collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Should I cut DJ Pon3's and collector set RD's hair? Demo PIC  (Read 852 times)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Should I cut DJ Pon3's and collector set RD's hair? Demo PIC
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
I've got a Favorites Set RD, and I haven't cut her hair, but I'd much prefer a show accurate hairstyle (otherwise it doesn't really look like her). I wanna cut DJ Pon3's hair too. They just don't look right to me with long hair. So, what do you guys think? Are they gonna be worth tons later and I'll hate myself? I'm not really planning on selling them anyway...

I did an experiment on Feather May. She's another whose short hair I was hating. It's turned her from a trader to a keeper.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So, what do you guys think? Esp for Favorites Set RD, who I see as just being a duplicate (I've got original RD with bangs too).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:07:45 PM by hathorcat »

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Should I cut DJ Pon3's and collector set RD's hair? Demo PIC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:53:08 AM »
I wouldn't, They have glitter cutie marks so maybe since only so many were made that will definitely decrease the value :P

Offline FlitterRose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »
I say if you have another RD but with LONG hair,why wouldn't you cut this one's :)
But I kinda agree with LightZipper ;)
Sup

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:58:16 AM »
I personally cut and style all my 4Gs' hair to show accurate. I just like them better that way. Then again I don't collect with plans to sell with lots of money later - if I did, I would keep them in their original boxes. So I vote for hair cuts.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:10:52 AM »
If you're never going to part with them, then they are your ponies to do with as you wish...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

There's my short haired Vinyl (with my Skrillex Pony). If you aren't planning on selling them later, go for it! Maybe save glitter Dashie and buy a regular one to style? Only $5 and widely available, after all.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »
If you won't sell them in the future, I don't see why not ! I personally wouldn't care about the value decrease, even if I ended up selling them later on. I bet they look really cool with a hair cut ! :D

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
Omg, your Feathermay looks so adorable! One thing I really don't like about the G4s is that their hair is so long compared to their small body size, I can't really do anything with it without it getting in the way of the pony. I kind of wish your Feathermay's style was the standard-- it's cute and not in the way and its reminiscent of the G1 ponies with the shorter manes :)

As for your ponies...If you don't like them with long hair, I think you should just go ahead and cut it. There are so many collectors and bronies right now buying these sets and keeping their ponies MIB or in perfect opened condition, I don't think they'll be super scarce and valuable in the future or anything. Kind of like the G3s now.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »
If you're not planning on selling them go for it, but of course if they're potentially more valuable due to markings or whatever than maybe leave them but of course people might be after a more 'show accurate' pony.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »
I wouldn't think of them as a future investment, I tell you what. And if you don't like the result, you can always get another for cheap.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »
I wouldn't think of them as a future investment, I tell you what. And if you don't like the result, you can always get another for cheap.

But with shows that are good (like Sailor Moon) when the factorys stop making the toys and the TV stations not airing the shows people go crazy on toy prices
I bought a North American Sailor Moon locket for $86 (retail price was probably $20 or less)
Personal experience with good TV shows and TV shows

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »
They are not going to be worth fortunes in the future so I think you can do as you wish as they are your ponies and you should enjoy them as you wish :) - the sheer volume of them that are selling in stores and that are in the hands of pony collectors it enough to ensure they wont be incredibly rare. The difference between FiM and some other cartoons that suddenly become super expensive in merch is that G4 is super popular when its live on the television and when the toys are hitting shelves. Anyone who wishes to and can afford to in the next year is probably going to be able to buy this set.

All that being said, if you cut their hair it will devalue them - they only have future value if they are "collectors items" and "collectors items" only hold price if in as original a form as possible. A hair cut may make them more show accurate but for reselling people will probably pay more for original conditions.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
Flutterwonder13, I really like your DJ Pon3's hair! I'll prolly just cut them when I have time then. I certainly don't want a 3rd RD :p

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal