collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Walmart Scavenger Hunt  (Read 9428 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Walmart Scavenger Hunt
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
Wow, it's even WORSE than I expected. I thought they'd give out erasers, play makeup... You know, party favors. I KNEW that Caterine had nothing to do with this -- if she did, lots of parents would complain if they weren't near one of the participating Wal-Marts. But I didn't think it would be THIS bad. LOL.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
This is all the "swag" that was in my bag today. The card with Abbey on it is roughly the size of a business card. What was the worst is that we were told that the bag was for trick or treating on Halloween. The bag isn't much bigger than the average Ziploc sandwich sized baggie. As for the tattoo, I had to have it pretty much next to my eye to see what was on it.

I didn't expect dolls. I DID kind of expect maybe candy, pencils, party favor type things. This was just a slap in the face. My niece was so disappointed.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »
What a huge downer:(.  I'm not surprised though, way to go Walmarts.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2012, 06:34:59 PM »
Maybe the Wal-mart stores were supposed to add things themselves?  Like Mattel supplied the paperwork, and Wal-mart should have stuck a handful of candy and some dollar store party favors in there?  Maybe the store personal dropped the ball?

I know where I work, my company (who shall not be named) always wants us to do stuff for the community, and promote awareness for different illnesses, and collect money for the hungry, and on and on and on.  But they never give us the man hours to set up for things like that.  Plus they expect us to do alot of this on our own time (not get paid.)  It's hard to find nice, caring, volunteers for jobs like this.

Maybe somewhere out there, there was a store with amazing employees who did an awesome job setting up and taking care of the kiddies?

I'm sorry your niece was let down:(  If THIS was their idea of participating, then they probably just shouldn't have.......
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline BlueChaos

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »
I talked to the manager at WM today. He had no idea Mattel had anything planned. He was surprised when the woman from Mattel showed up.

Maybe somewhere out there, there was a store with amazing employees who did an awesome job setting up and taking care of the kiddies?

I hope so. That was the lamest thing. My niece is 10, and she was disappointed, I would hate to see an even younger child's reaction.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
You know what's bothering me the most? The fact that Abbey and Operetta are on the poster card thing, but Cleo and Ghoulia aren't. Don't get me wrong, Operetta is my absolute fav ghoul, but it would've been nicer to see all of the "core" characters together. This whole thing seems like a big bummer.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »
Ours told me today that they had one of those 'free sample reps' with 'some kind of monster stuff' hand out baggies on the 18th from noon to three pm. Then she left. No one knew any more than that. Pretty pathetic, Mal-Wart !

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2012, 12:13:36 AM »
Pretty pathetic, Mal-Wart !
Sounds more like the problem lies with Mattel. They obviously didn't communicate with Walmart.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2012, 12:19:46 AM »
Wow really?! That tiny little bag is supposed to be for trick or treating?! *Dies from laughter* When I went to Walmart (not for the scavanger hunt), I actually saw that they had MH Trick or Treat bags, and they were WAY Bigger than that tiny lunchables bag! XD

Was that really all they gave? a pamphlet, tiny stickers and a tiny tattoo??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline BlueChaos

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »
There were no stickers, just two cards and a tattoo.

Like Pukunui said, the issue lies with Mattel not WM. Mattel will be getting a scathing phone call from me tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:51:08 AM by bluechaos »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
Personally, I bet Target would've been a better place to do it. With their Dollar Section stuff, I'm sure that bag would've been filled with MH Dollar goodies.

But yeah, wow, that whole "Scavenger hunt" turned out to be a big pointless flop of a lost cause. >,>;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2012, 08:54:49 AM »
my walmart at least gave us a couple pieces of candy, but it was sad all the same. :huh: made worse by the fact that i didnt even have to go looking for the answers for my daughter.... i knew them all.... :blink:

Offline BlueChaos

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »
I called Mattel, ready to rip someones head off, and they said it was indeed a Wal Mart thing. This is the email I just sent to WM

"I recently went to an event for Monster High dolls at your store. You had advertised a scavenger hunt and a goody bag for kids. This was real slap in the face for little kids coming to hopefully do something fun. All they got was a card with some super easy word riddles, a business card with a website on it, a bag the size of a sandwich sized baggie that she was to go trick or treating with, and the worlds tiniest temporary tattoo. I got my niece's hopes up for nothing, she was so disappointed. This was incredibly lame. I live in the country, and not all of the kids here have internet access to get to see the cartoon you advertised, which by the way, was the same cartoon shown on YouTube a year ago. This whole thing was sick, sad and pathetic. I saw little kids walking away crying. You really aught to be ashamed of this."

If any of you people went to this, you should email WM to let them know this crap isn't acceptable.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »
I was at work the other day and saw the stand with those items on it and looked at them and walked away. I ran into the toy manager later and asked about it and she said "Oh yea some girl came in, left 2 hours later. I don't even know what she could have accomplished in 2 hours." I said something about how I don't know how someone could get paid for standing there for 2 hours and do nothing. Then I asked what she was going to do with the MH signage they had up on a end cap. She said she was gonna toss it, I asked her if I could have it and she was like sure. YAY, hopefully she remembers and I get to take it all home. I am sorry the hunt was a lame excuse for promoting the line, I would really have expected more since they are so popular.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
I called Mattel, ready to rip someones head off, and they said it was indeed a Wal Mart thing. This is the email I just sent to WM

"I recently went to an event for Monster High dolls at your store. You had advertised a scavenger hunt and a goody bag for kids. This was real slap in the face for little kids coming to hopefully do something fun. All they got was a card with some super easy word riddles, a business card with a website on it, a bag the size of a sandwich sized baggie that she was to go trick or treating with, and the worlds tiniest temporary tattoo. I got my niece's hopes up for nothing, she was so disappointed. This was incredibly lame. I live in the country, and not all of the kids here have internet access to get to see the cartoon you advertised, which by the way, was the same cartoon shown on YouTube a year ago. This whole thing was sick, sad and pathetic. I saw little kids walking away crying. You really aught to be ashamed of this."

If any of you people went to this, you should email WM to let them know this crap isn't acceptable.

Damn, I don't even work at walmart and just reading that made me feel ashamed of hosting a crap of an event. :P
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal