collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: East Coast US - Are you ready for Sandy?  (Read 10781 times)

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
Re: East Coast US - Are you ready for Sandy?
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2012, 02:33:13 PM »
joce, I hope you found a warm place to stay. And everyone else too!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2012, 03:56:33 PM »
Well I heard back from my baby sister she is ok but without power, and her boyfriend almost got swept away too. All of them are fine though, and I am happy to hear she is fine.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
I feel so bad for family and friends on the East Coast- our family is still without power in NJ- and it is hard if not impossible to get around- we are communicating through the one person who has a cell phone as everyone else (older generation you know) relied on land lines...

The bad news keeps coming too- we just read this story for my partner's home town- http://mendham-chester.patch.com/articles/kids-freed-themselves-from-fatal-wreck-cops-say  how sad for those kids...

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
Something light hearted :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bright_Glow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2012, 02:31:36 AM »
Nice light message. It's terrible to hear and read about all this Sandy ad it's destruction over here from Europe.
It's really good to see you guys are alive and you could came up even when electricity is problematical over there.

I can't help but I really would like to hear about how are your pets too. How did they act during the storm?

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2012, 06:57:10 AM »
Bright_Glow, my pets definitely knew something was going on. The dogs hid in their beds. The cats were very jumpy and eventually found a spot to hide. One of them had to be right under my feet the whole time though. We raise bees and for the days before the storm they were very active, swarming a bit, but eventually they all went inside their hive and hid out the storm too. I am so glad the wind did not knock them over. I feel we have them pretty well protected.
I've always thought the animals could tell when something like this is going to happen. Even last week we had thousands of birds come flying through here from the east. It was insane and now I wonder if they were flying away from the coast.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »
One of those pictures is from just a few blocks from my grandparents, who actually were not in the evacuation zone.

I know two families that had their houses flooded, and one thing I am (and certainly they are) finding frustrating is that there were other areas in NYC that were (are?) underwater too, but we can't find any information about just how bad those areas were damaged or what kind of wait for cleanup and power they can expect. The fire department in one area tells them probably 10 days for power, but that's all we know, and the other person, I've heard even less.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
I heard from my family in NJ too! They are OK and without power for at least a week...but they are obviously saddened by all the destruction surrounding them. Standing in line for 2 hours to get some gas for their generators is what they were doing recently.

My mom: the awesome that she is totally sent out halloween cards to the grandchildren early and they got them last week, so at least we were able to send something happy!  :happy: poor kiddies, and it's going to be one's birthday in a few days....she got a hurricane as a present!

I'm incredibly saddened to see all the destruction :( and hear about all the losses. I do however love hearing the good things though, and seeing pictures like kasin's is absolutely the best!!

:hug: for all of you suffering Sandy's trouble!

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2012, 12:23:04 PM »
US death toll up to 97...could be more as NYC is searched.

Today is the first day Staten Island has received any aid, despite people being stranded on their houses, no power, no food, no clean water.  Yesterday, I saw video of areas on New Jersey where the water still is not receding.  What a mess.  I feel awful for the parts of NYC and NJ affected by this. 

Offline WildBlue

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »

Today is the first day Staten Island has received any aid, despite people being stranded on their houses, no power, no food, no clean water.  Yesterday, I saw video of areas on New Jersey where the water still is not receding.  What a mess.  I feel awful for the parts of NYC and NJ affected by this.

Oh my, that number has really gone up.  :cry:
Thanks for the updates.

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »

Oh my, that number has really gone up.  :cry:
Thanks for the updates.

No problem.  A NYC friend of mine just posted a message about how she can't believe that the NYC marathon isn't cancelled and will start in Staten Island on Sunday.  It included a news story about the latest updates.  They really are heartbreaking :(

And to top it off, I just got a weather update that a Nor'Easter might hit the Maryland/Delaware/New Jersey coast next week.  You'd think they would have had enough bad luck with the weather for a while.  I hope the weather reports end up to be wrong :(

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
I honestly will be upset if they run the marathon as planned. There are bigger things to worry about right now.

Neighborhood is still without power. We ran an extension cord across the street to try to help a neighbor out. School resumes on Monday, but some schools in the district are still without power.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2012, 01:31:52 PM »
The sign of "go away sandy" is funny.  :iconclap: :haha:

Now I read a noreaster is on the way.  Great.  :brr: :pullhair:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:33:24 PM by Majesty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal