collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: USPS Advice  (Read 495 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
USPS Advice
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:07:04 AM »

I called the post office, and I am just so mad at them right now. They are ignoring my redelivery requests! I scheduled one for last Saturday, and they didn't even bother to try and deliver. So I rescheduled it for Monday. I called and asked the lady why didn't it get redelivered on Saturday and she didn't know. I scheduled it again for today, and she told me that the maillady is already out for delivery and the package is still at the post office. I explained to her that I cannot come and get it. I dont get out during the day due to being a day sleeper. She said that she could call my delivery lady and see if she could come back and get it and bring it to me, but that it could be tomorrow.

I am really at a loss here. I have never had them do this to me before!

Is there anything I can do in this situation? Im about to head to bed for the day. Scheduling these re deliveries is the only way I can get actual sleep so I don't have to drive across town.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: USPS Advice
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:51:10 AM »
The only advice I can really give is to continue to call them. I've had some redelivery nightmares as well. I think they just don't take that stuff seriously, unfortunately.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »
I agree with NoDivision. I think your going to have to keep bugging them.

I have never had any issues concerning this though so maybe someone else has some better advice. I do know that my mailman and I have an agreement that if I am not home, he signs my name for me. I don't know if you trust your mailman that much but it's a thought.  I live in a small town and have had the same mailman for years so maybe that's why he and I agree it's ok. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:36:17 PM »
Keep bugging the HELL out of them.  :mad:

My boyfriend put in a change of address form to get his IL. mail sent to GA. Because a lazy USPS worker didn't put down his apt. number on the computer ( he had a copy of the change of address form and he did put the atp. number down ) we didn't get his mail until about a month later.

We had to call every day, talk to several different people and made everyone at both USPS offices live's a living hell before we figured out why no mail was being forwarded. Then we just resubmitted a second change of address form and two days later, BAM we got all of our missing mail!

Most USPS workers don't know anything when it comes to mail issues. It's not their fault. A lot of USPS work is done by machines anyway... Why "Going Postal" was always used baffles me since it's an easy idiot proof job...  :ninja: It should be going "retail" or "Waitress/waiter" on someone's butt! Those jobs are worse.

No disrespect to any USPS employee's, you guys are just set up for failure.

end rant
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »
USPS is simply going downhill. The customer service is horrible and the service is horrible. Their insurance is not trustworthy and everything about them in subpar.

That's why they aren't doing so well while UPS is kicking ass. Sorry to hear you are having a USPS nightmare. I take it there is no way to do it online like you can for UPS right?

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »
The thing is, I DID do it online. Twice. And twice it was ignored. I called the post office today and the girl who answered was only able to confirm that the package was still at the post office and it would not be delivered. She said she could ask the mailman/lady to come back and get it. She could not tell me why it was being ignored.

I don't know who to call to complain to.

My mail lady and I had an understanding that packages can be left on my doorstep, so there is never any need to leave them anywhere else. I just have to wonder if I have a new mailman or something.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 04:42:45 PM »
Wow that's ridiculous.

DJOctaviaSymphony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 02:59:52 AM »
Agree'd Lately I have had to re sent quite a few packages US and internationally because USPS keeps losing or damaging my parcels to the point they cant read what I wrote as the address. Irritating is a nice way to put it. Hmph.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 02:03:37 PM »
Well, I got my package today. Yesterday I looked up how to file a complaint, and I called the 1800 number to do so. It sucks that it took me complaining to get them to deliver the darn thing.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 06:26:05 AM »
Well, I got my package today. Yesterday I looked up how to file a complaint, and I called the 1800 number to do so. It sucks that it took me complaining to get them to deliver the darn thing.

Geez, is all I have to say. Thank you for giving me another reason to choose UPS over USPS when the shipping rates are similar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal