collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ditzy Doo contest through Hot Topic on Facebook!  (Read 2339 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Ditzy Doo contest through Hot Topic on Facebook!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 06:46:21 AM »
Hey, it's effective marketing. ;) You can always unlike them when the contest is over!
:like: ;)

Being in the field(s) I'm in, I understand the importance of social media for a whole variety of purposes. I actually really appreciate companies that use social media in an intelligent way! (This isn't a prime example, giveaways are pretty blah, but still.)

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »
Good luck to everyone who enters!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 07:48:54 AM »
I hate how every contest requires a Facebook account anymore. I don't have a FB account, nor do I want one and it's not fair to people like me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like Facebook.

AGREED. Companies just use these types of promotions to get more people to Like them, because that way people will be seeing their advertisements EVERY time they're on Facebook. Companies want to shove their advertising down our throats, and this is the hot new way to do it.

After you like it you can choose not to see posts in your news feed.  Just pan over the like button and uncheck "show in news feed" in the menu that pops up.  That way you can still be eligible for the contest without having to see their posts.

I think what some people are trying to say here is rather than not wanting to like something on Facebook, they actually don't want Facebook at all.

I am one of those people. I de-facebooked months ago now and I feel much better without it. Anyway, even if I *did* have it, I still couldn't enter, being in the UK.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:30 AM »
I am also not likeing facebook. People get to up tight when you take them off your friends list or if they are not taking your friend request. Its a dang site everyone.......LOL  It seems you have to have facebook to do anything alot anymore. I do coupons and almost all of them have to page on a page and you have to like them. I always pass unless its a really good one. After I print off the coupon I take the like off.....LOL

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 08:26:54 AM »
I imagine a Hot Topic rep was able to purchase the 14 ponies through insider channels...  :(  So much for exclusive!  Also I get very irritated at contests that ask you to sacrifice your privacy by having you sign up with Facebook and the like.  What if I know full well where Hot Topic's website is, and I don't want to be bombarded with advertisements about the place?  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 08:48:13 AM »
I hate how every contest requires a Facebook account anymore. I don't have a FB account, nor do I want one and it's not fair to people like me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like Facebook.

I won't do them.  Not even for Ditsy.  I don't join stores and such on facebook. 

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
why the h@ll did hasbro give hot topic 14 of these, instead of, I don't know, giving them to the fair or comic con or on their website? Gee an event exclusive available through hot topic? this smells foul.

ETA
It's just a bummer that those 14 could have been put on their website, so 14 more people who camped for days could have gotten her :/

There is the possibility that these ponies were made after SDCC. I'm just wondering why Hot Topic is only running this competition now. Yes, that would mean Hasbro lied about Derqy being an exclusive, but when has Hasbro ever been fair? I think they're smelling a profit with this pony, and are taking advantage of the fact.
:heart:

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 11:54:34 AM »
I did it, but then I read the rules too late that it says you must be over 18... my Facebook account uses my actual birthday, and I'm 17. Whoops. That was pointless.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:34 PM »
I stopped at a Hot Topic store today and they were taking entries for Ditzy Doo there as well...you just fill out a form and stick it in a box.  So, it looks like there is a store version of the contest as well, at least in Saginaw!

kmlv23

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »
I did it, but then I read the rules too late that it says you must be over 18... my Facebook account uses my actual birthday, and I'm 17. Whoops. That was pointless.
If you win, all you need is a parents permission...

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 05:23:32 PM »

What I got from the rules was that you had to be at least 18 years old at the time of the entry to be eligible to win. If not, that entry will be disqualified. It didn't say anywhere that if you were 17 or younger, you had to get permission from a parent.

I do find that surprising, considering a lot of people that shop at HT are in their teens. O_o
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »
What?? How did Hot Topic get a bunch of them?

That's my question.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

kmlv23

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »

What I got from the rules was that you had to be at least 18 years old at the time of the entry to be eligible to win. If not, that entry will be disqualified. It didn't say anywhere that if you were 17 or younger, you had to get permission from a parent.

I do find that surprising, considering a lot of people that shop at HT are in their teens. O_o
I could have sworn I saw something in the rules if you were under 18...

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »
I signed up today in the store too! Although when I asked if it was a daily contest, the workers just looked confused. One of them said she didn't even know they were RUNNING a contest! XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal