collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For all NFL fans that want the Official Refs back!  (Read 263 times)

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
For all NFL fans that want the Official Refs back!
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »
Any football fan can surely appreciate this petition no matter what team you cheer for. After Monday night's debacle, it's time to restore our official refs and get rid of these "replacements." It won't be long before players start getting injured due to lack of competence on the replacement officials part. Please sign this petition to get the professional refs back and preserve the safety and fairness of the game.

http://www.change.org/petitions/national-football-league-end-the-referee-lockout-now?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11131&alert_id=WXQbLrxJTV_YavkzbksjF
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:22:21 PM by MidnightFireflies »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: For all NFL fans that want the Official Refs back!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
I don't know much about the lockout, but that touch-derp was truly embarrassing for the NFL.  They'll have to do something.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
I'm sorry, but that blown call at the end of the Pats/Ravens game literally made me yell at the tv!  The Packers game was a joke!! Unreal.  Did you hear the ref that called that a touchdown only officiated jr high games!!  Seriously.

Hear this NFL and Roger Goodell: Settle the dispute NOW!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »
Good luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »
I signed.  While my Broncos haven't been screwed as badly as the Packers (that was hard to watch, there was much yelling and stomping and general raging in my house... mostly my husband), I've seen some poor calls in my own games.  And then the BS that happened on Monday upset me and I don't even really care for the Packers that much.  That was their game.  I have never been to a game before (I performed in two Broncos halftimes and got ran over by Tom Brady at the first one against the Patriots, but have never actually seen any live game play) and this was going to be my season to finally go!  But I refuse to buy tickets until this is sorted.  My husband has taken himself out of his football pools and fantasy leagues because he's so upset.

Honestly, last year's lockout was ridiculous (they make plenty of money already).  If there was ever a time for the players to boycott the franchise, NOW would be that time.

Post Merge: September 26, 2012, 09:17:47 PM

JUST GOT THE UPDATE!!!

"The NFL and its referees union reached a deal Wednesday night to end a three-month lockout and return its officials to the playing field, a spokesman for the league announced.

The agreement ends a chaotic opening three weeks to the NFL season, which saw replacement referees -- recruited from lower-level college divisions -- blow calls, lose control of games, misapply rules, and generally prove that they were in over their heads in the big leagues.

The incompetence led to flare-ups by coaches, who were then hit with huge fines by the league for their misbehavior.

Criticism of the replacements by media, players and coaches reached its peak when the Seattle Seahawks were awarded a game-winning touchdown Monday night on a last-gasp play that appeared to be an obvious interception by the Green Bay Packers.

The NFL insisted the latest round of talks with the NFL Referees Association had been scheduled before the blown call and weren't sparked by the public outcry that followed.

But players, who heard rumors of a possible deal Wednesday, were skeptical. When told about the ramped-up talks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson chuckled.

The rest of the article:  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/story/2012/09/27/nfl-referees-end-lockout-after-reaching-new-labor-deal/57846906/1

Looks like we can go back to enjoying football in my home!  :cheer:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:17:47 PM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:12:21 AM »
Was going to say, just heard on the radio that this was settled :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline MidnightFireflies

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Pony Archer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »
Wooo hoo! Thanks for posting that Zenna!!!!

Every great dream begins with a dreamer, [you]. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and to change the world.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal