collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible Etsy troubles. Need Advice! *Good Update?*  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
Possible Etsy troubles. Need Advice! *Good Update?*
« on: October 28, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »
Okay, this isn't pony related but I need some help from anyone who's bought on Etsy before. I bought a pair of Fluffies "furry leg warmers". I paid for them back on October 19th. The seller had 100% positive feedback and the items had very good reviews, so I ordered a pair for my upcoming birthday party. I received a tracking number the next day and waited. It's been almost 10 days and still nothing. I checked the tracking number and all it says is this:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 20, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

I went back to her shop and it's been closed due to a personal injury. She has apparently broken her thumb and will need surgery and cannot sew. I'm a bit perturbed about not getting my fluffies and no contact from her whatsoever, but I know that it's not 100% her fault she got hurt. The other problem is I paid with my credit card instead of my Paypal, so how do I go about getting my refund? Is there a system on Etsy to do this? Or do I need to go through my bank to have a charge back done? I paid $35 for these and I need the money back so I can try to find different ones. Please help!  :(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:13:47 PM by Jahlila »
*~*Jahlila*~*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
Re: Possible Etsy troubles. Need Advice!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:18:18 PM »
Have you tried getting in contact with her or anyone at Etsy?  There should be a way to get in contact with someone at Etsy who can help you out with the payment issue.

Edit: found a link for you! http://www.etsy.com/help/article/35
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:20:11 PM by PaintedHooves »

Offline Jahlila

• View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
I did try to contact her. I sent her a message asking if there was a chance I'd receive it by the date I planned to use it (November 17th). I only received an auto-response message starting the same thing her store page said. The message also said that any orders placed before she closed her shop had already been shipped out by Priority 2-3 day shipping. From what I've seen today, I guess there were 4 customers who were supposed to receive their Fluffies in time for this weekend and they haven't, so they all left her negative feedback. Thank you so much for the link, PaintedHooves! They do definitely have a way to request a refund. I think I'll give her until the 2nd to respond and then I'll be opening a case with Etsy for a refund. I'm still kinda hoping they show up this week.  :cry:
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline PaintedHooves

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:59 AM »
No problem hun, I hope it all works out for you!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 06:22:52 AM »
Hopefully it holds true on what her automated message said, that orders made previous to her injury have been shipped. *crosses fingers for you*

But in any event you can open a claim directly through Paypal. Just go into your account and find the transaction and click on Details.  It should be near the bottom in a light blue box, click Resolution Center and it should walk you through the process. 

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Jahlila

• View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 02:48:22 PM »
So she finally got in touch with me. She said she did not have a pair in the color I ordered (apparently she sold out) and so she said I would have to wait until she either got someone to sew for her or I'd have to wait until she was healed. I was a bit angry at this point, so I asked her if she could guarantee I would have them in time for the 17th. She said not likely. So I have asked for a refund. She hasn't responded back yet. This has given me such a headache that I don't know if I will want to buy from Etsy again. It's not a life or death matter, but I wanted these Fluffies to wear for my upcoming birthday because I wanted to look awesome and not it's looking like I will have to have some made to fit me. (I'm not little by any means and these were the only ones made to fit up to 18" around the leg.) Ugh.... I just hope this ends on a positive note.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:37 PM »
It's understandable that accidents happen and people injure themselves.  It's not understandable to take someone's money and hold it for the promise of a future product unless it's a gift certificate.  As the buyer has already stated they want a refund, they should not have to be forced to deal with this seller a second time. 

I would open a Paypal claim rather than listen to her come up with excuses why she needs to keep your money. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Jahlila

• View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »
She never responded back about a refund, so I've opened a case against her and I'm looking into ordering from another company. I'm really sad that this isn't working out, but I don't make much money and for her to keep that payment and not send me what I ordered really isn't okay. And now I've seen complaints that people are receiving the wrong colors/ wrong items. For those who may be wondering which shop it is, it's TheSkyWasPink on Etsy.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
Terrible business practice. :( I am sure she is not having the time of her life with a broken digit, but she's been well enough to type or have someone type for her, so they had the opportunity to refund you the money. I am glad you have found a way to be refunded through Etsy and I hope that if you do use Etsy again, your next experience will be delightful. All of my experiences thus far have been between great and fair. It's not the site itself so much as it's this seller who doesn't know how to deal with business while facing stress and injury.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Jahlila

• View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »
Update: So, now my package is on it's way, according to USPS. I am hoping it's the correct color, as many of the most recent feedbacks are complaining about receiving the wrong item. According to the tracking number, I should receive it on Monday or Tuesday. I'll post an update on what happens when my fluffies arrive. For now, I'm keeping my case open.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Etsy troubles. Need Advice! *Good Update?*
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 03:14:33 AM »
I hope she sends you the right one's.  And your absolutely right on keeping that case open till they arrive.  It can be closed once your fluffies arrive and you have checked them over for correct size and color.

*crosses fingers*
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Jahlila

• View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »
Good news! My fluffies showed up! They're the correct color and size too. The down side? They STINK of cigarette smoke. :( So, I'm gonna have to let them sit in a bag of baking soda to help get rid of the smell. I'm unsure of what kind of feedback to leave now. On the one hand, I got exactly what I ordered, but on the other hand, there was lack of communication and they need to be deodorized. Would a neutral be a good idea?
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline PaintedHooves

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »
I would leave neutral feedback but make sure you mention the initial problem was not her fault, however she did minimal to fulfill her obligation to you as a customer.  Sellers are defined by their actions when conditions are not ideal; most anyone can run a shop when nothings going wrong...

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »
She sent you a handmade item that smelled of cigarette smoke?  AWFUL! 

I would definitely be leaving her negative feedback after that - would you expect a new jacket bought from a department store to smell like an ashtray?  Would you consider it acceptable if a waitress brought you your food with little flecks of ash along the edge of the plate? 

If someone with asthma or allergies ordered from her, that kind of thing could potentially send them to the hospital!  In no way, shape, or fashion should a buyer ever become informed about a seller's personal recreational habits by way of shoddy handling of the sales item.  :(  So sorry you are having to deal with this!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 08:14:02 AM »
Did it say anywhere in her shop policies or any where else that she/anyone in her studio is a smoker? I would consider asking her in a convo first if you can get a partial refund if it doesn't say anything about smoking. If she doesn't respond/doesn't offer to help I would consider negative feedback because of the delay and the smell. I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes so if something like that happened, that would upset me, but sometimes mistakes like that can happen (where someone else smoked around it, but she should have been able to smell it and cleaned it before sending it out).

If she does want to try and give you a partial refund or work something out about it I would leave her neutral feedback then.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you, and I hope it doesn't turn you off from wanting to buy more things from Etsy on the future. There are thousands of great sellers on Etsy, but once in a while you do get that dud seller.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal