collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jem is being released as a limited edition collectors doll  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Jem is being released as a limited edition collectors doll
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 12:12:20 PM »
Those are amazing!!

xXCosmicBurstXx

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
I love the new Jem dolls. I won't be getting any of them, but I can't wait to see others pictures of them. >.<

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
Cool dolls =)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:42 PM »
they look awesome!  I have the hollywood one, but regular is so much nicer.

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »
I wish the price wasn't so, well, outrageous. Even if I could afford them, I'd feel too worried about damaging them to ever really play with them.

I wonder why they decided to go the expensive collector route instead of the revival of the eighties route... If they had less sewn details (like the shoes) and stuff and were priced at say, $50, I might get The Misfits...

Excited they exist, bummed I can't afford them.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »
I wish the price wasn't so, well, outrageous.
Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 07:53:11 AM »
While I would like them to be more affordable, I wish they were a bit more common/spaced out a bit more.  I've emailed so many people on that list asking to buy them, and most are already sold out of Jem.  And on top of that, at $480 for the four of them, couldn't you have released one a month or something?

So if they are releasing 4 at a time, what do you think the batches will be like?  Next the hollograms, then misfits?  Then maybe Dance, Video, Clash and Eric, and then hopefully the Stingers?

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
While I would like them to be more affordable, I wish they were a bit more common/spaced out a bit more.  I've emailed so many people on that list asking to buy them, and most are already sold out of Jem.  And on top of that, at $480 for the four of them, couldn't you have released one a month or something?

So if they are releasing 4 at a time, what do you think the batches will be like?  Next the hollograms, then misfits?  Then maybe Dance, Video, Clash and Eric, and then hopefully the Stingers?

I think those groups seem very likely. I am really interested to see what they do with the Misfits. :cheer:

I called a shop & got a pre-order within the first hour that they were announced online. I haven't been spending money on anything for the last few months, but I made an exception for these & pulled out the credit card. I am so disappointed to have missed out on Hollywood Jem, and I expect that once these are sold out the only way to get them would be to pay inflated ebay prices after the fact. $119 a piece may seem high now, but when they are selling for $400+ on ebay in a few months, $119 won't seem so bad. :drunk:

I can kinda understand why they went the collectible route instead of "available at every Walmart, Target, TRU". While Jem does have a large collector following, I don't think it's popular enough with the masses to sell in regular retail stores. I imagine Classic Jem may sell well at Walmart & others, but I'm sure the shelves would be crowded with Rio & other less recognizable characters that would eventually be clearanced out at $4.99. When Hasbro put out the 25th Anniversary sets of Collectors pose & Rainbow ponies, they were sold in regular retailers, but the quality was not so great compared to original g1's. KB Toy stores had piles of them on clearance for months. I'm glad to see that Jem got a top quality reissue, even if it meant a higher price.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »
Argh!  I finally found someone who still had Rio left, and I said I would take him.  She said I needed a deposit, and I was like, sure, how would you like me to pay it.  No reply, so the next day I sent the question again.  And today I get a reply saying she sold it to another person with my first name!  WHAT THE...??? 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »
I absolutely LOVE these dolls- I am also terribly bitter about missing out on the SDCC doll- and there is no way I will pay the $400 price she is commanding on ebay at present :(   The price is high but actually within reason given the level of detail involved- I am thrilled they went with a collector re-release instead of a cheap version that would just sadden and enrage me0

Seems like most places have Jerrica and Synergy- no one has the set of four anymore :*(  It is shocking how fast the pre-orders sold out!

After MUCH searching I finally found a Rio in stock! Thank god the site limited purchases to one per customer- they are awesome for blocking the ebay re-sellers like that - WHOOOO!  (If anyone is interested - the vendor in question is the "Doll Peddlar")  I have worked with them before and they are fantastic.  http://www.dollpeddlar.com

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »
Seems like most places have Jerrica and Synergy- no one has the set of four anymore :*(  It is shocking how fast the pre-orders sold out!

After MUCH searching I finally found a Rio in stock! Thank god the site limited purchases to one per customer- they are awesome for blocking the ebay re-sellers like that - WHOOOO!  (If anyone is interested - the vendor in question is the "Doll Peddlar")  I have worked with them before and they are fantastic.  http://www.dollpeddlar.com

Thank you so much for that link, Galactica.  I swear I went through every seller on that list and everyone had sold out of him.  I had found a few with Jem still, a few more with Jerrica and Synergy (I personally think Synergy is the nicest of the lot, so how did that happen?) but no one had Rio.  I don't know how I missed this shop.  I now have all 4 pre-ordered, and am totally broke.  I hope it's a while before they released the next 4.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:12 AM »
No problem-  I think they still have stock because they are limiting dolls to one per customer (they are AWESOME for doing that)

If anyone can find Jem- please let me know as I have had no luck finding one on any of the Integrity sites listed in the US/Canada or Europe- and can't figure out how to order the one from Korea :P  Nevermind! Finally found one after calling around like a huge pest :D

I just checked ebay again for completed auctions on the SDCC Jem- and her price is definitely going steadily down.  It infuriates me that so many bought this doll just to re-sell it -  but I am sure that some auctions may also be people who bought on an impulse and changed their mind, or realized how much they could potentially get for her.   Whatever the reason- I hope the price continues to go down so I can afford one.

I have to think that more of the Integrity Jem dolls will be made available after the pre-orders- due to the popularity thus far.   I also wonder how many will pre-order and then back out once the dolls are in stock?  I hope a few...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:36:08 AM by Galactica »

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
I actually am selling mine.  I didn't buy her to do  that, but when I got her, I saw how much she was selling for and I just felt incredibly guilty.  I wanted her at $125, but at $350-$400,  I was just couldn't justify holding onto her for that.  Especially as I actually only want one, and the current version is the one I wanted more.  So yeah... it wasn't an easy decision to make, but it certainly wasn't my intention when I bought her.

Now this company still has Jem: www.dreamdollsgallery.com but will only sell her with Synergy. And yesterday this one http://www.ideasetctoysetc.com had Jem available, but that may have changed, they are going so fast.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »
I actually am selling mine.  I didn't buy her to do  that, but when I got her, I saw how much she was selling for and I just felt incredibly guilty.  I wanted her at $125, but at $350-$400,  I was just couldn't justify holding onto her for that.  Especially as I actually only want one, and the current version is the one I wanted more.  So yeah... it wasn't an easy decision to make, but it certainly wasn't my intention when I bought her.

Now this company still has Jem: www.dreamdollsgallery.com but will only sell her with Synergy. And yesterday this one http://www.ideasetctoysetc.com had Jem available, but that may have changed, they are going so fast.

I can totally understand that (selling when her price went up to $350 or so).  The only people that irritate me are the ones that bought up as many as they could at the SDCC and hasbrotoyshop for the express purpose of re-selling them on ebay for a hefty profit.  Everyone is entitled to make a living- but it stinks that such activity made it so hard for actual collectors to get the doll.  The original purchase price was high enough :P

I did finally find a Jem doll through PattandBilly - YAY! 

I bet in another couple of days all of the preorders for all of the dolls will be completely sold out.  I was thinking that more dolls would be made if the pre-orders sell out- but after reading all of the marketing literature out there, I no longer think that is the case.  They are making a big deal of saying that only 800-something Rios will be made worldwide, and 1000 Classic Jem dolls-  considering the worldwide market, I suspect these dolls will be sold out quickly.

On the other hand, maybe that means the Misfits will be released in greater quantities!  I can't wait to see what the Integrity designers come up with :D

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 11:49:09 AM »
My Jem, Jerrica and Synergy arrived today.  Still waiting on Rio, and I haven't actually been charged for him yet, which worries me a little.  But I guess we'll see.

I only briefly looked over Jerrica.  And she is beautiful.  There is so much packaging and stuff to do to set them up, and I am a little busy for that right now, but you can bet when I have a chance you'll be forced to endure my crappy photos.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal