collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2nd Run Funko :muffin: Pony has her cutie mark corrected to 7 bubbles!  (Read 6945 times)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Run Funko :muffin: Pony has her cutie mark corrected to 7 bubbles!
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 06:55:23 PM »
Okay, at first I was super annoyed to see this was the case, but then I thought it was kinda appropriate my Bubbles has her cutie mark wrong. I mean, maybe she designed it herself. What the hay, I'm keepin' her!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
If you wanted to trade her I did find a seven bubble version.  I like wonky things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »
I wonder if this mean "hardcore" collectors will want both and call the first on a varient.   And then the prices soar a few years from now. Lol

The first one is a variant by definition, isn't it? I'll pick up the new one for my collection at some point!

I don't think it's really a variant - not with such a large and deliberate release...I think they are more like :muffin: Pony I and :muffin: Pony II :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 12:18:48 PM »
I wonder if this mean "hardcore" collectors will want both and call the first on a varient.   And then the prices soar a few years from now. Lol
The first one is a variant by definition, isn't it? I'll pick up the new one for my collection at some point!

I don't think it's really a variant - not with such a large and deliberate release...I think they are more like :muffin: Pony I and :muffin: Pony II :P

I think she is.
Kinda like the pink glitter Twilight Sparkle blind bag. At first they were all pink... and to be honest, I think there was a lot of them for the time. And I picked her up for $3 at the time. ... XD But then, Hasbro fixed the error and she's purple! ... and all releases after that... This is kind of the same thing, but she won't be distributed for so long.. of course.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »

I think she is.
Kinda like the pink glitter Twilight Sparkle blind bag. At first they were all pink... and to be honest, I think there was a lot of them for the time. And I picked her up for $3 at the time. ... XD But then, Hasbro fixed the error and she's purple! ... and all releases after that... This is kind of the same thing, but she won't be distributed for so long.. of course.

Lol - thats the joy of collecting isnt it? We all come to our own terminologies and conclusions :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
Huh... I didn't know that variant meant anything more than "They made more than one version of this." :)

*~ The More You Know! ~!

I'm just excited that there are more than one version of this toy, because it's another piece for my Grey Pegasus collection!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »
I think it does mean that for a lot of people...but for me in pony terms its more to refer to a rare version of a pony [nirvana kind of idea]. So for me German Princess Tiffany is a variant of regular Princess Tiffany. Whereas in this case it feels more like version one and version two...kind of like having a short hair Bow Tie and then the next year a long hair Bow Tie - for me that is 2 versions of the same pony, one isn;t a variant of the other. But as I say its all down to how we each think of things :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
Aaah , that makes sense. :)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal