collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does nobody want G3s?  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Does nobody want G3s?
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 12:14:38 AM »
I like G3s but I wasn't aware of them (for various reasons) for most of the time they were on the shelves so I am just now looking into which ones I want to buy.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »
There is a city-wide yard sale going on  tomorrow. I am thinking about picking up some G3s if I come across them. Seems more people here are looking for them than I thought. I guess my timing in posting them on the trading boards isn't good. Well, we'll see what I find. I am very much so hoping for G1s, though.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
I really love them. I am going to look at all of your sale lists now!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2012, 05:32:14 AM »
I'd love to be getting g3's but I really don't want to have to pay shipping from overseas, unless I bought a bulk box, and I can't really afford that right now. Tis unfortunate, as it's really a buyers market atm, but we're all in the same boat I guess!

I have G3's that I'm willing to give away providing postage is paid, pm me if you're interested. :) sadly the G3's really aren't popular it seems, imtrying to give some away, yet, no luck.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »
I'll take free g3s lol!  Also if you're trying to sell g3s, please include pictures! Sometimes the names are so similiar I get them mixed up.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 07:05:27 AM »
I :heart: G3s after a long time of resisting them. :blush:  But I'm trying (unsuccessfully, but trying anyway!) to keep my collection smallish due to space constraints.

That being said, however, my stable doors are always open to a Dream Drifter... so pretty, love the tie-dye pattern! :heart:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2012, 07:11:48 AM »
I want g3s. I collect g3 and g4 only. I recently had to sell off most of my collection but when I'm rich again, hopefully soon, I'll buy everybody's g3s:)I even love doubles. I'm a bit of a hoarder lol:)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
I love G3s but I think there is one major issue for the reason they dont sell - shipping!!! Common ponies may be worth the $3-5 price bracket but when you then factor in even the as cheap as possible domestic shipping it suddenly makes common ponies expensive. So when they sell they sell for under their "worth" as that way the price of the shipping on top of the price of the pony doesnt put a buyer off - so yes this feels like you are giving them away. In addition when a new line comes on to the market the most immediately preceding versions of that line will suffer slightly on price and immediately devalue.

Yes, on an initial principle I agree over time G3 prices will go up...however, [outside rares] they will not increase in the same way G1 has. There were collectors around at the same time as G1s but there were many many many more collectors around throughout G3 [just look at the date this forum started!] - for that reason there are many more MIB and loose G3 ponies in the collecting world and in collecting hands than there are G1 therefore demand will never quite be the same.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
there's lots of g3s for sale in the For Sale - Auction forum.  just sayin.  :3

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »
I think they're just so common no one really wants them. There's quite a few G3s I'm after but at the same time I'm trying to focus on G1s right now since I need to balance things out. (And I might downsize my G3 herd) but yeah I think the best way to shift them seems to be in lots or doing deals on them since 1 G3 isn't 'worth' the same as 1 G1, G2 or G4 pony.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2012, 05:50:44 PM »
I told myself I was going to stop picking up G3s but I find a bunch at a flea market today and gave them a temporary home. They are all duplicates. Maybe I can get some trades. TE Fizzy was in the lot too, however! She'll be up for trade too and I think she will turn out lovely. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »
well shoot just saw some other gen 3 ponies that came with play sets and added them to my list.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »
I've got a lot of 24 or so on eBay right now (starting bid $1) if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280974050944?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

A couple have "thrift store hair" (frizzy and maybe cut), but most of them are ones I bought for my collection, and are in great shape.   (Oh, also some faded pink hair on some.)

Chocolate Chipper, in particular, has the most AMAZING curls.  Like, G1 style curls.  I don't know how it happened, since I bought her new and never styled her or anything.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »
I think some of them are hard to get rid of because the same ponys were released several times.

It can work in your favor though. I got a MIP TAF pony project pony for $30 and she was going for about $150. Although this seller said they found several of them in a storage thing they bought...so they were just looking to make a quick buck. They also said there was several other HTF toys in it
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 07:05:41 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Flugangst

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2012, 07:51:28 PM »
I LOVE G3's...And I am always happy to take any unwanted G3's...*wink, wink*  :3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal