collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying (and failing) to part with ponies?  (Read 1080 times)

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
Trying (and failing) to part with ponies?
« on: September 12, 2012, 03:27:19 AM »
Ever decided to sell a pony, & then found yourself unable to do it?
TE Bright Eyes has been standing on top of my tv gathering dust for months. I decided she'd be better off with another collector, so I took her down to clean up & photograph. But as I started grooming her, I fell in love with her all over again, & now she's not going anywhere.  :silly:
I ended up dragging out a whole bunch of other ponies & styling their hair all afternoon. It's those darn eyes, who could resist them?!

Are there any ponies you just can't bear to let go of, even if you don't give them much attention? xD
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Trying (and failing) to part with ponies?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:51 AM »
Yep, I don't have very many, but I still have some I'd like to sell and I just...can't. Like my G3 Pretty Pop and Juniper Jade. They're my only G3s, and I don't even know where they came from or when I got them. I honestly just remember looking around and being like, 'Hey! Where did these ponies come from?' So you would think they'd be easy to be got rid of, right? Especially since I don't even collect adult G3s...but nope. Something about them being the only ones makes me feel too sad to get rid of them! Like they were determined to sneak into my collection, and how dare I get rid of them or even split them up?

I also am having difficulty letting go of my G4 Diamond Rose with Melty Eyes. I just bought another Diamond Rose to replace her since her misprinted eyes were driving me batty, but I still feel waaaay too guilty every time I think of selling her. I remember how utterly excited I was to find her at Target, as this was before I followed the releases of new ponies and I had no idea who she was and I fell in love. I do think she's one of the prettiest G4 ponies (probably the prettiest pegasus), and it would feel like abandoning her over something she can't help!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
The trick is to pack them up fast and then sell them before they start making eyes at you-  the G1s can all make you change your mind with those eyes of theirs....

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »
i thik its  more the sentimental vaule in some vasees.  i tok a few old g1s to the fair. and then when i go tthere.. i couldnt do it. most of hte time.   i feel bad about it. but once i have them in ther boxes  going where i know they'll be apricated..  i dont feel so bad.  i sold  traded a couple. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:12:59 AM »
When I part with a pony, I feel they're being adopted into a new home.  So I concentrate on how happy the person receiving the pony is going to be.  That is more important to me than my own feelings about a particular pony.  And for me, most of the fun of ponies is sharing the love with others!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »
I couldn't sell my haircut G1 Tickle after all... she spent a couple of days in my sale box and then came right back out again  ^.^

When I part with a pony, I feel they're being adopted into a new home.  So I concentrate on how happy the person receiving the pony is going to be.  That is more important to me than my own feelings about a particular pony.  And for me, most of the fun of ponies is sharing the love with others!  :D

Aww this! :lovey:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »
I've more or less stopped trying. I have a few doubles that need to go, but when I was looking at my collection thinking I could really use some cash and I know I can get them again, I just...couldn't...do it!!!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
Oh my gosh all my G4 doubles. If there is some variant to them, like tinsel in their hair or something, I just have not been able to let them go. I've taken sales pics but just have not been able to put them up. I let the Shine Brights go with some hesitation and ones that were exact doubles, even though it was still a little difficult, but the variants, I know I don't really need them but I can't bring myself to get rid of them yet. We'll see if I change my mind once I start running out of space...

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
I have trouble selling doubles too :yikes:   ... so I started making more armies instead :lol:  :good: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 07:31:59 PM »
I don't even bother trying anymore. I don't think I've ever sold a single pony-- the very few I've managed to part with were ones I was trading for other ponies, and even that was difficult!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
Yup...I know that feeling - I have baskets and drawers of pony doubles not to mention the sheer scale of accessory doubles which I have - that I just keep putting off listing and selling them! Mind you I bet I ll manage to get those ponies up for sale before I part with any accessories!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
I agree with Lovesbabysquirmy - just know that whoever buys the pony is going to be very happy with it, if that helps. Or, you could only downsize when you see someone trying hard to find a pony that you have a double of, or although you love it, you could do without it. Then you know for sure where it's going and who has it.
  As for me, I'm sure I'll have trouble someday. I parted with almost all my ponies once - and I regretted it big time. And I am kind of a toy hoarder anyway.
I'll put something here some time

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
I have no problem keeping the nicest ones and selling or trading my doubles, when it come to G1.  My problem is when I have 2 with flaws that are different, like one has age spots, but perfect hair, and the other has faded hair and a trim, but a perfect body.  In those cases, I flip flop.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal