collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37510 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #930 on: October 13, 2012, 07:41:11 AM »
Does Howleen fit on the same stands the other dolls come with? I want Dance Class Howleen when she comes out, but I would need to get a stand for her since I only have a small part of my desk for displaying my dolls and so they all have to stand. I know she's smaller, so that's why I was wondering if she fits ok on the stands the other dolls come with.

I really hope Catrine DeMew comes with a stand. The absence of the large suitcase the Deluxe dolls come with makes me think she'll be part of the budget Scaris dolls and those ones don't come with stands.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #931 on: October 13, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
Am I the only one a little concerned about the fact that there are no new Cleo dolls speculated to come out soon? All we've gotten lately are Ghouls Rule. I am a huge Cleo fan, and with the recent trip to Scaris, and all of the Rochelle/Deuce drama, I'm just a little concerned..... I am totally siding with Cleo!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 13, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
Am I the only one a little concerned about the fact that there are no new Cleo dolls speculated to come out soon? All we've gotten lately are Ghouls Rule. I am a huge Cleo fan, and with the recent trip to Scaris, and all of the Rochelle/Deuce drama, I'm just a little concerned..... I am totally siding with Cleo!

I'm right there with you rayedelsol. Cleo's one of my absolute favorites of the ghouls and it's been bumming me out that she's getting the short end of the stick lately. In my neck of the woods at least, I've noticed that pretty much every release of her has sat around on shelves unfortunately, so Mattel may not be seeing much of a demand for her at the moment when compared to the rest. :/

I would have loved Cleo in the thin-boxed Scaris assortment, especially since her boyfriend was included (I really hope they don't have Deuce leave Cleo for Rochelle). I'm getting a bit worn out on the big three at the moment (Abbey/Ghoulia/Draculaura) and wish they had went with some of the characters that received less focus this year.

Does Howleen fit on the same stands the other dolls come with? I want Dance Class Howleen when she comes out, but I would need to get a stand for her since I only have a small part of my desk for displaying my dolls and so they all have to stand. I know she's smaller, so that's why I was wondering if she fits ok on the stands the other dolls come with.

The regular female stands will fit Howleeen just fine. Despite her being shorter, her waist is actually similar in diameter to the other girls.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:31:50 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 13, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »
Ghouls Rule kind of faked me out on the Cleo/Deuce relationship and what was going to happen. I've never been a Cleo fan but she seems to work well with Deuce. On the other hand, the story about Deuce not being able to turn Rochelle to stone is so cute! I'm curious to see what will happen. The TRU shelves are full of poor Cleo and I've seen several kids pass on her for some of the more colorful monsters.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 13, 2012, 09:42:32 AM »
Poor Cleo :( She really has so much potential! I'm not a huge fan of the Cleo Dolls, but I've been waiting for my right Cleo to arrive. And she is supposed to be with Deuce! I hope she'll have a great comeback wery soon! :)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 13, 2012, 09:47:37 AM »
I think that if Deuce leaves Cleo and later ends up with Rochelle, that wouldn't be so bad, but if he leaves Cleo /for/ Rochelle, that would be weird.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 13, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
I wonder if there is a real reason to why some dolls have tons of versions (Draculaura, Frankie, Ghoulia, Abbey, Clawdeen etc) where others don't. Is it really because the sell so much better? Because everytime I go looking for MH dolls, I find tons of Draculaura, Clawdeen, Ghoulia, Abbey and Frankie but rarely see anyone else. Besides Cleo, Lagoona seems to be kind of neglected as well. Most of her releases have been in the budget lines.

I think the Scaris dolls should have included Cleo, Spectra and Lagoona. Maybe if the Scaris line does well enough they could do a second wave with them.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 13, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »
I FOUND ROBECCA! I manned up and got up early and was at walmart by 10 am. they had so much stock! I originally went to get the ddg three pack with hopes of seeing Robecca or Venus and they were all there. Broke me could only pick one, and Venus had a wonky eye, the three pack was 13$ more, and Rpbecca was just too GROGEOUS to put down. *sigh* She's even better in real life. SO HAPPY.

MelodyMistress

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #938 on: October 13, 2012, 10:28:56 AM »
Thought I'd post a heads up that Angelic Dreamz is having a big Monster High sale this weekend and many of the dolls are now below suggested retail:
http://www.angelicdreamz.com/search.asp?keyword=monster+high&search.x=0&search.y=0

Am I seeing that right? a B&W Frankie for $3.99?

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #939 on: October 13, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »
Oh man, there are places where Cleo is still on the shelf? She is NO where here. Even the Ghouls Rule version is hard to come by. I am picking up the next GR I find, but other than that, there are no other Cleos around here. Which versions are you guys seeing??

If Deuce goes to Scaris and falls for Rochelle, I will chunk my Rochelle doll across the room!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 13, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
I FOUND ROBECCA! I manned up and got up early and was at walmart by 10 am. they had so much stock! I originally went to get the ddg three pack with hopes of seeing Robecca or Venus and they were all there. Broke me could only pick one, and Venus had a wonky eye, the three pack was 13$ more, and Rpbecca was just too GROGEOUS to put down. *sigh* She's even better in real life. SO HAPPY.
That's great that you found her!! I've never woken up super early to go hunting, no matter how hard I try and set my alarm(s) up. XD

Oh man, there are places where Cleo is still on the shelf? She is NO where here. Even the Ghouls Rule version is hard to come by. I am picking up the next GR I find, but other than that, there are no other Cleos around here. Which versions are you guys seeing??

If Deuce goes to Scaris and falls for Rochelle, I will chunk my Rochelle doll across the room!
Wow, now that you mention it and now that I think about it.....I haven't seen any Cleo whatsoever, other than the Ghouls Rule Cleo as well as the SS one in the 5-pack. Those are the only 2 I see. >_<

Don't chuck Rochelle across the room! She might shatter into a gazillion little stone pieces! >,<
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 13, 2012, 10:43:03 AM »
I actually haven't seen any Cleos in awhile. Way back I remember always seeing tons of the Cleo/Deuce set and I remember thinking she wasn't as popular, but I think that maybe it was actually just the price of the set that kept it around for ages.

What always bothered me about Cleo is how she always has tinsel in her hair. I hate tinsel. Plus, she seems to look cock-eyed a lot more than any other character.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 13, 2012, 10:45:31 AM »

Don't. You. Dare!

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #943 on: October 13, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »

Don't. You. Dare!

Oh, she'll fly. It probably won't be under the power of her own wings either :)

Post Merge: October 13, 2012, 10:47:09 AM

I actually haven't seen any Cleos in awhile. Way back I remember always seeing tons of the Cleo/Deuce set and I remember thinking she wasn't as popular, but I think that maybe it was actually just the price of the set that kept it around for ages.

What always bothered me about Cleo is how she always has tinsel in her hair. I hate tinsel. Plus, she seems to look cock-eyed a lot more than any other character.

I would kill for a Cleo/Deuce 2-pack! I have never seen one. I wasn't even looking in the toy isles when they were around. The prices on eBay for them are just crazy!!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #944 on: October 13, 2012, 10:48:56 AM »
I feel like the only one who actually is kinda rooting for Rochelle to be with Duece *ducks and hides*

I think Cleos starting to grow on me, but a love triangle never hurt any one, so long as the fanbase doesn't start clawing at each other over who they do or do not support. this is all in fun, and no matter what happens in the webisodes or int he main line, we can still have our own private story line. Thats the beauty of doll collecting. My Opereta is dating Jackson, and my Rochelle is pining over Duece, who I plan to buy from the scaris line.

I support my own ideas, but more than that, I support everyone having a right to love what they love, even if it differs from my preferences. I hope that no matter what happens we can all still get along well.

I guess I'm afraid of re witnessing another fanbase divided by a love triangle v,v

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal