collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Those games you keep coming back to  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Those games you keep coming back to
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
Evie - Sonic CD is one of Mr. Skeen's favorite games, but I use the music for my workout tunes, lol!  :)

I can ALWAYS re-play the Myst series, Shivers 1 and 2, the Ratchet series, the original Spyro trilogy, and The 7th Guest.  Actually, add Lighthouse to the list.  It was really underrated, and I got to speak to the lead designer and he was a really nice guy.  He sent me a signed copy of the game and a Lighthouse t-shirt and everything!  Ooh ooh!  And the original Dark Fall, back when it was still a self-published game in a DVD case that you had to order directly from the guy in England.  He is the nicest guy ever. 

And Secret of Mana.  I am SO happy I modded every handheld system I own so I can play that one.  And the sequel.  Man, those were the days!

Mr. Skeen would say he can always replay any of the old Sierra classics, but then he knows, like, everyone ever involved in making one of them so he's biased.  ;)  I think his list would be Pokemon Emerald, Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Adventure DX, Monster Bash, Duke Nukem originals, Commander Keen, the Sierra stuff, and Pokemon TCG. 

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
I adore re-reading my favorite books, and it's the same with video games! There isn't a game I won that I haven't replayed at least twice, probably closer to twenty times. I even replayed Disaster Report a few times, and that aged terribly!

Favorites: the Spyros, the Ratchet + Clanks, the Jak + Daxters. My favorite game of all time is Okami, but it's in fierce contention with Rayman. I love Rayman. :)
I'll put something here some time

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »
NoPonySpecial - Ditto the Spyros and Jak + Daxters! They're some of my favourites :) I also come back to PS1 Crash Bandicoot and Red Dead Redemption.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
guitar hero, transport tycoon, jak + dexter ^^
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
kaoskat: The Dog Island = looks super cute!! My goodness I should try it

You totally should! You get to run around as the world's cutest puppy barking at things and sniffing stuff! It's really a great little RPG! It's alot of fun because it's simple to play so it isn't stressful. Filling your sniff index can be challenging but it's not required to complete the game. It's really cute and I find it really relaxing when I just want to play a game but don't want the stress of stratagizing to beat bosses.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »
On the computer--
-Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (plus expansion packs)--I LOVE this game.
-Majesty (plus expansion pack)
-Plants vs. Zombies, a really unique and really fun game
-Age of Empires

On the Super Nintendo, Super Mario Brothers 3.  And on the N64, both Banjo Kazooie games and Mario Kart.

I also occasionally will get into Farmville on Facebook for awhile, then get bored with it for awhile.  Lately I've really gotten into playing Chefville.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:34:11 PM by bewilderness »

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »
Harvest Moon!!!!!!! Especially DS/DSC!

Pokemon Leaf Green also.

And of course, Mario, Yoshi's Island, and Kirby games!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »
I constantly come back to Viva Pinata. Omg I love that game more then anyone really should honestly. I was one of the first 1000 people to beat out Trouble in Paradise so I got an elite/neon/special colored choclodocus.
I just got the pinata game for the DS and I can't put it down. 

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Rion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 03:44:05 PM »
Pretty much any Harvest Moon game.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 09:19:35 PM »
I spend some time with my beloved Castlevania: Symphony of the Night whenever the mood strikes me. It's my favorite game ever. :heart:

I've beaten Resident Evil 4 more times than is really entirely sensible. I like to call Castlevania's Alucard my soul mate, but Leon is pretty far up the list.

I'm crazy about Fallout 3, and I love returning to it.

And I find Tetris extremely relaxing, and often unwind/fall asleep playing it on my handheld. I sometimes substitute Bejeweled, but my heart belongs to Tetris.

Finally, I'm a bit surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I still find myself going back to World of Warcraft. Really the only thing keeping us apart is my complete lack of the kind time I'd want to devote to it if I were playing regularly again. :<

I find it really interesting how in most mediums, sequels so rarely manage to live up to the originals, but in video games it's practically the opposite. Almost all of my favorite games are later sequels in long-running franchises!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 12:09:56 AM »
I'm so boring, I keep playing all the Morrowind, Oblivion Skyrim stuff plus the Fables, 1, 2 & 3. And Sonic the Hedgehog just for kicks.
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 02:40:53 AM »
Oh, there are plenty  :silly:
Sonic
Super Mario
Spyro
SSX 3 and im trying to get to play the new SSX Deadly Descents

Thank you :heart:

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 07:13:39 AM »
Sonic CD. >>

I had it on the PC as a kid and played it to death!  I somehow ended up losing the disc but utterly lost it when it came out on the Playstation Network.  I find myself going back to it when I'm bored and don't know what else to play. :P

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »
Yay!  I'm so glad I'm not alone in replaying games! ^.^

Let's see...  Star Ocean 2 for the PS, Age of Empires (the first one) and Baldur's Gate 2 for the (very dreadfully old) laptop, the SNES version of SimCity, and Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

There are also games that I still have and haven't ever really stopped playing... Harvest Moon DS Cute, Pokémon Platinum, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (which I refuse to finish because I'm having way too much fun playing as Bowser :lol:).

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »
Nice nice, we have some Rachet + Clank and Spyro fans!~ They were tons of fun

Skeen:  That's really neat, being able to speak with the head designer and having those goodies sent to you!  :frolic: I definitely remember playing and enjoying it.
Sounds like you had some neat experiences with these creators/designers!
It must be neat to know the people involved! XD

NoPonySpecial: Okami is super neato, but yeah....Rayman was waaay fun. I love the way they designed his body...it's funny  :lol:

fiwen30: My bf loves Red Dead Redemption!! It was the one game I showed proudly to my western-obsessed father and even he thought it was pretty darn swell.

Zora: What was the best guitar hero in your opinion? I enjoyed that game for a long time! Jak + Daxter was also really popular next to Ratchet..though I'm thinking I didn't play it often!

Kaoskat: I'm totally going to see if I can find one! I'll google and look around for some prices on it. It's sure nice to weave in calming games inbetween those stressful ones!! That's why I like TopShop and such every once in a while. Thanks for the information  :happy:

bewilderness: All those you listed, my friends love and I HAVE YET to even play Plants vs Zombies even knowing all the great things that are said about it! Can't play em all I guess?  :rofl: That's how I feel about farmville too. It was addictive at first then boring, a period of waiting, then right back in all over again! I have not used my facebook in years however....

karrie91: Harvest Moon on the DS is just plain portable love!  :drunk: and yoshi, mario, kirby: OF COURSE! have a favorite kirby? (Zelda.)

Vampasaurus: OMGOSH: PINATA!!  That's really impressive....I never took it too far....but it was one of my first Xbox indulgences...they have a DS one?! Im really behind!! I must must go youtube this.

Rion: Harvest moon is quite popular :)

Keelee_von_Cupcake: I have a little book of Castlevania art and a ds stylus...and ds game container from work.....I need to get rid of...do you want? XDD I just need to find it. (just moved ;) so if you want, let me know. It's just silly cute stuff that I'd rather give to someone who loves Castlevania...than drop it somewhere)

WoW was fun, and I found it more relaxing than FFXI and smooth....but I just kept ignoring it! It certainly does take lots of time :X

Long live GOOD video game sequels....it really is true, they are the best running forward and make good money....Disney movie sequels not so much

Tiggums6: Not boring! Those are highly addictive and have a great fanbase! People just love em to pieces because of all the detail! Sonic FTW!

hilamb: Nice nice, what a neat picture make sure you play it...that looks impressive :D

Kaeldre: Soniiicuuuu : I love me some Amy Rose...

Sugar.Lightning:  Star Ocean 2 was sooo beautiful and I really loved it!! I think it has moved on....;( poop stain... wow Baldurs Gate 2....and SNES SimCity. The older games are still all fun though no matter :D

Playing as Bowser would be so much fun, how could you finish it?! and YEAH more Harvest moon fans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal