collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Payment issue on eBay  (Read 679 times)

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
Payment issue on eBay
« on: October 08, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »
I won an auction on ebay overnight Sunday and sent payment when I woke up Sunday morning. I happened to log into paypal this morning and I see that the payment is unclaimed, I checked out through ebay itself so payment was sent to whatever paypal address was on file for the seller. I've never had this happen before, when I logged into eBay itself it said payment was processing so I'm not entirely sure what is going on. I sent an email to the seller asking them to confirm their paypal address and explained about the unclaimed payment but this entire situation just seems strange to me.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Payment issue on eBay
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
There could be several reasons it is showing "unclaimed". 

It could be the email address that it was sent to isn't linked to their Paypal account.

They could have made a mistake when they entered in their address when they listed the item.

Or it could be that if you used a credit card linked to your account and they are not a Premier or Business account they can not accept the payment.

Just throwing a few things out there that it could be.  But your best bet was to contact them as you have already.  They will be able to look into further.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
I have had this happen but it was never resolved and I never received the pony. :( I did get my money back, though.

I called Paypal and they told me that perhaps they had moved/changed bank accounts/made a typo somewhere in their account information which caused the account to become "unregistered" and therefore unable to receive payments or even know that a payment has been made. They cannot file a claim against you on eBay or Paypal for them having the account unable to accept payments, so don't worry about that part. But if the seller is willing to try to fix the problem, I would ask them to call Paypal and see what is up with their account.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
That is odd and concerning-  I would have guessed a type-o- but how established is this seller?

Another reason could be that their paypal account was closed- or maybe they changed the emails linked to it- which would be somewhat unusual but not unheard of. 

I hope you hear back from the seller...  I have to assume it was a mistake since obviously the seller wants to get paid...

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:51:01 AM »
There could be several reasons it is showing "unclaimed". 

It could be the email address that it was sent to isn't linked to their Paypal account.

They could have made a mistake when they entered in their address when they listed the item.

Or it could be that if you used a credit card linked to your account and they are not a Premier or Business account they can not accept the payment.

another reason could be that the payment was made in a different currency - say for example you paid her in USD, and she lives in the UK so her her usual currency is   GBP . For her to get the payment she has to actually click to accept the payment - she will get an email about this from Paypal if thats the case   ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »
Just a little update, I contacted the seller and they responded. I have no idea what caused the issue but they had to manually accept payment (I paid by paypal by instant transfer from my checking account). Item was listed on normal eBay but the seller is from Germany so perhaps it was an issue with currency conversion? 

Something also kind of interesting, when I went to check and make sure the transaction had finally cleared through paypal (it did) there was an option I had never seen before, "confirm receipt". 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 03:35:33 AM »
I'm going to say it could be that the seller has low feedback, and their funds are not released until you say yes, the item has been received. Thus it saying "confirm receipt" so do not check that box until you have received your item.  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 08:25:13 AM »
Usually when this happens to me it's because the person sending the payment has an unconfirmed address listed in their Paypal and I think the default setting in Paypal is that you have to either accept or decline payments manually that do not have a confirmed address.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline klein

• Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
@ponylady- Thanks for the advise, it's funny I just recently bought something from someone with literally no feedback on eBay and didn't have any paypal issues with it.

@emery- I have a confirmed address through paypal and ebay, I've bought 100s of things through paypal over the years and never seen this before. I'm hoping/assuming it is some mix of new seller with low feedback/ international

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
the exact same thing happened to me.

it turned out the seller had a typo in the paypal email address she had registered with ebay. i asked the seller to message me with her paypal email so i could double check it with the paypal address i had sent payment too, it was them i spotted her typo.

it all got resoved in the end, as i paypaled the seller directly and she clicked "payment recieved"in her ebay.

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »
I've had paypal payments still marked 'unclaimed' even after I received the item paid for! XD Buying and Selling on Ebay and with Paypal an be so weird sometimes!

Good to hear that your seller responded! Hope you get your pony soon!!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal