collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Updating: finito! - in Just letting you know...  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Updating: finito! - in Just letting you know...
« on: October 05, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »
I'm not sure if Off Topic or What's Your Problem is better for this, but here goes anyway.

You may have seen my update on the trade board.  My son, who's 9, tripped over a classmate in gym class today and snapped his two front (grown-up) teeth. >_<  He also split his lip and needed stitches, so they have to heal before his dentist can do much about the broken teeth.  He was a total trooper; I'm the nervous wreck at the moment (especially since I'm a total dentist-o-phobic :shocked:).

Just to show you how cool my boy is about what happened, he's looking forward to having a snaggletoothed grin as a Viking for Hallowe'en.  Talk about finding a silver lining!

Anyway, I'm having to put sales, trades and stuff on the back burner for a little while.  I'm going to try my very best to honour those sales and trades that are immediate (like pending sending, or partner might have sent), but any that are still in negotiations will maybe have to wait a bit, if that's okay.  If you have stuff that I've put on hold for you, please rest assured I'm keeping it on hold for you; I will just have to hold it for longer than originally anticipated.

I've tried to comb through my message box for whom I'm involved in trades or sales with, and I've messaged those whom I think will be affected by this temporary hold, but if I missed you, please just pm me and let me know.  Also, if I owe you feedback for something, please pm me and let me know.  I get all flaky scatterbrained when I'm upset or worried.

Thank you all for understanding.  You ponies are the greatest! :grouphug:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:10:45 PM by Sugar.Lightning »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Just letting you know...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 03:21:33 AM »
Thanks for letting peeps know what is going on!  :)

Sorry I had to laugh about the snaggle tooth for Halloween.  Kids  :P  they do always find a brighter side to everything.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 03:52:15 AM »
Thanks for posting here and letting us know :)
 Aww your poor son! sounds like he's looking on the positve side though and  I hope all goes well with the eventual dentist trip   :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:20:25 AM »
I don't have any pending sales/trades with you, but I saw this and had to chuckle a bit.  Your son is the coolest.  My oldest boy used to have "Goofy" teeth and instead of being embarrassed, he was proud to be a look-alike.  Hope your son has fun dressing up as a Viking -- I'm from Minnesota so I'm all about the Vikes. ;)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »
Sorry to hear the news but something similiar happened to me when I was 10. I chipped a "rainbow" shape out of my top 2 teeth that were permanent and the dentist just had to fill them in. I did loose the sensation in them though (nerves died because it happened on a Friday and didn't get into the dentist until a Monday) but a plus side to that is I can bite right into icecream and it doesn't have any effect on my teeth :)
I've got them knocked out about 5 times since then and just have to get them refilled.

Goodluck with everything!!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »
Aw, Sugar, your poor son, and you! (I hate anything teeth-related too!  :blink:) I hope everything will heal up well and your stress levels will be able to go down soon.  ^.^ Pony hugs :hug:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 06:20:21 AM »
Thank you, everypony, for understanding and for being so supportive! :hug:

My son's doing really well; since it was a long weekend and the clinic was closed until today, his doctor gave him a scrip for antibiotics, so no infection has set in to his injured lip and mouth, and he has no pain from the teeth themselves, except when he eats (though I don't know if that's good or bad).  We're definitely looking at least at a November filled with dental appointments. :razz:  When all is said and done, he'll have the prettiest smile in the fourth grade, or so his dentist assured him.  And then the trading and selling can recommence!

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 06:23:51 AM »
Thank you, everypony, for understanding and for being so supportive! :hug:

My son's doing really well; since it was a long weekend and the clinic was closed until today, his doctor gave him a scrip for antibiotics, so no infection has set in to his injured lip and mouth, and he has no pain from the teeth themselves, except when he eats (though I don't know if that's good or bad).  We're definitely looking at least at a November filled with dental appointments. :razz:  When all is said and done, he'll have the prettiest smile in the fourth grade, or so his dentist assured him.  And then the trading and selling can recommence!

It's a pain in the tooth now, but when he's grown-up and has shiny, sparkly American "ping!" teeth (that's what they're called over here, lol), he'll be grateful for all those appointments with the dentist.  Though, from what you've already said about your son, he probably already has a positive outlook. :)

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
Ping teeth?  I like it!

I just wanted to say thank you to everypony who posted here or pm'ed me. :hug:  Your kind words and hugs really helped me get through this more gracefully than I would've otherwise.  As it was, I was kind of in space cadet mode since last Friday; thank heavens they're fond of me at work, or I think I might've risked being canned.

Anyway, we finally got a photo taken of the snaggletoothed wonder.  I think I'll put it in spoiler mode, so if you don't like pictures of gnarly teeth, you may pass. :angel:  If he wasn't mine, I know I would.

Spoiler

That little pink line on the really badly broken one by the stitches is tooth pulp, I believe.  He tells me it doesn't hurt... but man, it hurts me just to look at it.

Anyway, thanks again, and I'll keep you all posted as to how things progress, and I'll hopefully be back up and trading/selling/etc. soon.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »
Awww... what a cute li'l snaggletooth.  ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Updating: progress - in Just letting you know...
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »
Once again, thanks to everypony for your kindnesses and understanding as my son and I go through the steps necessary to making his smile a pretty one again.  We had his preliminary dentist's appointment on Friday, and here's how it went.

The dentist was pleased to report that the gash in my son's mouth and lip has healed rather nicely, doesn't appear to be any sort of scarring on his lip.  The tooth that's most badly broken has not had its root die, which is good, so it'll be a matter of a dental reconstruction - something along the order of a cap, though not permanent as his mouth and teeth are still growing and finding their adult shape.  It'll be made of the sort of white polymer stuff that tooth fillings are made of, and he said that he's seen them last for years (but that if it should break off, to just come back and he'll put a new one on. :blink:)  The other is in pretty good shape, in spite of the large chunk missing out, so it'll be just rebuilt up as well, with the same sort of semi-temporary stuff 'till he's full-grown.  Unfortunately, given the timing of the thing, the earliest we can get in to have the work done will be on November 14th, so I'm still going to be putting my pony trades/sales on the back burner for the time being.  (And there's been no mention of what this work is going to cost yet either, which concerns me somewhat as my family's maxim was always, "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.")  But I'll keep everypony posted with updates, and hope to be back in the loop maybe by the end of November?

Thanks again.  And if anypony knows of a way to keep my pulse rate normal when waiting in a dentist's waiting room, pm me please.  (Only half kidding. ;))

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Updating: progress - in Just letting you know...
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »
That's good to hear that it can be fixed and his lip and mouth healed up nicely.

Thanks again.  And if anypony knows of a way to keep my pulse rate normal when waiting in a dentist's waiting room, pm me please.  (Only half kidding. )
Ummm..wish I could help you there but the dentist office gives me severe anxiety attacks. No Kidding!  :lol:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Updating: finito! - in Just letting you know...
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »
Okay!

So my son and I just got back from the dentist's today, and he's all patched up!  The dentist put in two replacement pieces for the missing parts of tooth, all buffed and sculpted to look like a good set of incisors, and a pretty darned close match for what once was.  My son was a total trooper, he was so brave all the way through, and now he has a gorgeous smile to show for it.

Spoiler

I "spoilered" it because it's dental stuff, and I know my own reaction to that neck of the medical profession, so suffice it to say he's got loverly teeth again. ^.^

I've sent pm's to those Arena members with whom I'd had trades/sales pending, and if I've missed you, please pm me and let me know.  And thank you, everypony, for all your kind messages and words of encouragement. :hug:  I doubt I'd have gotten through this as well as I did without all of your support.  Thank you. :biggrin:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »
Your son is so cool.  ^.^

Thanks for the update!

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 05:23:06 PM »
They look Great! So glad it's all taken care of...less stress for the Holidays :)

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal