collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FS Applejack re-release,?  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: FS Applejack re-release,?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
some people nabbed them off Taobao- I seem to remember they were all three unicorns- maybe pearlized color? 

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 05:05:16 PM »
If she's released again I will CERTAINLY get her the moment I see her. I feel stupid for passing her up in the first place. I now think she's the most adorable FS pony and she's one of my favorites from the show.

I feel a bit stupid for not getting her either- but I didn't LOVE the G4s when they first came out- and the FS ponies seemed very expensive-

I can not agree with this more.  Exactly what happened to me.

Offline Azteca

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »
I wouldn't expect her until perhaps the new year to be honest but then again it depends on how quickly stock moves - unfortunately with the new wave having 2 recently released ponies in addition to the sought after Rarity I wouldnt expect great speed.

She will get a release again - Hasbro confirmed it plus with the money on these moulds they were never only ever going to get one showing on shelves.

Post Merge: October 18, 2012, 05:05:46 PM

at BBTS is DD available or is she completely sold out? It says Preorder & Sold out and it says its estimated to arrive in October 2012.

They obviously picked up Comic Con stock and sold them at a premium. DD is an exclusive pony, if BBTS get stock in there would need to be some questions on where the items come from to be honest.

If they are selling her at the price I'll pay that than paying $100+ on Ebay. I just want to know whether or not they are still selling her at BBTS

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 05:19:19 PM »
I'm going to sound stupid, but what does "BBTS" stand for?  :blush:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
So sorry, I should have said when I first mentioned it.  It's

"http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx"

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 06:30:48 AM »
at BBTS is DD available or is she completely sold out? It says Preorder & Sold out and it says its estimated to arrive in October 2012.

They obviously picked up Comic Con stock and sold them at a premium. DD is an exclusive pony, if BBTS get stock in there would need to be some questions on where the items come from to be honest.

If they are selling her at the price I'll pay that than paying $100+ on Ebay. I just want to know whether or not they are still selling her at BBTS

The listing wont suddenly open again. She was an exclusive pony - exclusive to the Fair and to the Comic Con - she was not available for retail. BBTS will, as mentioned, simply have picked up stock from CC, in the same manner that other resellers, including ToyWiz, do in order to re sell them on for a marked up price. The stock they got would have been limited and as such "sold out" very very quickly.

She will not show up in the same way for retail as she was sold as an exclusive. Hasbro, Mattel and many other toy companies have been making exclusives for many years and the nature of the exclusive is such that it truly does remain exclusive to the event with excess stock only really turning up on the manufacturers own website. If they changed this in many ways it would perhaps be a disappointment to collecting communities as it would take away the nature of having an exclusive if the item was eventually to simply sell retail. 

Post Merge: October 20, 2012, 06:34:35 AM

I know and I wanted those flower fillies- dag burn it!

What was this supposed to be? I've never heard of a second set. What's different about it?

There was supposed to be a second set of baby unicorns all with a pearlised finish - there were 3 of them purple, orange and pink and each one was dressed in the same flower fillies outfits as we saw on the release of the CMC.

They were never available anywhere - never on Taobao and never in retail - they were displayed at the NY Toy Fair earlier in the year and were supposed to be a release after the CMC flower filles but it never happened.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:34:35 AM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 07:45:01 PM »
Oh - I didn't realize they hadn't been seen on Taobao-  I thought I saw that at least two people from this board had found them- but maybe I was hallucinating :D

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 08:27:21 PM »
I was hoping that when the re-releases are finally seen they would be the same, no accessory changes or anything... so can anyone explain why I just found a FS Rarity for sale on ebay with a DVD included? Was this exclusive somewhere or has someone slipped a DVD into a box then resealed like it's mint?

I hope AJ doesn't pop up with a DVD in the way... and I hope she turns up soon! I've been stalking around watching out for ANY word on her! *fingers crossed for Christmas or early 2013* :D
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
Our FS Pinkie Pie had a DVD "back in the day".  This was before they were included in the basic size.  Dunno if that helps to know.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »
Maybe she's old stock. I've never seen any pony with a DVD but I guess it's probably a USA thing now that I think of it lol.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:19 AM »
     I've never seen one like that in the U.S., and I've been to a lot of places. If that's the only change I welcome it, but that seller may have hastily put that together at home and @ $95 I don't think they're above taking us for a ride. Generally you can the see episode title clearly on the dvd and their's looks like it was just dropped in there.

I like how they have to mention "dvd is not a toy", they should also say "if you eat too many apples, you'll get a "wicked bad" tummy ache.".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:47:55 AM by popyduggan »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
I don't remember the DVD- but I wouldn't have been looking for it.

The last time I was at Target they still had Rarity so I will look again next time I go...

Oh- and I am pretty sure we WON'T see the re-released AJ in time for Christmas- production and shipping take forever- there are a ton of  Raritys, Lunas, Pinkies, and Pink Celestias on Taobao- with a healthy sprinkling of Rainbow Dash, Prince and Cadence-  I have a feeling that these are the ponies we will be seeing for the next three months.

But of course it would be awesome if I were to be wrong.  I too would love AJ for Christmas...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:17:24 AM by Galactica »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 02:07:43 PM »
I was hoping that when the re-releases are finally seen they would be the same, no accessory changes or anything... so can anyone explain why I just found a FS Rarity for sale on ebay with a DVD included? Was this exclusive somewhere or has someone slipped a DVD into a box then resealed like it's mint?

I hope AJ doesn't pop up with a DVD in the way... and I hope she turns up soon! I've been stalking around watching out for ANY word on her! *fingers crossed for Christmas or early 2013* :D

One of the FS waves - I cant remember which one off the top of my head but it will be in the Coming Soon thread - I know it was the one with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie was released sometimes with a DVD. But to date thats the only FS wave which had them as opposed to the smaller playful ponies which have in the US been released with a DVD just about every time in the last 3 or 4 waves.

I guess the DVD thing has proven popular enough on the playful ponies that Hasbro have decided to include it in some future FS waves. Which episode did the Rarity include?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 02:34:45 AM »
I seems to recall my fashion style Rarity originally coming with a DVD included.  I'm not 100% positive, but I know she was one of the first ponies I picked up and it stood out to me that she had a DVD, since none of the other ponies I had bought at the time did.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 03:37:26 AM »
I'm going to sound stupid, but what does "BBTS" stand for?  :blush:

Your not stupid, you just did not know. I would not know either if I had never shopped there before.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal