collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Sundance? Is this a legit variant?  (Read 4190 times)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Princess Sundance? Is this a legit variant?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 05:27:31 AM »
I think a pony like this popped up on eBay a long time ago (2006,7?) & it was widely believed to be a Tiffany head stuck on a Sundance body, not a legit variation like the Princess & Happy Tails mix-up ponies. Did the lot come from a collector? If so, it's possible that this is the same exact pony.

Yup, I got into it with the person who bought that pony off ebay years ago.
She was going to send pictures to me to prove it was real but they were never forthcoming.
And the subject was dropped and forgotten until now.
I was not even going to reply to this thread but seeings as how it's raised up again,
the pony has been put together by someone and as far as anyone knows  this could even be the same pony as it was as you said kitkat, years ago.  That's the problem when people don't mark their rehairs and customs on the foot bottom with indelible ink.  I have gotten any more so that I don't even like to buy anything off ebay as who knows where it came from.

I was thinking I remembered an incident with a pony like this before as well. I don't think she is real either. There are two main reasons why I don't think she is real:

- I don' think Princess Pearl is otherwise represented in the princess variants?
- Princess Pearl was made in China (at a stretch could be HK, but I think all the variants are China). The body is No Country, but comes from Spain. No other put together variants have mix and match countries. One would expect them to be put together in a factory, and I can't see them shipping excess parts from another country's factory to make cheap end of line sort of ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
either way she looks quite charming <3

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline WinterBlossom

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 04:24:07 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys! You have confirmed my suspicions that she is a bodge job rather than a true variant!

I have done my best to get a few new pics of her here:

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r575/Ginger_Blossom/

I am afraid my camera is ancient, so the tail tinsel is not very clear, however you can see that she doesn't have a forelock cut into her, she has lovely long hair all the way to the front (about 10cm long). 

Her tail has different coloured tinsel - her mane is just silver glitter - but I distrust different coloured tails as they are so easy to mix up.  Her tail looks to have suffered from quite a bit of shedding to my eyes.

Her eyes don't quite match - her right has lower eyeliner all the way around and her left doesn't in front of the pupil. 

I may well be selling her, so drop me a pm if you are interested!

Hugs,

WB

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »
I think a pony like this popped up on eBay a long time ago (2006,7?) & it was widely believed to be a Tiffany head stuck on a Sundance body, not a legit variation like the Princess & Happy Tails mix-up ponies. Did the lot come from a collector? If so, it's possible that this is the same exact pony.

Yup, I got into it with the person who bought that pony off ebay years ago.
She was going to send pictures to me to prove it was real but they were never forthcoming.
And the subject was dropped and forgotten until now.
I was not even going to reply to this thread but seeings as how it's raised up again,
the pony has been put together by someone and as far as anyone knows  this could even be the same pony as it was as you said kitkat, years ago.  That's the problem when people don't mark their rehairs and customs on the foot bottom with indelible ink.  I have gotten any more so that I don't even like to buy anything off ebay as who knows where it came from.

I was thinking I remembered an incident with a pony like this before as well. I don't think she is real either. There are two main reasons why I don't think she is real:

- I don' think Princess Pearl is otherwise represented in the princess variants?
- Princess Pearl was made in China (at a stretch could be HK, but I think all the variants are China). The body is No Country, but comes from Spain. No other put together variants have mix and match countries. One would expect them to be put together in a factory, and I can't see them shipping excess parts from another country's factory to make cheap end of line sort of ponies.

i too remember the one that popped up a few years back and i don't think she is authentic either for the exact same reasons as lady has suggested :huh:

WB ~ ponies can often have slightly oddly aligned eyes, my regular princess pearl has flawed eyes that sound like your pony's :) i understand what you are saying about the silver tinsel in the mane and the tri-coloured tinsel in the tail (it is princess taffeta's tail!)

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline catra

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 10:34:51 AM »
i also remember that pony. i doubt it's legit, but it disturbs me that somebody would fake it so detailed. not everybody knows the typical things that belong to a uk mix and match princess variant. i think we should also keep in mind that tiffany has no known uk variants. there's only the german variant with yellow hair.

i would keep her if i were you.  you never know, maybe one day a second and a third pony of this kind appeares and shows us that we might be wrong.

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »
Even though it looks pretty legit, I'll go saying that it may well be someone swapping the ponies heads and body just for fun.

Someone had a lot of time on their hands: not only did they swap the body and head but also the tail... Also, it's the first time I see someone selling a G1 "swap": usually I see this on G3s. I have a couple myself, including, what I'd like to call, "SeaFire" (or "WaterSpray") which is basically a G3 Seaspray with Waterfire's head. :D XD

Offline Goldilocks

• Romance Pony
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »
She looks quite cool, Tiffany's hair is a pretty combination with Sundance's body.

I would keep her too, just in case :)
wanted G1 WEDDING/LOVE pony accessories and merchandise, ARGIE GREEN TRULY, ARGIE PEARLY-PAINTED NOVIA:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299645.0.html
trades:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,299649.msg252302.html#msg252302

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 01:35:59 PM »
It honestly looks like sundance's body with Tiffany's head and tail tossed on it. I honestly would not think it would be legit.

Exactly what I thought >.o
I don't think it looks legit, sorry =o.o=

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal