collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37598 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1230 on: October 19, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »
I really hope its just the dance class dolls that pop up befor christmas and the scaris line will be the new basics of 2013
That's what I'm hoping too!
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 19, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »

See, I like this, because it's such a part of growing up and being a teen. It really gives her a flaw that makes her more believable and likable <3 No ones perfect after all. And it's not like she's hit on Duece or anything. They have talked. You can't help who you become attracted to, what you can help is your actions, and her actions so far have been on the up and up <3

Ditto!! You said it so well ;)

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #1232 on: October 19, 2012, 11:29:46 AM »
I remembered she had an awesome boyfriend back in Scaris while she was lusting after Deuce and it made me like Rochelle less. Then I read her diary and I can't stand to look at my Rochelle doll anymore.

THIS! True Story!

See, I like this, because it's such a part of growing up and being a teen. It really gives her a flaw that makes her more believable and likable <3 No ones perfect after all. And it's not like she's hit on Duece or anything. They have talked. You can't help who you become attracted to, what you can help is your actions, and her actions so far have been on the up and up <3

Having her pet steal his casketball so she can spend some one on one alone time with Deuce is manipulative, deceptive and just wrong. That's how I see it.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 19, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »
My take on Rochelle and Deuce, if they're both really liking each other, then they should date, IKR shoot me if you love Cleo, but it bothers me. Don't have an Omgcrushcrushcrush on someone if they're takentakentaken!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1234 on: October 19, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
I remembered she had an awesome boyfriend back in Scaris while she was lusting after Deuce and it made me like Rochelle less. Then I read her diary and I can't stand to look at my Rochelle doll anymore.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of Rochelles in the world though. Diary Rochelle is probably nothing like movie Rochelle, book Rochelle, webisode Rochelle, and most importantly YOUR Rochelle. Don't let a flimsy little paper thing ruin your enjoyment of a beautiful doll! :3

Offline Dakashy

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #1235 on: October 19, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of Rochelles in the world though. Diary Rochelle is probably nothing like movie Rochelle, book Rochelle, webisode Rochelle, and most importantly YOUR Rochelle. Don't let a flimsy little paper thing ruin your enjoyment of a beautiful doll! :3

That's why I'm retooting her. Making my own gorgeous gargoyle OC.

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 19, 2012, 12:28:48 PM »

THIS! True Story!

Having her pet steal his casketball so she can spend some one on one alone time with Deuce is manipulative, deceptive and just wrong. That's how I see it.

Again, she's a teenager and learning her way.  Manipulative, yes.  Do I think deuce is possibly smart enough to see through the ruse (well, the way they have him written half the time, maybe...the other half the time, no).  I don't mind it that much.... Probably because they also depict her as a bit awkward and lacking in proper social skills too, lol.  But then, I also love my Cleo and Toralei dolls even though their personalities have not always been represented as stellar- they are beautiful dolls. 

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1237 on: October 19, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »

THIS! True Story!

Again, she's a teenager and learning her way.  Manipulative, yes.  Do I think deuce is possibly smart enough to see through the ruse (well, the way they have him written half the time, maybe...the other half the time, no).  I don't mind it that much.... Probably because they also depict her as a bit awkward and lacking in proper social skills too, lol.  But then, I also love my Cleo and Toralei dolls even though their personalities have not always been represented as stellar- they are beautiful dolls. 

Beautiful dolls indeed!! I don't see her as being manipulative myself. I have seen plenty of people too nervous shy or unsure of how to approach someone. Rochelle made an excuse to talk to him. I don't see that as such a bad thing myself. It creates a more natural way to have a convo. Duece doesn't have to worry about turning her to stone, and Duece is a great guy. If he's interested in Rochelle (which I don't think he is) he's a decent enough guy to be up front and honest about it. Besides, sometimes we just find ourselves having chemistry with a person, relationship or none. Just because it starts off as a bit of a crush doesn't mean that it has to stay that way. Rochelle has even confided her feelings in someone else, who told her that it was heading for heart break. Lonely, in a new place, looking for where she fits in? I'd say she could be cut some slack. With how conceited Cleo can be, people aren't picking her apart.

It's all about preference. Cleo, in the webisodes, and all else, is with Duece and they're happy! It doesn't mean that in peoples own collections that they can't have other ideas and couples :)

Can we all remember that these are fictional dolls and not worth such drama among people who are real and breathing? this is all in fun lovies <3

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 19, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »
Saw classroom Lagoona at an independently owned toy store today but unfortunately they don't accept vouchers and I had to pass on her. :cry:
Being broke sucks…
I had fun looking at all their retro toys, figuarts, play arts, comics and other collectables though! So much Batman stuff I was drooling. :blush:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:53:31 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »

That's a positive way to find an alternative to deal with that situation. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1240 on: October 19, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
Saw classroom Lagoona at an independently owned toy store today but unfortunately they don't accept vouchers and I had to pass on her. :cry:
Being broke sucks…
I had fun looking at all their retro toys, figuarts, play arts, comics and other collectables though! So much Batman stuff I was drooling. :blush:

:hug:

I got paid today and my entire paycheck and then some went to BJDs. Probably won't even get them 'til next year, so yeah, I hear ya on the broke thing! I'll be broke with you, Chi. When I'm sad, I browse AmiAmi pre-orders and generally end up doing some 'preemptive shopping' ... lol!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Dakashy

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #1241 on: October 19, 2012, 03:13:13 PM »

She is a lovely doll and I got some gorgeous hair. Win-Win!

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 19, 2012, 03:14:08 PM »

She is a lovely doll and I got some gorgeous hair. Win-Win!

Post pics when she's done :D

Offline Dakashy

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #1243 on: October 19, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »

THIS! True Story!

Also! I love Toralei! She is so deliciously catty. =^,..,^=

And yes Kiss, I will post pics, might be a while as I am trying to finish Leah and my hands have been hurting really badly.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 19, 2012, 03:40:22 PM »

THIS! True Story!

Also! I love Toralei! She is so deliciously catty. =^,..,^=

And yes Kiss, I will post pics, might be a while as I am trying to finish Leah and my hands have been hurting really badly.

carpel tunnel ? :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal