collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which TWO ghouls should make it to the next round? You MUST choose TWO!

Cupid
103 (43.3%)
Jordan
53 (22.3%)
Kalma
82 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: October 27, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Author Topic: Challenge 11 - Evaluation  (Read 2542 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Challenge 11 - Evaluation
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:13:28 PM »
Good evening, ghouls. It is time for your evaluation.

You recall our judges (Alas, poor Tyra is extremely sick this week and unable to join us):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your critique, in alphabetical order:

Cupid:

Janice: GHOUL, you are gorgeous. Of all our finalists, you naturally look the most like Marie Guilloniette, in my opinion, giving you a bit of an edge in this challenge. And you played it up to display your fabulousness. Your hair looks amazing, your expression is alluring, and your outfit and accessories are definitely Scaris-worthy. I adore that you've showcased several different shades of eyeshadow, too.

Nigel: Ghoul ... you always nail it head on!  And still channeling the lovely Poison Ivy I see as well. *rests chin on hands*  You look positively delish in the shots, but i am missing that Cupid spark, that threat of love's vengeance hanging over me is not present.  The piercing stare captures your attention and doesn't let go, stellar, I love it!  but the whole shot together doesn't contain the dazzle and charm you normally exude, I think it's missing a touch more of yourself being visible.  The hand at the face, not covering, not hiding, but drawing attention to your lips, very hard to do, beautiful shot!  Have the others brought their A games too though?

Naomi: The slightly off kilter smile in your first photo is pure magic, as is that lovely roll of hair stealing the scene. You simply radiate all things Marie Guilloinette. Normally I would caution against covering over one's lips, but in your second photo, it totally works. You're not so much covering them as reaching for them. Even though this is an advertisement for eye shadow, showcasing all your makeup is important, and you've done that fully. And is that Spooktacular Sage eyeshadow in your second photo? Nicely done! I also enjoy your trendy, more modern take on Marie and all things French Revolution.

Jordan:

Janice: Damn it, will no one let me complain this week?! Jordan, your shoot was drop-dead delicious. Your hair looks absolutely incredible; your baubles are beautiful; and your expressions in your pictures are so delicate and pretty, yet with plenty of attitude. I will say I'm not wild about the blue dress you chose for some of your pictures; the colors just don't mesh. But overall, I am FLOORED by you this week.

Nigel: *howls* Jordan, first I have to say, that I truly loved your different wig this week, but as wonderful as it was ... it had NOTHING on this glorious masterpiece of hair-witchery!  i do wish that we could have seen a touch more of your eye shadow, it's is somewhat hidden by your bangs in each shot.  All attention is on your face which is an absolute must for a CoverGhoul ad and you manage to capture the feel of Marie, even the not so fierce side.  Power weighs heavy on the crown ... doesn't mean you don't look ghoulishly glamorous doing it!  i do so wish i could could your face from the first and the bod from the second and moosh them together ... there would be no second guessing for then ghoul! BRAVO!

Naomi: Who would have known you could do that to your hair?! What I like is that your eyes are large and in charge, your jewels and accessories pay homage to Marie without getting too literal, and that diamond on you cheek? Perfection. In the first photo, you're modeling down to your very hands and that's what it's all about. While your dress in the second photo is perfect for the occasion, there is a disconnect with your eyes. I see more of a melancholy Marie on her way to the gallows versus a fierce, confident werewolf. Regardless, you really pulled it off this time around. Excellent!

Kalma:

Janice: You look like a wedding cake - and certainly good enough to eat. My sweet skeleton, throughout the competition you've wowed us with your perfect professionalism, and these ads you've created are no exception. The only thing I'd bitch about was the lack of emotional connection in your close-up. I feel like you seem a little bored - which is ridiculous, considering how amazing you look.

Nigel: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!  I do wish your makeup stood out a touch more on your beguiling white face, maybe a touch of Poltergeist Pink instead of Werecat White?  A rosy highlight to draw more attention to your wonderful face so we aren't quite so lost to your dazzling dress.  Spot on with the gorgeous gown by the way, spot on!  And the hat Kalma ... have we missed tea time? I'm positive we've missed tea time ... I need some nibbles because it is delightfully real looking and a true fascinator!  A nice little toss up to the story of Marie.

Naomi: Your close up is gorgeous. You're putting in such dainty, delicate movements and you look like Marie Guillonette reincarnate - probably the most literal representation of her among the three remaining contestants.  It was rather unexpected to see a dull body shot for a cosmetics advertisement, and I'm not totally convinced it's working for you. Your eyes are just too far away to fully appreciate your eye shadow, and the attention almost becomes more of a focus on your lovely gown than what's above the neck. Your modeling above the waist is great, though. Wonderful job.

Good luck, my final three! May the best ghoul win!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:07:08 PM by America's Next Top Monster »

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 11 - Results
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
MEEP! *buries face in hands*
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 06:20:38 PM »
MEEP! *buries face in hands*

My thoughts exactly!  >_<

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »
HNNNGGGG KALMA DAT DRESS
DAT HAIR
DAT EVERYTHING

I know where my vote is going, once again!
Everyone did very nice though!

Also, Tuney, isn't this thread supposed to be titled the evaluation?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »
Also, Tuney, isn't this thread supposed to be titled the evaluation?

I noticed that and about had a heart attack thinking the judges had just made their decision without any voting this time! Tuney don't scare me like that!! XD

Everyone looks amazing this week, again! :)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:36:16 PM »
GO KALMA! :D

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
*has urge to bite nails more* OMG all these shots are amazing T_T

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:51 PM »
Great shots be all 3 contestants this challenge!  But I think Jordan has the prettiest face, for a CoverGirl photo shoot, I had to go with her.

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
I was holding my breath for this challenge for days! go Jordan!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 11 - Evaluation
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
My bad! haha. I just noticed that I'd messed the title up when I went to check this thread out. I need an editor! Muahaha!

Post Merge: October 25, 2012, 07:11:13 PM

31 different members have voted but only 48 actual votes have been cast. Since each person should be making two choices, the votes should total 62! Make sure to vote for two ghouls so this is as accurate as possible! I know it's tempting to only choose your favorite, but you can't have a finale with only one contestant, remember! LOL
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:11:13 PM by America's Next Top Monster »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »
It's getting harder and harder to choose!  :blink:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »
GAHH, I saw the 'vote for two' AFTER I voted. I'm so sorry. DX

This wasn't easy in the first place!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
Awesome ads everyone!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 09:30:18 PM »
Woooooowwww, so impressed with all of the ghouls! Those ads make me want graveyard eyes too!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »
WOW that was hard lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal