collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What should I do? (All solved, thank you ^^ )  (Read 485 times)

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
What should I do? (All solved, thank you ^^ )
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »
I'm feeling like I'm a really troublesome person as this is my second post here within only a few weeks.

But I believe I need a piece of advice on this.

So, a long while ago I sent 3 of those Brasilian G4s from McDonalds to a collegue in the US. Maybe I shouldn't had sent it before get the payment but I did.
I never got the payment but the person kept in touch. I was a little unconfortable to keep asking for payment so I proposed a trade. The person would get me Blossom Forth G4  + money difference.

Again, Blossomforth was never sent and I didn't got the payment. So the person offered to get me the Wedding Castle and the favourite collection. And I wanted it so bad that I promptly agreed and sent payment. I sent this payment on August 25th.

Well, ponies were never shipped (or at least not yet, not that I'm aware of). I contact the person (we talk at MSN once in a while actually), we agreed that my package would be send last friday, no late than monday (09/24). But it didn't arrived yet (neighbor states, and right now I'm in USA only waiting for this package to arrive before I can go home) -_-

Right now my nearby Walmart have the Castle for 29.00, and I just missed a "buy one get one free" from Toys R to get the Favourite set. And all the wait is making me a little sad.

What should I do? I'm seriously considering to dispute it over paypal (yet, I'm going to get the payment for Castle+Favourite Collection back, but not the payment for the McPonies), is it too rude? If I wait too long I won't be able to do nothing, and I'm sitting here right besides all the stuff I have being seeking for months now, I don't want to get doubles of everything, I also didn't wanted to put pressure on a fellow collector but it's a lot of money (at least for me) and I have waited months already (also, I have to go back home and I don't want to pay insane shipping from US to Brasil if I can just grab these toys here and take it south with me for free).

Suggestions? Please?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:52:55 PM by GustyFox »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What should I do? (again)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
I don't know what others would do but would write the mcDs ponies off as a tough learning curve (don't send ponies until you get money) as you clearly are not going to get your money for them. I would get the money you paid on paypal back (dispute the case) and then buy the ponies you want before you go back to brasil
No one will think bad of you cause the person you are dealing with sound like they 'are you friend' but scamming you at the same time

Also I don't know postage costs in brasil but I am going there in November so if you need some international ponies that you cant buy before you go back just let me know cause I can bring some over and send them to you there to decrease postage costs : )

Offline GustyFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »
nhal039, that's a super sweet and kind offer. Thank you so much :)

I hope to get all this solved before I travel but if not I'm sure going to drop you a msg. Thanks again ^_^

I'm not sure I'm being scammed but it sure was a long time not to post something (more than one month since I did the payment and several months since the person got the McPonies).

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »
I have to agree.. the Mc Donalds ponies seem like a lost cause.. but you should dispute the paypal claim within the 45 day limit that you have.

Just send the person a note saying that you expected your package to be here by now, and since it isn't, then you are going to file the dispute and go home. Is there someone there who can recieve and hold on to the package for you? Or ship it on to you?

I would tell the person that they need to provide proof of shipping. But if the ponies do arrive, I would happily return the money to them.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:20:01 PM »
I have to agree that the paypal case for getting your money back for the sets is the best thing to do.  I am sorry but what do you call it when someone waits a month and still never sends money or items?  It certainly isn't a responsible action thats for sure.   If they decide to send you stuff then I agree you can repay them after you receive it.

Oh and I am so sorry you are going through this.  Hugs
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:26:20 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
nhal039, that's a super sweet and kind offer. Thank you so much :)

I hope to get all this solved before I travel but if not I'm sure going to drop you a msg. Thanks again ^_^

I'm not sure I'm being scammed but it sure was a long time not to post something (more than one month since I did the payment and several months since the person got the McPonies).

Your welcome just remember I live in NZ so we don't have the us exclusives but we have all the other stuff and few internationals that the us don't have. I leave to brasil on the 11th nov so just let me know a week or so before then if you need anything : )

Offline GustyFox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
Well, I email the person and wrote about it all. He told me he keeps forgetting to ship stuff >.o

Gladly he agreed to refund without paypal intervention.

Thank you everyone, I was in need of some encouragement I think =o.o=

Got the money back, let's see if I can still get these ponies in my area here before I go back to Brasil :) (I saw then 2 days ago but... never know)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What should I do? (All solved, thank you ^^ )
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 04:06:52 AM »
I am glad to here this was resolved as quickly as it was posted.   :cuke: (Sorry I love that little pickle)

Good Luck on getting the ponies you want before you go back home!  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: What should I do? (All solved, thank you ^^ )
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
I'm  really happy to hear that its all resolved now :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal