collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you do it?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How do you do it?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »
I am with you, I hate cleaning ponies. I use to enjoy it but after cleaning a uncountless number of ponies I hate it! I have to admit I am not putting ponies in my cabinet unwashed, If they are filthy of course I will wash them but if its just a bit of dirty I put them in and figure I will wash them one day.
All Asian types of $2 stores have magic erasers if you go and ask them I am sure they will show you there stash : )

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
I sympathise! I have 300 G3s to clean  :blink:...but they can go in the washing machine! Very gentle cycle in a pillowcase come out brand new! Although usual rules apply , not if they have glitter/3d symbols, battery compartments, twinkle eyes or bright green hair (as it can run). I have a conveyer belt system going scrub bodies with nail brush and soap, magic eraser, shampoo, condition, leave to dry and hair style to set. There is nothing better than removing the paper the next morning to reveal a beautiful sparkly pony with fabulous hair!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »
I agree with Marlin - baby/nappy wipes are powerful things as they dont leave anything behind and work perfectly for a wipe over for surface issues.

As to cleaning everything at one time! No I would go crazy - I do them in big batches but it is batches rather than sitting and cleaning 800+ ponies in one go!

So for me the key is targets - today I will tackle bookshelf 1, next weekend bookshelf 2 and so on...that way it doesnt take over your life [although the rest of the housework may suffer lol!]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »
I have a small collection, kind of for this reason. I don't wanna clean a massive amount of ponies. I'm ok with a massive cleaning, on a hot summer day... that can be kind of fun... but more than that, would make me really miserable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
I try to do them as they come in, but then I got busy at work and there was a pile of 30 sitting there for the longest time. I would just look at it and get tired.  -_-
So I separated them all into piles of 4-5 and bagged them, only getting out one bag per day and keeping the rest hidden so I wouldn't get overwhelmed staring at the pile!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
Eh, they sit on shelves at my house. (My rule of thumb is I don't bother them, they don't bother me...)
If I get bored I'll wipe them down with baby wipes like others do...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »
Honestly I only clean about 6-7 at a time so after cleaning 50 no wonder you are fed up! Just clean a few at a time every few days. I find it tedious too ;)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
I like buying new ponies and taking them to the spa.. but to go and clean my entire collection? That would probably dampen my spirits too! I'm already dreading taking and brushing hair because when my mother and sister were paid to redo my room, they were careless and threw all my ponies in a box together..  -_-

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »
I love cleaning ponies but I can only do a few at a time because of time constraints. And magic erasers yes! the best thing ever, and for normal surface dirt windex and a paper towel, but you spray the towel not the pony.

As for re-hairing I do it three ponies at a time, and I make the plugs ten at a time then put them in, then ten more plugs then put them in and so on and so on. But I do take breaks between pony projects, for example right now I'm putting ponies aside for a doll house I'm working on. Ponies are great but sometime ya gotta take a break you just have to. 

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
I must be one of the strange ones... I LOVE cleaning ponies! It's a very relaxing, almost zen project for me.

What helps is to have something to drink within easy reach.  I find I always get thirsty while working with all that water! I also make sure to have everything I could possibly need for cleaning/restoration work in one spot.  I actually use a shower caddy for this; works great at keeping all the straws, soap, conditioner, hair straightener, magic erasers, etc corralled.

I love to put on some good music and really focus on each pony. Just about every pony that goes through my hands gets cleansed, washed, and minor restoration work. While I'm working on them, I'm thinking about how beautiful they are, how great they'll look when I'm done, and how happy the new owner will be when they get a pony that has been specially prepared for them.

Like others have said, breaking it down into manageable chunks helps quite a bit.  I typically do 10-20 at a time because that's what I have the space for when they're set out to dry.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »
I use baby wipes to give my ponies a gentle wipe down and usually have something on in the background like a tv or music. It helps me concentrate and makes the task more fun. I'm one of those that enjoys cleaning them.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
I have also put mine in the dishwasher, but they were only G3 baits, all headless and sat them in upside down, i didnt care if they lost there symbols etc, coz they woudl be customised, but they all came out fine! Havent done any G1's tho.
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »
I love cleaning ponies! But only because I don't do too many at a time. You can always decide to just clean maybe 2 a day, or whatever number you don't feel burdened with.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:20 PM »
I feel like I'm the odd one out here. I have a dresser some ponies go in. I have one for "new ponies that need cleaning" and then different sections for liek rehair ponies ect. I wait till it's full and clean about thirty in one day. I love cleaning them, rehairing or sunfading. Matter of fact the worse a pony is the more I enjoy messing with them. Perfect non dirty ponies bore me, and I lose interest quickly. :blush:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 09:57:11 PM »
I clean every new pony I get but after they are on the shelves they stay there unless they get particularly dusty, which is only the ones on the top shelf really, or if I see that someones hair needs to be recurled or something.

I DO though clean my custom pony collection about every two weeks, and I have approximately 60. It takes all day :lol: I don't mind it. It makes me appreciate them even more :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal