collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *blushes* I bought my first barbie!  (Read 1602 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: *blushes* I bought my first barbie!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 08:48:26 AM »
Omg I remember the Secret Spells dolls! i wanted them soooo badnwhen I was younger!

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
Finally deboxed her and took some pictures of her and my new Cinderella barbie who I absolutely adore!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »
She's so cuuute! Your Cindy is too, I like her face mold.

I finally made it to Target to search for dollies, but the only Halloween Barbie to be found was Barbie dressed as a cat. :\ She was alright, she had small cat ears, a cute dress, and a steak of black in her blonde hair, but I wanted a Witch or a ghost Chelsea. :cry: I checked both the regular doll aisles and the seasonal section, where I found her (and some great Halloween decorations, at least - Target always makes AWESOME stuff for Halloween. I use a lot of it year round. :)).

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »
I haven't seen a cat one anywhere =/

I also haven't seen the witch anywhere but at Kroger.. of all places lol. I'd say check places like CVS or Family Dollar/Dollar General. They seem to get seasonal toys in.

Best of luck. Now I need to google that cat one!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »
I actually saw that catgirl one too, she's a target exclusive, but didn't catch my interest when I looked at her.

I really want that hat. XD Is it rubber molded?
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 12:24:57 AM »
Yep it's rubber! I was actually happy because I thought it was going to be hard plastic when I first saw it. It was a nice surprise when I deboxed her!

I looked up the cat. Kind of disappointed in it. I thought it might be more like Cat Woman. (Who has a GORGEOUS Barbie btw... I'll never be able to afford it though >.<)

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:24 AM »
Yep it's rubber! I was actually happy because I thought it was going to be hard plastic when I first saw it. It was a nice surprise when I deboxed her!

I looked up the cat. Kind of disappointed in it. I thought it might be more like Cat Woman. (Who has a GORGEOUS Barbie btw... I'll never be able to afford it though >.<)

I WILL have classic Catwoman Barbie some day! Oh, my Selina. :inlove: I want a lot of Collector's Edition Barbies, mostly of characters I love. I have the Gomez and Morticia Addams set, they were one of my grails, I adore them. :heart:

If I find myself in one I'll be sure to check, the only grocery store within walking distance is HEB, and the only dolls I saw there last week were Monster High. (Not that I'm complaining, that was an awesome surprise - got a perfect DDG Operetta!)

rinny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 03:00:23 PM »
she is too cuute. idk about keeping her in the box... never was a fan of keeping my dollies all boxed up....

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »

I WILL have classic Catwoman Barbie some day! Oh, my Selina. :inlove: I want a lot of Collector's Edition Barbies, mostly of characters I love. I have the Gomez and Morticia Addams set, they were one of my grails, I adore them. :heart:

If I find myself in one I'll be sure to check, the only grocery store within walking distance is HEB, and the only dolls I saw there last week were Monster High. (Not that I'm complaining, that was an awesome surprise - got a perfect DDG Operetta!)

Apparently they have Poison Ivy too. I would love to have the two of them!!!! I drool over them on ebay lol

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »

Apparently they have Poison Ivy too. I would love to have the two of them!!!! I drool over them on ebay lol

I actually owned Poison Ivy at one point! I picked her up because I love Ivy (well, lots of Batman characters, but Ivy is my second favorite girl XD). But I was in desperate need of a good present for my best friend's bridal shower, so I gave Ivy to her. She met her husband while dressed up as the character, so it had relevant and sentimental value for her.

I was pretty astonished to find out recently how expensive Ivy has become! I shouldn't be surprised though, I've come to learn that's how lots of dolls work, and beloved character Barbies are deeefinitely no exception. It's probably for the best for me, I'm trying to limit my Batman collecting to Batman and Catwoman exclusively.  I waver every time I see that Kotobukiya Poison Ivy figure, though. Seen here:

http://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-DC-Comics-Poison-Bishoujo/dp/B005GHOEDG She's AMAZING, and once she goes out of production (like my beloved Kotobukiya Catwoman, who I'll probably never have :cry:) her price will likely quadruple. So hard to resist!

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 10:56:23 PM »
Oh my goodness that is one awesome figure!!!!! I could never be able to drop 50 dollars on a single item though. I'm a very.. thrifty collector lol. I have trouble spending over 20 on anything. I almost bought a Cat Woman action figure the other day for like 9 dollars.. but since I limit myself to buying like 1 thing at a time.. Cinderella barbie was more important :P

I'd love to have some DC and Marvel barbies though. I actually haven't worked on my action figure collection in AGES. I'm so stuck on dolls lol.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »
I don't regularly collect Barbies, but since my Bday is Halloween, I'm gonna have to pick this one up :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal