 on: August 19, 2013, 04:48:17 AM »
Thanks for the 12x12 examples, Salli!  I was imagining more of a craft project involving ponies and things being glued down!

Maybe we can find a suitable library that's south of Seattle along I-5?

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #415 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »
Salli- My hips are doing a lot better now that I've got a maternity support band made to lift some of the weight off my pelvis.  The only problem is the heat!  I really am feeling much better though :)

I'm actually right outside Tacoma, so not quite right in between Portland and Seattle, but I have friends in the Olympia area.  It's a little further from Portland than Seattle is, but I know it's a beautiful area.  :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 01, 2013, 05:09:57 AM »
There you are, thread!!

Anyone want to exchange holiday cards again this year?

PaintedHooves: how are you doing?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 01, 2013, 06:19:19 AM »
I'm in!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2013, 06:10:00 AM »
Still have my addresses from last year, has anyone moved? ANyone new want in?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2013, 06:45:09 AM »
Salli- if you still have the address list, can you send to me ? 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal