collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro Goes Greener in 2012!  (Read 1249 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hasbro Goes Greener in 2012!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 02:23:04 PM »
Yay Hasbro!!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
I believe their "green" argument is focusing on the packaging rather than any other production element - its a step in the right direction...lots of little steps gets us there just as fast as a few big steps :)

Does it influence my purchasing decision - not in something as brand loyal as MLP there is no like-for-like product - in other products where there are more choice then yes it influences me.

They announced this a year or so ago and the new playful ponies we have seen on the bubbles are indeed a representation of this greener [otherwise known as reduced] packaging!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
any step to greener production is a good one.  Will it make me buy more, no.  I buy ponies.  If they got worse, I probably would buy less that's for sure.  I try and buy mostly second hand as it is.  I think lots more needs to be done though, and not just on the environmental side, but also the humanitarian side.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
I love to hear this! I think its very important that companies try to be as environmentally friendly whenever possible. As for whether or not a company does this affects if I will purchase a product? It depends on the product. In the case of ponies? Of course ill buy them but I'm more happy to support them!
~Foxtale~

Offline medleysong

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »
Hopefully this means less packaging for ponies! I always have such a hard time getting them out of the blister packs  :lol:
It absolutely means that. There are images floating around somewhere of the new packaging, which consists of a mere plastic shell glued to a card :D

So, they are going back to 1980's packaging then? :) Cardboard backing with bubble shell glued to card? Or were you kidding? At any rate, it does make me happy to know they are trying to be responsible!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
Depends on if they are just buying carbon credits or really working on it.  Reduced packing is a step in the right direction, but since many other countries do not have as strict guidelines still producing there toys over seas does not offset that.  But like Hathrocat said when it is an item where there is not another manufacturer of that item it can make it hard.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 09:44:31 PM »
This greatly pleases me. I've always been an advocate for the environment, luckily toy collecting gets to be apart of that, recycling otherwise worthless items over decades. Lately I've been refraining from purchasing too many new Hasbro products (MLP's is just about the only thing "new" I buy nowadays) because of the excessive use of resource in packing just a single pony. However, part of the reason I've been a lifelong fan is that Hasbro reuses many of it's accessories instead of just melting and remolding. I've only been collecting the BB's/TRU's and soon as they implement the new packaging (sounds like they are going G1 style bubble on a card? neat! back art!) I look forward to buying the larger ponies again!

Sorry for the long post but a great huzzah to Hasbro and feel deeply that decisions like these are what consumers should be well informed of so we can all take part in making choices that better the world :>

Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »
I don't mind their packaging so long as I can recycle about 90% of it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 10:36:18 PM »
Thats great!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
Hopefully this means less packaging for ponies! I always have such a hard time getting them out of the blister packs  :lol:
It absolutely means that. There are images floating around somewhere of the new packaging, which consists of a mere plastic shell glued to a card :D

So, they are going back to 1980's packaging then? :) Cardboard backing with bubble shell glued to card? Or were you kidding? At any rate, it does make me happy to know they are trying to be responsible!

Yes thats exactly what they are doing for single ponies - backcard and a bubble!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal