collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I buy doubles of the new g4 brushables?  (Read 939 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Should I buy doubles of the new g4 brushables?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »
I know that we haven't seen anything besides the Mane 6 in Canada but I do agree with tulagirl and hathorcat.  While G1 is vintage and collectible because they were just "toys" and people didn't collect them typically, G3 had a large collectors' following and so does G4.  They are not going to appreciate in value for at least 10 years, when they become a "curiosity" of "look what MLP were like in G4".  By then who knows where we will be.  Maybe our G1s won't have any value either after the price of living skyrockets and hardly anyone can afford non-essentials.  :D

I wouldn't run out to get them unless you are actively going to look through Wanted posts and Wishlists from various people and offer to trade with them. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

CrimsonEtClover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
Well.... I did it. I just happened to be at the store again had a little extra $ and got a double of Lyra and Sunny (I tried to want Cherry again, but nope, still didn't need her - I actually needed two ponies that I totally DON'T need more than I needed her!)

At 5$ I won't take it as a loss if I can never trade them off, just cause they are very pretty I truly like them, so maybe I'll make a custom out of them someday if I can't get a trade!

I appreciate everyone weighing in! Thanks!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
i have yet to see trixie or lyra  here.  my store jsut has  the mane 6. but my mom did manage to spot sunny  rays  and picked her up for me. 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 05:11:58 AM »
I've noticed that it seems like G4s are getting more 'rare' than G3s did. Like FS Rarity and Applejack, Lily Blossom, etc. I never would have dreamed they would go for the prices I currently seem them for sale at. So it makes me wonder if I should invest in some duplicates.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 06:18:29 AM »
I think with buying doubles of G4s it really depends on the pony. Lyra and Trixie are both popular ponies it may be worth it in the future, especially if they hard to find in other states/countries. But ponies like the main six are probably not worth buying doubles of since they are released and rereleased all the time. If you want to and have the extra storage space and money it shouldn't be an issue.
I try to keep a general rule with buying double or extras; if there is only two buy one and leave the other toy for another collector or kid (especially with the holiday season coming up shortly). If the store doesn't have a lot you can always come back another day to see if there is more.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 06:57:10 AM »
I've noticed that it seems like G4s are getting more 'rare' than G3s did. Like FS Rarity and Applejack, Lily Blossom, etc. I never would have dreamed they would go for the prices I currently seem them for sale at. So it makes me wonder if I should invest in some duplicates.

I think its because more people are buying personally. There are a lot of additional fans and collectors about now picking up these items than there were at the start of G3. Maybe thats what is making them harder to find and a little more expensive?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 07:02:17 AM »

is really weird why we don't have more of them ,I did have to pay lots for all 3 of them ,kinda crazy but I'm afraid I would not find them again or if I do they will go for lots more.
someone was selling all the FS mane 6 on ebay for 1000 !!!!
I do not know if they got sold or not though.
Even the basic mane 6 a listing on ebay that i watched sold for almost 70 ,when they are still available ,unless someone from a country where they don't have them really wanted them.
that would make sense,otherwise it was just plain silly lol
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal