collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build-A-Bear Considering FiM Stuffed Animals!  (Read 6403 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: Build-A-Bear Considering FiM Stuffed Animals!
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2012, 06:33:35 AM »
Ugh, the only Build-A-Bear store in Malaysia (if I'm not mistaken, there was one, and only one at Berjaya Times Square) that went down a few years ago, and now the closest branch is Singapore :(
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2012, 06:37:08 AM »
I hope they dont every find this thread - due to the completely fictitious polling results we may have skewed!

Mind you the more votes the more changes of pony so all good!
I'm sure they're more than aware, people on the Facebook page were already saying they were doing it.. not to mention EqD's page announcing it... and a image board I know of...

Either way I honestly found it rude how they went about the survey. Kids can take it, but tell what their favorite pony is? Only parents can do that..? And the fact that non-parents can't vote at all... I've gone into Build-A-Bear more than enough times to see people without kids (specifically saying so) buying stuff for themselves :(. I get that the target audience is kids, but their store in general is supposed to be for everyone, so everyone's opinion should be valid!

girlyponce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:44 AM »
I was a kid... and a parent...

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »
 I agree icicle, it is unfair. Adults like toys too! Especially FiM, you would think they'd have heard of bronies, who will clearly want all the BaB plush ponies they can get their hooves on!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »
My 4 year old son loves RD and Spike. He would take that blue dragon though. I showed him the picture of the purple unicorn (who I thought was cute) and he goes "Ma-om, that's not Rainbow Dash. No wings, and it's purple!"

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2012, 10:13:28 AM »
Done it...pretended I had kids:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
I filled it out with my 9 year old niece in mind. She likes MLP and BAB, we all live in the same house, and I helped raise her, so it's not too much of a stretch. ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:42:49 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:36 AM »
My 4 year old son loves RD and Spike. He would take that blue dragon though. I showed him the picture of the purple unicorn (who I thought was cute) and he goes "Ma-om, that's not Rainbow Dash. No wings, and it's purple!"
Pffft, that's adorable.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
Oh, I love and used to buy several Build-A-Bears for myself! I wanted to take this survey, but it wouldn't let me when I said I didn't have any kids :cry:

So I went back and did one with my inner child in mind :D Would be so awesome if they made the FiM ponies. I would spend sooo much money in Build-A-Bear again XD
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »
Haha I go into Build-a-Bear many times when I'm at the mall, I love to look at the kids building their toys! I never bought anything there but that would definitely change if they got FiM!!

I think if anyone from the company found this thread (or the facebook posts or the other forum posts about it) they would realize that a sale is a sale, regardless if the survey was flubbed or not lol. And as everyone in this thread has already stated, we would definitely be buying!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2012, 01:10:59 PM »
Awesome- I took the survey for my inner 4 year old... who would love Rainbow Dash and Rarity!

It would be awesome if they did MLP characters-  they did a great job with Hello Kitty characters a while back...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »
I hope they dont every find this thread - due to the completely fictitious polling results we may have skewed!

I'm sure they're more than aware, people on the Facebook page were already saying they were doing it.. not to mention EqD's page announcing it... and a image board I know of...

Either way I honestly found it rude how they went about the survey. Kids can take it, but tell what their favorite pony is? Only parents can do that..? And the fact that non-parents can't vote at all... I've gone into Build-A-Bear more than enough times to see people without kids (specifically saying so) buying stuff for themselves :(. I get that the target audience is kids, but their store in general is supposed to be for everyone, so everyone's opinion should be valid!

It was meant humorously not in seriousness :) - money is money to a company...I am pretty sure they dont care who purchases their toys as long as they are purchased.

And its market research so yes it will be targeted to a certain catchment - the key market for the item. Frustrating to collectors yes...but pretty standard.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

It was meant humorously not in seriousness :) - money is money to a company...I am pretty sure they dont care who purchases their toys as long as they are purchased.

And its market research so yes it will be targeted to a certain catchment - the key market for the item. Frustrating to collectors yes...but pretty standard.
Whoops. Silly me reading into everything.. xD

I get market research.. but it's kinda worded on the Facebook page that they just want people in general, so it's a little misleading.

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
I took the survey, and pretended to be a parent even though I'm not.

Stupid Build a Bear. If anything, when I do become a parent, I will be spending LESS time and money at their store.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal