collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What kind of pet(s) do you have?

Birds
72 (6.1%)
Cats
329 (27.8%)
Chinchillas/Degus
7 (0.6%)
Dogs
259 (21.9%)
Ferrets
15 (1.3%)
Fish/Aquatic
122 (10.3%)
Frogs
15 (1.3%)
Guinea pigs/Hamsters/Gerbils
67 (5.7%)
Horses
48 (4.1%)
Insects/Spiders
11 (0.9%)
Lizards/Geckos/Iguanas
25 (2.1%)
Rabbits
47 (4%)
Rats/Mice
36 (3%)
Snakes
23 (1.9%)
Turtles/Tortoises
18 (1.5%)
Barnyard (goats, pigs, cows, etc)
22 (1.9%)
Other (what is it?)
21 (1.8%)
None
45 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 390

Author Topic: Do you have any pets?  (Read 10527 times)

pineapples

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you have any pets?
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
I had a Rat but my mum forgot to close his cage and my dog ate him  :cry: He was a very good friend.
I had mice once too but they died of old age when I was younger I had a whole managery of animals.
But at the moment it's just my two dogs and cat.
I would love a chinchilla but I live in Australia.
I would also love a rabbit or a ferret but I live in Queensland where rabbits and ferrets are illegal to have as pets.

One day I probably will end up with a farm load of animals as I love them too much.
 :)
For now it's just my ponies, plushies and the dogs and cat.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2012, 11:56:46 PM »
I would love a cat. My boyfriend is allergic to animal fur, so we can't have anything. That, and the landlord wouldn't allow pets anyway, so yes :(

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 01:12:12 AM »
I have 2 little corn snakes. :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 05:09:17 AM »
I don't have any pets now, but the last pet I had was a fancy rat. I'm thinking about getting a corn snake some time in the future.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2012, 07:16:07 AM »
4 cats a snake and a turtle ^^ We are also thinking about a doggy, so I'm excited. ;D

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012, 07:23:02 AM »
I have 2 kitties. Only have photos of Yuri though. I got him a kitten friend Little Lady. Yuri is a sneaky bugger... but I love him anyways! I should set him up in some sort of space themed photo he is named after first man in space ;)

My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »
We have a 5 year old Australian cattle dog mix named Nova or Gorgeous Girl as we call her often enough. :)  My boyfriend has had her since she was weeks old, she's HIGHLY attached to him.  His mom tried giving her away and he is the only one who can handle her. She chews up our clothing, is ALWAYS in the trash. She's bitten our son, goes after our shoes, haha.

But we love her and couldn't imagine not having her.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline minercia

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Instagram ♥ @minerciadesign ♥
    • View Profile
    • minercia.com
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »
I used to have a parrotlet when I was kid and I hope to get one for my kid soon!

Will trade for Polly Pockets
ETSY SHOP

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »
Currently we have two kitties

Nadia (grouchy old thing) and Nicki (attention hog). Max crossed the Rainbow Bridge in July :(

2 guinea pigs (Snow White and Charlie)

and "The Girls" - our hens: Goldilocks, Red, Liza, Easter, Camilla, and Little Bit  (who needs a new name). Sadly we had to rehome Little Chickie last Friday because he decided to let be known that he was a roo not a hen. We aren't allowed to keep roosters in our city. Our kids were sad but thankfully a lady took him because she was looking for a bantam rooster.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »
I have a little hamster, Jenson.

I've also been looking after my friend's rats for quite a while but she finally managed to take them back.

My pride and joy at the moment are my two new babies XD:

Aren't they just adorable! They're just nine weeks old now.

steampunk

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
We have two cat-children, and hope to get a dog when we move again. Sorin is 3.5 and Loki just turned 2.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
I've always had a lot of pets growing up on a farm, but living in rent places with my wife has cut down on my pets. When we first moved in together I had a rat and a rabbit. The rabbit had to be given away due to my wife's allergies. -_-  The rat eventually died of old age.

Right now I have two dogs a mini Schnauzer and a mini Poodle....now if you talk about all the pets I left at my parents house.

Two cats (even though I'm not a cat person they live outside so it's ok), two large dogs (one passed away recently though so just one big lab), two cows I raised as babies that now live with my dad's herd andddd five horses in his herd that are specifically mine. Someday I'll live somewhere where I can keep my pets. :blush:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »
I have one cat named Eowyn; a long-haired grey tabby with a white bib and white socks. I got her when she was about 9 weeks old. A family who lived near me had adopted her from the city pound and then realized one of their kids was allergic to her. Not wanting to make the hour-long drive to return her, they asked if I wanted her. When I got her, she was VERY sick with a URI. I took her to the vet and got her on meds and she spent her first two weeks with me sleeping on a heating pad and licking at turkey-flavored baby food. Now she is an outrageously gorgeous eight-year-old kitty with a fluffy feather duster of a tail. Her shelter name was Claire. The other family had called her Skittles. I named her Eowyn because I love Lord of the Rings. Also, at the time, I was fostering a large black dog and the first time she met the dog, she attacked him (as much as a sniffling, 1.5 pound kitten can attack anything). She was so ferocious that I named her after the warrior princess in Lord of the Rings who killed the Witch King.

I also have a snake; a four-foot long ball python named Riddle. I got him when a friend of mine moved overseas and couldn't take him with her. I have the distinct feeling he was not "captive-bred" as she was told he was. He refuses to eat anything but live prey. And he will not eat white mice. For a long time, I struggled to find prey he would eat since he had no interest in white mice and every time I found non-white mice, I would get told they were for pets only. Finally, I took a small risk and got him a very small brown rat, a little bigger than an adult mouse. Ate it right away. Since I got him, he's grown at least a foot and now eats one medium-sized rat every 7-10 days. He surprisingly amiable to being handled and likes to hang out around my forearm while I'm typing. I've also found that he scares the living daylights out of the punk kids that like to smoke weed under my window.

And lastly, I have a pet rat; a black hooded rat named Squeaker. She was supposed to be food for the snake. However, he was on a hunger strike and refused to eat her. This is why I also call her The Rattie Who Lived. By the time he was eating again, she was too big for him to handle, so she became a pet. She's a sweet little rat and likes to be petted. Doesn't like being picked up very much since she always squeaks in alarm when I do it, but she's never bitten or scratched me. She pretty old for a rat now, almost three and she has one of those mammary tumors that rats are so prone to. I took her to the vet, but he said that at her age, surgery would be more stress than its worth for her. So I'm keeping her comfy and feeding her ginger and soy to help keep the tumor's size under control. Oddly enough, she and Eowyn get along. Eowyn will sniff at her and try to groom her. Squeaker will sniff back and try to snuggle into her fur. Eowyn has been known to hunt rodents, but I think Squeaker is just too BIG to be seen as prey. :)

And those are my pets!

Rose
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

StarryNight

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:50 PM »
I've had many a fish - still have one albino Corey cat fish, a little chihuahua/maltese mix named Mimi who lives with my dad ( I miss her :<) and I had a rat named Artemis (once she died I couldn't even think about getting anymore, she was my heart rat and honestly I couldn't deal with their short life spans as well as I thought I could.) I had a turtle, but it was a baby and didn't live long. I am seriously considering getting a cat though since I've always wanted one.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2012, 07:55:40 AM »
I have a seven year old Westie named Barney. Until early this year I I'd have a leopard gecko named Iggy. We've had tonnes of pets over the years mostly small animals Barney is the first dog my family had owned.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal