collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rude ebay customer - kittylouise50  (Read 2064 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Rude ebay customer - kittylouise50
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »
I am not worried about this one, but have added her to my block bidder's list for her attitude, I don't have the time or patience for people like this.

I sold a care bear item to her, she paid through paypal on monday, in all my auctions it states that I can't post until the money has cleared into my bank account, and today, after I marked it as "posted" I recieved this message -

HI, I PAID FOR THIS ITEM VIA PAY-PAL ON THE 10TH, -LAST MONDAY, AND MY GRAND-DAUGHTER HAS BEEN WAITING FOR IT TO ARRIVE ALL WEEK, THEN I GET A NOTICE TODAY, THAT IT WAS NOT POSTED UNTIL TODAY !!!!!WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO POST THIS ITEM ??? NOT TOO HAPPY ABOUT THIS . KH

- kittylouise50

I totally understand she may not have read my terms, or understood the reason it was posted later in the week, and sent back a pleasant reply explaining this to her, but seriously I just think that was quiet rude, and I can't stand all caps, its not only hard to read, but most people know it's just rude to do it.

Just thought I would pre - warn others about her behaviour, if she would have sent a message asking why it had not been sent earlier using the shift key, without all the exclamation marks etc I would not have batted an eyelid, people like this should not be allowed on the net as far as I am concerned.

As I said, I totally understand a customer asking me why the item was posted off as late as it was, I would have explained, as my listings state, paypal takes 3 - 5 days to clear into my account, I got the item off the day after payment, I really can't do much better than that.

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Rude ebay customer - kittylouise50
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:50:37 AM »
 :shocked: Sorry you had to deal with that. It seems many people do not fully read things anymore. It reminds me of an article I read about how people are reading less and having shorter attention spans.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »
Thanks for letting us know about another rude Ebayer...  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:47:48 AM »
Gah! So many rude peeps anymore on ebay.  :cry:

A simple and polite email asking why it was shipped when it was would have been sufficent.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »
:crazy:  Where are her manners?! ugh! rude ebayers get me irritated! If she is old enough to have a granddaughter then she is old enough to have learned some good manners
Thanks for letting us know Paints - I'm sorry you ended up dealing with another rude ebayer :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Mirage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Just to add a different perspective, my Mother-In-Law isn't the best with computers / internet. She is going blind from Diabetes and almost always types in caps so she can see what she has typed, lol. She types with 1 finger, squinting at the keyboard and screen. She likes Txting but has trouble with it, and when anyone txts her we have to do it in all caps - which was terrible with my old cell phone that used only shift and no capslock lol.

In this case, the exclamation points make it pretty obvious the person was trying to be loud, though. 

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
  My God, why do people think THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY TO TALK????
  When I joined the arena I was positively thrilled to see that typing extensively in all caps is not allowed. Thank you, MLP Arena!
  That said, you make a good point Mirage. Even though the majority of people online just think it's okay to be obnoxious, there are still those that have a good reason for odd or undesirable behavior. If I have to work a lot with people I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt. It keeps me pleasant when working with tough cookies. 
I'll put something here some time

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »
Mirage - that is a good point, but I don't think it is the case with this person, as you said yourself, due to the exclamation marks etc it seems to be an attempt at being rude.

I don't know anything about this lady, but in all seriousness, unless you do have good reason to, I think when communicating during text in any way you should try to use lower and upper case.

Its a combination of reasons that I posted about this, including not being able to read the description. I have this happen alot with customers, I take photos and write an individual description for each of my items, its disappointing when you know the buyer obviously didn't even take the time to read the description or conditions, they are there to explain things and tell potential customers about the item etc. If you have poor eyesight, ask a friend or family member to read it to you, there are also programs out there that will read text out aloud for people with low or no vision.

I just don't think any excuse under the sun explains rudeness, if it was all caps but worded differently it may not have been as bad. She obviously wanted me to know she was pissed about the situation.

Mirage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »
I agreed in my post that this person is quite rude in this case, just that it reminded me of some habits that would come off odd or be strange to others that my in-law has.
She has in the past messaged me through FB from the upstairs to downstairs (since she has a bad knee) "COME HERE NOW" and I'm like.. am I in trouble? No, she just wanted me to see a news story or something lol.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 09:29:31 PM »
Oh I think that person was out of line for sure, thats very rude of her since it was her fault for not reading your auction list properly. Anyhow I must I amit I do write in capital letters some times cause I have a 18 month son who likes to sit on my lap and 'help' me type. I DONT MEan offenCE BY it but IT NORMally looKS some thiNG LIKE THIS. GOSH IT CAN be so annoying for me I just give up and send the message anyway ; )

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 02:49:55 AM »
I agreed in my post that this person is quite rude in this case, just that it reminded me of some habits that would come off odd or be strange to others that my in-law has.
She has in the past messaged me through FB from the upstairs to downstairs (since she has a bad knee) "COME HERE NOW" and I'm like.. am I in trouble? No, she just wanted me to see a news story or something lol.

I totally understand :) I was just explaining my side of it ;) no offence was taken, just don't think even if it wasn't in caps that it was "polite" either.

Oh I think that person was out of line for sure, thats very rude of her since it was her fault for not reading your auction list properly. Anyhow I must I amit I do write in capital letters some times cause I have a 18 month son who likes to sit on my lap and 'help' me type. I DONT MEan offenCE BY it but IT NORMally looKS some thiNG LIKE THIS. GOSH IT CAN be so annoying for me I just give up and send the message anyway ; )

lol - yeah I understand, I am currently volunteering at a childcare centre and know how kids can be. "I do it" is probably one of the more common sentences I hear from the kiddies. They do like to be independent, thats for sure.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 04:00:40 AM »
This transaction is still causing issues, this woman is such a headache.

I recieved this message today (20th) -

THIS ITEM STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED, ORDERED ON THE 10TH. THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE, THIS IS THE SLOWEST ITEM I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED FROM ALL OF MY YEARS BUYING FROM EBAY. UNACCEPTABLE, AND VERY DISAPPOINTING. KH.

I replied with this -

Hi ****,

I really don't know what I can say. I posted this item off 5 days ago on the 15th, the tracking number is ****.

I actually checked this on the AusPost site and it is saying it was delivered today?

As I stated in my previous message, I have to wait for paypal funds to clear into my account which takes 3 - 5 days, I posted the day after payment arrived in my bank account on the 14th, and it arrived today according to the post office site.

I am very sorry that you are dissapointed, but I really can't help any of these issues, I do my best to keep my customers happy, and I have put all my terms in all my auctions so my customers do understand.

I am not happy about how you have handled the transaction, as I have tried to explain things to you as best I can, I am a student, I do not have an endless flow of cash at the moment, and trying to make ends meet by selling the odd item on ebay. I do my best to please everyone, and do send off either on the day or the following business day after payment arrives in my account. How long it takes for AusPost to deliver an item is completely out of my hands, I have no say in their processing or transit times, and am very sorry it took 5 days to arrive.

Can you please let me know if you have picked up this item? As the site does say it has been delivered, if you have not personally picked it up, please check with anyone else from your address or your local post office.

Which resulted in this reply from her -

IT DID NOT ARRIVE AT MY ADDRESS, I WILL CHECK WITH MY LOCAL POST OFFICE TOMORROW.  KH.

I am beyond over it, I replied with this -

I am very sorry about that,

Unfortunately that is not something I could help, it should have been delivered today, your post office may have held it at their outlet, sometimes they can't deliver parcels to the doorstep, I really do not understand why they would not have put this one in your letter box as it was quiet a small parcel and would not take up much room.

Please let me know how you go.

I really would like this transaction to be finalised.

__________________________________________________________________________________
I just really REALLY want this to be over, I can see a neg coming out of it, but seriously, how can I please this woman? She is completely irrational and I just can't reason with her, even after explaining my terms twice, and explaining how paypal works (I think she only buys, and has never sold, and assumes paypal would be an "instant" thing, which most people are well aware that it isn't)

I am not stressed about it, just want her stupid item to arrive so I can finish it, recieve whatever is coming my way (I expect a negative out of it, cause seriously, its on the cards from these messages) and move on.

To make it worse, I have to deal with this irrational crap on my birthday, I have much better things to do, like eating cake :D

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 04:22:29 AM »
God what a pain. Is she even reading your messages? I don't know why she didn't acknowledge that it was recently sent. 5 days isn't long in any country.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 04:25:37 AM »
God what a pain. Is she even reading your messages? I don't know why she didn't acknowledge that it was recently sent. 5 days isn't long in any country.

I don't know RPB, I think she is actually ignoring the text I am sending her, and deciding to fly off the handle at me instead of actually trying to understand what all the words are in front of her.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »

well, this depends. Cleared payment as far as ebay is concerned, is when the buyer pays the seller. Via paypal if it's money already in the account, it's pretty much an instant cleared payment.

Now, if she sent a M.O., Check or e-check, yes, then I could see the wait for a cleared payment. E-check is through paypal but paypal has to go into the bank account and take it out. You would need to wait for a cleared payment on that one.

If your handling time states 5 or more days, I don't see an issue but if your handling time states less, then I would probably toss up a fuss.

Could I get a link to the auction in question?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal