collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Round Robin Swap - GAUGING INTEREST - Updated!  (Read 800 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: Round Robin Swap - GAUGING INTEREST
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 05:06:50 AM »
I'm interested in the idea of this swap, but what's holding me back from jumping on it is the cost of the shipping. When Maniah was looking for people, it seemed like she was looking for no more than 3 other people, meaning you only had to ship 3 times which seemed more doable for me money wise.

While I would love to take part in this, between being a newbie and what might be a larger scale of numbers of times a pony has to be shipped, I think that I have to pass on this for now.  :cry:

To be fair, I was looking for three people, and that would make me the 4th person. There would still have been 4 ponies to ship out.

But if I understand correctly, Phyllie is willing to coordinate multiple groups if she gets enough interest. So it wouldn't be like she would be cramming in extra folks.

1. Prep Bait
2. Paint body(if needed) add cutie mark
3. Paint eyes, add details
4. Rehair/style

You COULD combine steps 2 & 3 for a 3 person group, or you could break the steps down further for a bigger group. My ideal was a group of 3 or 4 people (including me), and I really wouldn't want to go bigger than that because of the shipping costs.

What she originally quoted from me was the biggest breakdown I could manage, I think. An example of how far it could go.

Phyllie, maybe you can amend the first post to state how many people you would like in one group?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:09:17 AM by Maniah »

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
Re: Round Robin Swap - GAUGING INTEREST
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys!  I've updated the first post to include rules and some clarification on group size.  I think groups of no more than 4 will be easiest to manage, and help cut down on shipping expenses for everyone. 

I'm not totally against allowing sculpting, but it would be at your own risk.  If you decide to sculpt and something is broken during shipping, the sculptor would be responsible for shipping the custom back to themselves for repair.  If the weight of the box increases and the shipping price jumps the sculptor would be responsible for those costs as well.  If someone really wants to sculpt I would suggest keeping it very minimal. 

As for dates, I think one week per most steps would be reasonable.  Possibly 2 weeks for the painting?  I know I can prep a bait and do hair in less than a day, but I take way longer on my details. 

If enough people are interested but would like to wait until the hoildays are over, I'm ok to start after the new year.  I'm thinking of joining the holdiay swap myself, so I know I'd want to make sure I have enough slots open.  If we can get approval soon and have 4 participants who are ready to go now we can always start sooner.   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline MoonHawke

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Gaming is Magic
    • View Profile
Re: Round Robin Swap - GAUGING INTEREST - Updated!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:21 PM »
Ah, ok. That makes more sense to me.

Then I guess, if you do a newbie group (or two) I would be interested. While I have the feedback, I have only been a member of the Arena for about 2 months or so.

Thanks for the clarification! ;)
Wishlist: Cherry Blossom :heart: Fairy Dust

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 06:58:25 AM »
So what happens in the next person does not like what the previous person did? Do they have the option of redoing that portion?
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 07:26:59 AM »
To me, part of the challenge of this is to work with what you get. To take what you get and build onto it. Make it something more.

So.. If the person before me made a dog cutie mark, and my task is to embellish the design and do the eyes, I would not change the dog. But maybe the dog would look cute with a collar.. I would add a collar to it.

In theory, we will all fill out traditional swap forms about our likes and dislikes, and what we want and dont want.. So as long as people follow the form (which should be included in the box each time it is shipped), then you know the pony is being made according to the persons interests.

Offline PhyllieBean

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 08:31:20 AM »
To me, part of the challenge of this is to work with what you get. To take what you get and build onto it. Make it something more.

This ^   I think everyone's work should have to show through in the end.  It's part of the challenge and will result in a piece that highlights everyone's work.  I'd say embellishing or adding on to other elements is expected, but not covering them up or disposing of them all together.  And like Maniah said, with each person having a preferences list worked out ahead of time everyone should pretty much be on the same page for each pony anyway. 

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
Looks like I won't be able to participate  :sad:  Maybe for the next one if this round goes well enough.  Good luck to everypony involved!  Sounds like a blast!

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 05:13:02 AM »
With the new swap rules in place, we may need to wait for some swaps to end so that people get more slots opened up to them to participate with. I forgot about that little detail!

Offline PhyllieBean

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 08:23:53 AM »
Yeah.  I'm willing to wait until after the holidays if need be.  No rush, just wanted to see if people were still down for it with another host.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal