collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37351 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1245 on: October 19, 2012, 03:46:10 PM »
Beautiful dolls indeed!! I don't see her as being manipulative myself. I have seen plenty of people too nervous shy or unsure of how to approach someone. Rochelle made an excuse to talk to him. I don't see that as such a bad thing myself. It creates a more natural way to have a convo. Duece doesn't have to worry about turning her to stone, and Duece is a great guy. If he's interested in Rochelle (which I don't think he is) he's a decent enough guy to be up front and honest about it. Besides, sometimes we just find ourselves having chemistry with a person, relationship or none. Just because it starts off as a bit of a crush doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. Rochelle has even confided her feelings in someone else, who told her that it was heading for heart break. Lonely, in a new place, looking for where she fits in? I'd say she could be cut some slack. With how conceited Cleo can be, people aren't picking her apart.

It's all about preference. Cleo, in the webisodes, and all else, is with Duece and they're happy! It doesn't mean that in peoples own collections that they can't have other ideas and couples :)

Can we all remember that these are fictional dolls and not worth such drama among people who are real and breathing? this is all in fun lovies <3
While I agree with this, I just want to stir the pot a bit anyway by pointing out that Hoodude mentions in his diary that he's "heard that Deuce has been seen hanging out on rooftops with that new gargoyle ghoul, Rochelle."

Personally, I don't care as I do not "follow" any of the various continuities. I don't watch the webisodes, I've never read the books, and I only like to read the diaries to get some insights and inspiration for the MH world in general. My Rochelle is dating my Scottish gargoyle boy, Flint, while Deuce and Cleo are happily together, and I don't have any plans to alter those relationships in my photos.

That being said, I can sympathize with Rochelle. I know how hard it is to maintain a long distance relationship.

Plus we don't really know anything about this Garrote guy. Who says he's been faithful to her in her absence? Perhaps she will discover that he's moved on while she's been away ... After all, on the back of Scaris Rochelle's box, it reads "Most of all I am looking forward to seeing ... him. I have not received the letter from him in so very long. I am sure there is a reason, hopefully it is a good one."

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 19, 2012, 03:53:13 PM »
Couldn't "he" be a brother or something?

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1247 on: October 19, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
Beautiful dolls indeed!! I don't see her as being manipulative myself. I have seen plenty of people too nervous shy or unsure of how to approach someone. Rochelle made an excuse to talk to him. I don't see that as such a bad thing myself. It creates a more natural way to have a convo. Duece doesn't have to worry about turning her to stone, and Duece is a great guy. If he's interested in Rochelle (which I don't think he is) he's a decent enough guy to be up front and honest about it. Besides, sometimes we just find ourselves having chemistry with a person, relationship or none. Just because it starts off as a bit of a crush doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. Rochelle has even confided her feelings in someone else, who told her that it was heading for heart break. Lonely, in a new place, looking for where she fits in? I'd say she could be cut some slack. With how conceited Cleo can be, people aren't picking her apart.

It's all about preference. Cleo, in the webisodes, and all else, is with Duece and they're happy! It doesn't mean that in peoples own collections that they can't have other ideas and couples :)

Can we all remember that these are fictional dolls and not worth such drama among people who are real and breathing? this is all in fun lovies <3
While I agree with this, I just want to stir the pot a bit anyway by pointing out that Hoodude mentions in his diary that he's "heard that Deuce has been seen hanging out on rooftops with that new gargoyle ghoul, Rochelle."

Personally, I don't care as I do not "follow" any of the various continuities. I don't watch the webisodes, I've never read the books, and I only like to read the diaries to get some insights and inspiration for the MH world in general. My Rochelle is dating my Scottish gargoyle boy, Flint, while Deuce and Cleo are happily together, and I don't have any plans to alter those relationships in my photos.

That being said, I can sympathize with Rochelle. I know how hard it is to maintain a long distance relationship.

Plus we don't really know anything about this Garrote guy. Who says he's been faithful to her in her absence? Perhaps she will discover that he's moved on while she's been away ... After all, on the back of Scaris Rochelle's box, it reads "Most of all I am looking forward to seeing ... him. I have not received the letter from him in so very long. I am sure there is a reason, hopefully it is a good one."

I really am looking forward to how all this plays out! I don't see this as pot stirring, just discussion :) Do we get to see pics of Rochelle and Flint? Sounds wonderful!

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #1248 on: October 19, 2012, 03:58:56 PM »

carpel tunnel ? :(

Re-rooting pains. I could be doing something wrong as my hands hurt really bad for days after I am done with a doll.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 19, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »

Re-rooting pains. I could be doing something wrong as my hands hurt really bad for days after I am done with a doll.

I'm sorry to hear that, I have that problem after doing pictures. do you have a brace?

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #1250 on: October 19, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that, I have that problem after doing pictures. do you have a brace?

PMing you.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 19, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »
Couldn't "he" be a brother or something?
I suppose it's a possibility, although I would argue that the pregnant pause indicated by the ellipsis suggests otherwise. Whatever the case, it does seem like a rather ominous bit of text. I think it's fair to assume that whoever he is, the reason for him not writing to her in a long time is *not* a good one. ;)

I really am looking forward to how all this plays out! I don't see this as pot stirring, just discussion :)
Cool. I am curious myself.

Do we get to see pics of Rochelle and Flint? Sounds wonderful!
I have taken some of them together already! Here's one, and here's the other. I have been planning another one for several months now, but I am still waiting on some props I commissioned for the photo.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 19, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »

Oh gosh, he's really something!! I love him! He and Rochelle look awesome together <3 He has a great style too! Her posing is fantastic, how she's holding her hair! Can't wait to see more :D

As far as whoever Rochelle has been waiting a letter for, I agree, it doesn't look promising.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 19, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »
Oh gosh, he's really something!! I love him! He and Rochelle look awesome together <3 He has a great style too! Her posing is fantastic, how she's holding her hair! Can't wait to see more :D
I love how photogenic Flint is! He's one of my faves. In that first photo of Rochelle holding her hair - my wife actually posed her like that. I have since put her hair in pigtails.

As far as whoever Rochelle has been waiting a letter for, I agree, it doesn't look promising.
I notice that there's nothing about "him" in her travel diary. They must have a Scaris TV special planned or something.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 19, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »
I don't care who he is - I just want a gargoyle boy with some big muscles!!!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 19, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
If they gave a different mold for him to be really buff, I can imagine him looking like Senior Senior Junior from Kim Possible. lol :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SajiNoKami

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1256 on: October 19, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
 ^.^
hi all, I was wondering if I could get advice on the best time to go look for monsters at the store, because every time I go, it looks like a tornado just hit the section. thanks.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 19, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »
In the morning, really. Like 9 am if possible. That's in my case, anyway.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1258 on: October 19, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
^.^
hi all, I was wondering if I could get advice on the best time to go look for monsters at the store, because every time I go, it looks like a tornado just hit the section. thanks.

I would say it depends on what store(s) you are going to. If I am going to TRU I go the morning of their shipments, which is different for different locations, right away when they open. As for other stores its hard to say because they get random shipments of toys in any day of the week. I would say skip Sunday since I believe walmart at least does not get shipments of anything then, and I believe Tuesday is the other day Walmart doesn't get shipments. Not sure about Target though. Supercenters of those stores typically seem to get more in selection wise as well, at least in my area. Hope that helps a little bit!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1259 on: October 19, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Quote from: SajiNoKami link=topic=309038.msg4712 :blink:21#msg471221 date=1350690787
^.^

I find that the best time for me is weekdays before the kids get out of school. I can't drive yet, so I never really get the chance to go out early in the morning (I suggested it, but my mom,who drives me around, wasn't very keen on it  :P )

I find it weird that now my Wal-Mart's swimming in Cupids O.o Even odder is that it's the S1600 version. Is this happening at anyone else's? Not that I'm complaining, of course!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal