collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NW Pony Party is confirmed! Nov 3rd in Seattle! EXCLUSIVE PONY available!  (Read 7965 times)

Honey Bunches

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NW Pony Party is confirmed! Nov 3rd in Seattle! EXCLUSIVE PONY available!
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2012, 08:59:18 AM »
Sarafina - come cook with me! 

I was thinking of bringing a goat cheese spread as well. I'll do it, now that I know I'm not the only goat cheese lover. It's a sweeter flavor, and as far as I'm concerned you cannot have enough goat cheese.

Would you mind sharing your recipe? It sounds fantastic and I have three big leeks that need a new purpose.

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »
Thanks Sarafina! Hopefully all this junk in my sinuses will clear out by Saturday, it's a pain! (literally :lol: )

Painted Hooves - Dewdrop dazzle would be awesome! I like her body color! I was just thinking the other day she looks a lot like one of the spa ponies, so maybe that's who I can turn her into! :)

I'm planning on bringing gluten-free cupcakes! Probably about three dozen! Should I bring something else too that's more actual food, or will we have enough?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »
I will have snacks too- I tried to go with savory since it looks like we will have a lot of sweet things-

Salad might be nice?

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2012, 11:27:17 AM »
Maybe I'll try to get some kale from my mom and make this kale salad she made once that was super yummy. (and I am NOT a kale fan too). Even my hubby liked it and he hates veggies.

SDstang

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
I was going to make some cupcakes but since it sounds like there will be a alot of sweets mabey I will bring something savory. I have a recipe for a pull apart bloomin onion bread? or a potaote leek soup?

and I think salad would be great! I love Kale so that would be tasty :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
Those things sound awesome!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »
I was gonna bring  cake, but I guess I'll go for something else. Hmmm....

sarafina

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
Sarafina - come cook with me! 

I was thinking of bringing a goat cheese spread as well. I'll do it, now that I know I'm not the only goat cheese lover. It's a sweeter flavor, and as far as I'm concerned you cannot have enough goat cheese.

Would you mind sharing your recipe? It sounds fantastic and I have three big leeks that need a new purpose.

I would love to have a cooking date!  (This is off-topic, but I've been wanting to get a Make-Ahead-Mamas group together to make yummy food and freeze it for quick & easy dinners later that would be tasty for parents and for toddlers).

Definitely bring your goat cheese spread - that sounds amazing!  I agree that you can never have enough goat cheese...I made some goat cheese & risotto stuffed peppers the other day and am still craving more.  It's my kryptonite.

Anyway, here's the butternut squash/goat cheese/leek gratin recipe that I adore and love to make this time of year:

Spoiler
Butternut Squash Gratin with Goat Cheese & Hazelnuts
(8 servings)

3.5 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 3/4 – 1 inch cubes (8 cups)
2 T olive oil
coarse kosher salt
4 T butter, divided
3 c sliced leeks
1.5 t chopped fresh sage
1 5.5 ounce log of soft goat cheese
1 c heavy whipping cream
1/2 c hazelnuts, toasted, husked, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 400.

Place butternut squash cubes in olive oil in large bowl. Sprinkle with coarse kosher salt and ground pepper; toss to coat. Spread out squash cubes on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until just tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt 3 T butter in a heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add sliced leeks and chopped sage; sprinkle with s&p. Saute until tender but not brown, about 15 minutes.

Coat 11x7-inch baking dish with remaining 1 T butter. Spread half of leek mixture over bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of squash and half of cheese. Repeat by layering with leeks, squash, and cheese.

Preheat oven to 375.

Pour cream evenly over gratin. Sprinkle with toasted, chopped hazelnuts. Bake uncovered until gratin is heated through and cream is bubbling, about 30 minutes.

(FYI, I'm going to leave the hazelnuts off of the gratin in case anyone has nut allergies).

SDstang - Mmm I adore potato leek soup. :)

katgyrl - we have lots of kale here, so if you decide to make that yummy kale salad and need some, feel free to stop by! :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:10:03 PM by sarafina »

SuniMoon

« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2012, 04:06:13 PM »
I might come! It sounds like a fun experience, and I do have some bates to give away that I doubt i'll ever use, aswell as some customs left over from Aki Con BucketCon 2012 (Dun ask...) that I would like to maybe sell. :3

I'll think about coming if I'm not still sick by then? ^_^

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2012, 04:59:51 PM »
I made five cards last night and today! My poor kids are getting a little ignored. O.O
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I did a series of five "happy holidays" cards and next I'll be doing five "merry christmas" cards. Only five in the series because that's how many characters Hasbro put on the wrapping paper (you'd think it wouldn't be TOO hard just to include all mane six!). Maybe I'll post a picture if I get around to taking and uploading one.

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »
Ok, it seems like everyone is bringing sweets or food, so I'll bring drinks. What do you guys want?

Offline PaintedHooves

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dayna's Custom Ponies
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2012, 05:41:16 AM »
Hanna, I know most people will probably want some type of soda, but can you bring some juice of some sort for those of us trying to cut down on the caffeine?    ^.^

I'm thinking of making name tags out of note cards, but I can't come up with any creative ways to attach them... Any ideas?  Also, round about how many people are coming?  So I have a ballpark figure to work from?
I figured it might help since most of us have probably never met in person and we can put both our real names and Arena names on there  ^.^

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2012, 07:28:49 AM »
I am bringing a hot-cocoa 'bar' with cocoa and marshmallows and stuff :)

Oh! And my best friend can't make it afterall, so it will just be me :) I am SO excited for this and I am SO happy it's supposed to be clear that day :D

I have had an insane 2 weeks. I hope to get 2 customs done for the comp, and I really, really will get a pic of Autumn Skye today.

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2012, 07:30:38 AM »
Ok, I'll pick up some drinks at Costco today.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2012, 07:37:35 AM »
Also, I am not bringing a collection per se, just some customs of mine (and sadly, I don't have many of mine XD I give them or sell them ).

The last g4's I need are Blossomforth, Dewdrop Dazzle and Cupcake if anyone has to sell, and I don't mind loose. It's funny, I have the HTF ones like Stardreams, Skywishes, Star Swirl, Rainbow Flash etc... I even have Holly Blue! But I am still missing some normal ones :)

Yay, I get to start packing stuff up to bring today! I also need to prep Lucius's clothing I am doing a demo on. I hope I don't forget my glue gun....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal