collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37317 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1065 on: October 16, 2012, 05:30:10 PM »
 :blush:I used to dance at a fetish club....so yeah, I've worn many a crazy heels.  I would have loved to wear those spiky red shoes!!:blush:
Of course that was many years ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1066 on: October 16, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
My student's shoes today were last *fabulous* but they were still raised platform loafer-type shoes with the raised part a plush leopard print..... :sigh:

Anyways. I got Schools Out Cleo from eBay today, and I am loving her! Only thing is, I think her diamond thingie on her cheek is weird. This one is more vertical, and my SS Cleo's is more horizontal. Is that normal?

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1067 on: October 16, 2012, 05:57:22 PM »
My School's Out Cleo's diamond birthmark is vertical as well. I haven't got any other Cleos to compare it to, though.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1068 on: October 16, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »
My School's Out Cleo's diamond birthmark is vertical as well. I haven't got any other Cleos to compare it to, though.
Thanks, pukunui. I don't feel bad now. Her lipstick is also fantastic :)

I am going out of town tomorrow to a conference with several other teachers. I feel the need to take one of my girls with me, but a 26-year-old math teacher that still needs a dolly to sleep at night..... I dunno if I should.... and then there is the "Well who do I take?" question.

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 16, 2012, 09:22:53 PM »
I can't travel without my favorite stuffed animal, Peter Penguin. I've had him since '91 and I cannot sleep without him still.

I am going out of town tomorrow to a conference with several other teachers. I feel the need to take one of my girls with me, but a 26-year-old math teacher that still needs a dolly to sleep at night..... I dunno if I should.... and then there is the "Well who do I take?" question.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1070 on: October 16, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »

I think I may have a problem. :blush:
Also sig Lagoona's hair couldn't be totally saved so I had to put it up..  Maybe I'll throw adhesive remover on it later but I like her curls.. :c
Yes. Your problem is that you only have 4 Lagoonas!

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 16, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
I need some opinions. I'm thinking about getting the fearleading 3 pack from tru, because I really like the Ghoulia with that set (love those pink lips!). Anyways, I know for sure I will sell/trade the Draculaura in the set, but since I don't have a Cleo yet I'll probably keep her. I would really love to give her a bob cut though, because the Cleos with short hair are so pretty. Anyhoo, has anyone cut fearleading Cleos hair, and has it come out ok?
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
Yes it is! Also, her slanted haircut and the teal streaks! I reckon she's the best Cleo out of all of them (which is why she's the only one I've got).

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 16, 2012, 10:38:28 PM »
Yes it is! Also, her slanted haircut and the teal streaks! I reckon she's the best Cleo out of all of them (which is why she's the only one I've got).

So much agreement! (Though Skull Shores gives her a run for her money... if anyone has one for sale, I am looking!). I detinseled her as well since the tinsel on mine was really scraggly, and she's just amazing!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:03 PM »
So much agreement! (Though Skull Shores gives her a run for her money... if anyone has one for sale, I am looking!). I detinseled her as well since the tinsel on mine was really scraggly, and she's just amazing!
Not a fan of the Skull Shores Cleo myself. The only other one I'd consider getting is DotD Cleo, but I've already got her outfit by itself and it looks pretty rad on SO Cleo, so I'm good. I only need one Cleo. Oh, and most of the tinsel has come out of my Cleo's hair, although I didn't deliberately take it all out at once ... it was just that every time I've brushed her hair, another strand of tinsel has gone scraggly or come apart into separate pieces, and so I end up ripping that bit out. Now she mostly just has the dark brown and teal streaks in her black hair, which I really like. Gives her a bit more color. Oh, and I got lucky and found a doll whose eyes aren't so far apart that they make her look wall-eyed.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
Not a fan of the Skull Shores Cleo myself. The only other one I'd consider getting is DotD Cleo, but I've already got her outfit by itself and it looks pretty rad on SO Cleo, so I'm good. I only need one Cleo. Oh, and most of the tinsel has come out of my Cleo's hair, although I didn't deliberately take it all out at once ... it was just that every time I've brushed her hair, another strand of tinsel has gone scraggly or come apart into separate pieces, and so I end up ripping that bit out. Now she mostly just has the dark brown and teal streaks in her black hair, which I really like. Gives her a bit more color. Oh, and I got lucky and found a doll whose eyes aren't so far apart that they make her look wall-eyed.

My Cleo's tinsel did that as well which I thought strange since that never happened with any of my ponies. In any case, she looks fabulous without it so I'm pleased :) DoDT Cleo is also pretty awesome once you get the glue out of her hair. I really wish they'd put her in more lines. However, I suspect that she's not done so well since not all of her releases have stood out in comparison to the other monsters. They need to really play up her Egyptian heritage! They could make some fantastic, creative outfits that way!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 16, 2012, 11:05:27 PM »
They need to really play up her Egyptian heritage! They could make some fantastic, creative outfits that way!
Absolutely! I know she's also not as popular because she doesn't look like a monster, but I'm a sucker for all things ancient Egyptian, so I love her despite that. Plus, she has such an intense, haunting stare in all the photos I take of her, almost as if she's alive ...

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »
They need to really play up her Egyptian heritage! They could make some fantastic, creative outfits that way!
Absolutely! I know she's also not as popular because she doesn't look like a monster, but I'm a sucker for all things ancient Egyptian, so I love her despite that. Plus, she has such an intense, haunting stare in all the photos I take of her, almost as if she's alive ...

OMG yes! She's a really edgy doll, and her colour scheme (when they remember to add the teal) is so striking! (Arranges a little love-in for Cleo on the boards). There's no reason why she has to look less like a monster than the other girls!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 16, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »
OMG yes! She's a really edgy doll, and her colour scheme (when they remember to add the teal) is so striking! (Arranges a little love-in for Cleo on the boards). There's no reason why she has to look less like a monster than the other girls!
I think what people keep forgetting is that both Cleo and Nefera are mummies and that they have to have at least one bandage on them at all times or else they crumble to dust. So while they themselves might not look like mummies, if you remember to keep some bandages on them no matter what other kinds of clothes you put on them, then there's still a little bit of something monstrous about them ...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 16, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »
I still see them as Mummies, but if they painted on like a bandage wrap/s on either of their wrists/forearms or ankle/calves that might be a good way to give her a more Mummy-ish look. Seeing them with only the Eye of Rahish style eye and diamond beauty mark, the first thing that would pop into my head if I had no knowledge of MH would be that they're normies with Egyptian heritage or something.

Has anyone ever completely detinsiled a Cleo and added some gold/blonde colored hair to replace them?
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal