collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37462 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1155 on: October 17, 2012, 05:17:59 PM »
I feel awful, but I think I may be falling out of love with some of my girls... I'm thinking maybe I should stop displaying the ones I feel that way about for a while and see if that helps...
Perhaps give them new hairdos or buy them some new outfits...?
Ugh... Probably just me being sick and hating everything at the moment.. who knows.. :cry: Feels horrible..
Sorry to hear that. I have had some that I never really bonded with in the first place, but none that I have actually fallen out of love with, as it were.

On a different note, I am curious to find out more about the Swim line Venus. I wonder if she will still have flocking on her head. Just seems to me like swimming + flocking isn't such a great idea. I mean, how many kids would see "swim line" and think "Oh, I can play with them in the bath!" and so they plonk their Venus in the water and ... "Mommy! She's going bald!"
I don't really know why it happened.. Maybe I didn't bond with them as much as I thought. :(
Also I'm curious too! I can see that happening.. "Oh she's in a swimsuit!!! She can go in the tub with me!!! YAY!" suddenly your kid is covered in pink flocking, the doll is bald, it's stuck to your tub or something and a parent is upset. :/

Thanks for the advice, Tuney!! :hug: I hope we can "re-kindle" our love lol.

@Luvly: I hope so too..  :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1156 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:05 PM »
LOL! That's just the seller's photo of the dress. I don't have a pic of my Venus in it. Yet!
LOL. OK.

lol I was thinking the saame thing. :P All I pray for is that she has a whole head of hair and doesn't have too many piercings on her ear like her signature release does.

I hope something makes you fall in love with your dolls again Chi. :hug:
On that note, I have been having trouble bonding with my Venus. I decided to keep the first one, bald spot and all, but there's still a lot I don't like about Venus in general. I don't like her shoes (or her pants for that matter); I don't like those vine things that wrap around her arms and legs; and while I do like her shaved head (and her multi-pierced ear), I don't like how long the rest of her hair is. I think I'd have preferred a proper Mohawk like DotD Lagoona's.

So maybe I just need to find some other clothes for her to wear ...

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 17, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
I feel awful, but I think I may be falling out of love with some of my girls... I'm thinking maybe I should stop displaying the ones I feel that way about for a while and see if that helps...
Perhaps give them new hairdos or buy them some new outfits...?
Ugh... Probably just me being sick and hating everything at the moment.. who knows.. :cry: Feels horrible..
Sorry to hear that. I have had some that I never really bonded with in the first place, but none that I have actually fallen out of love with, as it were.

On a different note, I am curious to find out more about the Swim line Venus. I wonder if she will still have flocking on her head. Just seems to me like swimming + flocking isn't such a great idea. I mean, how many kids would see "swim line" and think "Oh, I can play with them in the bath!" and so they plonk their Venus in the water and ... "Mommy! She's going bald!"
I don't really know why it happened.. Maybe I didn't bond with them as much as I thought. :(
Also I'm curious too! I can see that happening.. "Oh she's in a swimsuit!!! She can go in the tub with me!!! YAY!" suddenly your kid is covered in pink flocking, the doll is bald, it's stuck to your tub or something and a parent is upset. :/

Thanks for the advice, Tuney!! :hug: I hope we can "re-kindle" our love lol.

@Luvly: I hope so too..  :(

Which girls are you having trouble liking?

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1158 on: October 17, 2012, 07:03:17 PM »
I'm in a car for 10 hours and the whole Monster High world blows up with new pictures! OMG Cleo! I must have those fashions! I can't wait! Bye bye all my money!! Hey, I've got a Birthday coming up in January......

SajiNoKami

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1159 on: October 17, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »
The New Scaris Line will hopefully be out soon... if they are sending them to people.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/87220450@N06/8096970666/

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 17, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »
I'm really loving the Scaris Rochelle! Those shoes <3

Also hip hip hooray for Cleo and new fashions. These will all be very tempting ;) but money money money :hot:

Offline creedence

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 17, 2012, 08:32:57 PM »
My target had two werewolf sisters but I had no money to buy them for anyone.  I could try again Friday, they were $30.

SajiNoKami

« Reply #1162 on: October 17, 2012, 09:52:07 PM »
are you willing to share what target?  ^.^
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:30:49 PM by SajiNoKami »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 17, 2012, 09:56:45 PM »
My target had two werewolf sisters but I had no money to buy them for anyone.  I could try again Friday, they were $30.

OMG! I've been looking all over for them! If you could snag me a pair with a good face-up, I'd be super grateful!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 17, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
I saw them today too. Luckily I got mine a while ago when they were on clearance.

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 17, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »
A Dance Class Rochelle?? Where'd that come from??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1167 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:43 PM »
3.0 looks good but I think they should release Wydowna, Heath and Gil signatures! That would make me happy!  :frolic: Get some NEW characters in there!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1168 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »
3.0 looks good but I think they should release Wydowna, Heath and Gil signatures! That would make me happy!  :frolic: Get some NEW characters in there!
They may still do that. Not all of the dolls are announced or leaked ahead of time (eg. the I <3 Fashion dolls).

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 18, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »
I'm super happy about an Abbey with bangs! She's going to look adorable! It's such an obvious thing to do with her apparently-extremely-difficult-to-style-hair, if the constant ponytails are any indication. I really like a lot of the new dresses too. Disappointed in Deuce's shorts (there aren't NEARLY enough clothes for MH boys, especially pants), and a little bit in the fact that he has the same "snake-style" as his signature, even if it is his usual look. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal