collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lily Blossom: Rare or what?  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Lily Blossom: Rare or what?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
When she was out around where I live she was common. I saw plenty of her in stores and easily got her and Blossomforth with no trouble. Is she really being re-leased with AJ?

Edit: I was mistaken it was Cheerilee not Blossomforth that came out together. But all 3 I had no trouble finding.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:37:03 AM by Lunar Dust »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »
I don't know that she is really HTF, but with the new influx of G4 collectors who missed out on her (maybe they were not collecting when she was on the shelves) she has become fairly sought after. :)

I think this is exactly the reason. She was a wave 2 pony - therefore she was on shelves incredibly early in G4 and so many fans who have only come to collecting after waves like this were already out of production missed out on her.

She is indeed sailing super high in price at the moment - seems to be $35-40 for MIB and $25-30 for her loose and complete. I think, as cloud weaver says, a lot of these prices are falsely inflated and as the years on G4 pass they will simmer back down.

Post Merge: September 21, 2012, 04:41:02 PM

When she was out around where I live she was common. I saw plenty of her in stores and easily got her and Blossomforth with no trouble. Is she really being re-leased with AJ?

She got an international release as a bonus pony in a pack along with luggage playful Apple Jack. This set is quite old - out almost a year ago initially so it doesnt seem to be available much any more.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »

I think this is exactly the reason. She was a wave 2 pony - therefore she was on shelves incredibly early in G4 and so many fans who have only come to collecting after waves like this were already out of production missed out on her.

She is indeed sailing super high in price at the moment - seems to be $35-40 for MIB and $25-30 for her loose and complete. I think, as cloud weaver says, a lot of these prices are falsely inflated and as the years on G4 pass they will simmer back down. 

I missed her because I wasn't actively buying them then ;-; My demand at that price range is a negative, but I know that if I ever saw her again at a lower price range I'd be super happy. To me she's super HTF and I want her XDD

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 01:07:45 AM »
I only ever bought 2 of her, one to keep as herself, then i delayed until it was almost too late to grab one to turn into the 'bubblebutt pony'. Pretty sure i grabbed the last one left in town.
She didnt sell out very quickly, neither did Cherrilee. Actually where i am ponies take a while to sell out, unless they are on sale.
Wishlist | Trade list

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 01:41:08 AM »
Hm, is there really a high demand for her? I have one for trade/sale, but nobody wants her...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 08:07:14 AM »
Hm, is there really a high demand for her? I have one for trade/sale, but nobody wants her...

Wow really? Considering that I always see people on the look out for her thats odd...perhaps ebay is an unfortunate better plan.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »

She got an international release as a bonus pony in a pack along with luggage playful Apple Jack. This set is quite old - out almost a year ago initially so it doesnt seem to be available much any more.

Thanks Hathorcat for clearing up the Lily Blossom and AJ double pack that was released for me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:40:11 AM by Lunar Dust »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »
When she and Cheerilee were released, they were common in my area, too - I actually passed her up originally and only got her in a trade with a member here later.  I think she's lovely and not particularly rare but just popular and a little HTF at the moment.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »

Wow really? Considering that I always see people on the look out for her thats odd...perhaps ebay is an unfortunate better plan.

wow, I got a lot of PMs for her now, sorting out atm :) Looks like she is getting a new home soon *jumps* :D
thanks for all your PMs!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »

wow, I got a lot of PMs for her now, sorting out atm :) Looks like she is getting a new home soon *jumps* :D
thanks for all your PMs!

Awesome! :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 09:10:21 PM »
I only started buying g4 later, when I could get them cheaper... most of mine were $4 (in aus, they go from $7-$10 RRP) and fortunately I snapped up all the singles. I had trouble with (and paid full price for) Lily Blossom, Blossomforth, Lulu Luck and Dewdrop Dazzle. Bf, LL and DD came out early here, and were the first non-mane six, so I guess they were super popular here. Lily Blossom was just really popular, I'd never thought of bait value, but yeah, that makes sense as to why. All of those girls were extremely hard to find here, anyway! I can still find Twinkleshine, Snowcatcher, Feathermay and Honeybuzz in stores that haven't completely reset yet, in fact I saw them today at Northlakes Big W... before I found Cherry Pie and Diamond Rose at Target there! (YAY!!!!)

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Camille

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
Wow. I have two Lily Blossom. Didn't know she would get rare that quick. Oh well one is still MIB.. Eheheh.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 11:05:10 PM »
I wish I got more of her, but I only saw one of her back when she was released least year, I got her in October at Target, Cheerilee was far more common for longer, maybe cause everyone bought Lily to turn into :muffin: Pony. I wish I got two. :c
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
Strange how these things happen. I remember seeing her in stores and having a weird premonition thing where I thought she would be worth something later on. That's why I have three MIB Lily Blossoms in my dresser. ._. can't believe it happened actually, lol.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 02:35:44 PM »
I live in Canada and I NEVER saw her in stores from the get go.  I ordered mine on amazon for 6 dollars about a year ago along with Cheerilee.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal