collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37293 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #900 on: October 11, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »
That's weird that they're making you send her back at your expense. I've complained about two of my dolls so far, and both times I was sent a replacement right away (like I got the shipping confirmation email at the same time as the email from customer service) without having to send anything back to them. The first time I just told them all the issues I had with the doll (hair falling out, knee that wouldn't turn, head that won't tilt forward, etc) and pretty much just let them know that I think they should have more quality control for the dolls and they apologized and said they're going to send me a replacement. Then the second time, I contacted them because Spectra's arm was badly bent/curved and wanted to know if they had replacement arms for her that they could send me. They said they didn't have them for her, but would send me a new Spectra.

Both cases were this month (Oct. 4th for Rochelle and Oct. 11th for Spectra) so if they changed their policy, apparently not everyone got the memo. Out of curiosity, how did you contact them? Both times, I went to this page: http://service.mattel.com/us/ContactUs.aspx and clicked on "Email Us" at the bottom of the page. Maybe the people who cover emails don't have the same policies as the ones covering chat or phone complaints? Have you ever complained and had them send you a replacement before? I figure they must have a list of people who have complained before and maybe you get so many before they make you return the dolls?
We've gotten quite a few replacements (all without having to return anything + one voucher, but it's been under one or the other for names because it's been split between our dolls).. though this might be because we did it via the chat, as they asked us to do that as they didn't know which Lagoona they were talking about (despite us putting the correct product number, mind you!). But yes, it seems to be all over the place with how they handle their customer complaints because people have either had to send them back or not send them back and it's so.. spotty how they ask. I just wish it would be one blanket thing :|.

I will admit the only thing that bothers me is us having to front the cost of all the sending, since at that point it will be FAR more than what they're willing to send us in return.. nearly $22 for the doll, about $5 or so to get a bubble mailer then the cost of shipping + Certificate of Mailing is gonna be a lot more than what DDG Lagoona is :<. It also doesn't help that originally the rep said they would send a box + the pre-paid postage.

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #901 on: October 11, 2012, 09:39:45 PM »
I like Scaris Lala's skirt ... which happenes to be a recolored version of Ghoulia's fashion pack skirt, which I quite like. I might have to get a Scaris Lala just for her skirt. LOL.

You and me both Puku, you and me both.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 11, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »
What they should do then is send the replacement doll and include a prepaid postage label inside the box that you could then slap over the old label and ship out the defective doll in the box the replacement came in. I've done that more than once with different companies. I remember doing this with Sony twice when I used to have a Vaio desktop computer. One time I had to have the keyboard replaced and the other time it was the monitor. They'd send the replacement, and gave me so many days to send back the defective item. If I didn't send it back, they'd charge the credit card they had on file for the full amount. I really wish all companies would handle RMAs like this.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 11, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »
If they're starting to reuse clothes from fashion packs, but in different colors, is that a good thing or a bad thing??
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #904 on: October 11, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
If they're starting to reuse clothes from fashion packs, but in different colors, is that a good thing or a bad thing??
Well, it's obviously a cost-saving thing. They did it with the I <3 Fashion dolls too.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
*head desk* Durr. I completely forgot about that. Can't believe that slipped my mind. =_=; Stupid brain farts.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 12, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »
Hmm..I retract my previous statement about Dance class Robecca, I don't like her at all after seeing those pics, but Dance Howleen and Lagoona look better than I thought though I can't say I like them either.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 12:57:48 AM by mlly »

isilra

« Reply #907 on: October 12, 2012, 01:09:26 AM »
After seeing new pics I think that I don´t like Robecca´s lipstick. It makes her look a bit harsh. I like more her signature version. Dance dolls Lagoona and Operetta looks really cute but Operetta looks always the same. And Howleen´s clothes are still boring. So I am waiting for Lagoona.

Jang

« Reply #908 on: October 12, 2012, 02:53:02 AM »
Haha, am I the only one who likes Robecca mainly because of her lips?  :biggrin:
I have signature Robecca's clothes and accessories, I think I buy the DC doll instead of the signature one and give the sig. clothes to her.
I think I might have to get the Operetta, since I have all the previous Operetta's too. :lookround:
And yet another Lagoona I don't like :/ I don't know what wrong, I really haven't liked any other Lagoona except the CR version.
And Howleen is just meh.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 12, 2012, 04:12:29 AM »
Ya know, I think I might've liked this Operetta more if she was the ballerina! Would've been a better tie-in to her monster heritage...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 12, 2012, 05:26:15 AM »
Are people still spotting the I love fashion dolls? We don't have them in Canada.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 12, 2012, 05:35:12 AM »
I love all of them! I don't take my dolls hair down, or boil perm them out of their original styles, so I'm excited for an Operetta with her hair down!

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 12, 2012, 05:58:04 AM »
Hey, anyone else think that in Ghouls Rule, Jackson's face looked like a pretty boy K-pop star? It's all I could think about! He was so cute!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 12, 2012, 06:05:39 AM »
Hey, anyone else think that in Ghouls Rule, Jackson's face looked like a pretty boy K-pop star? It's all I could think about! He was so cute!
Yes! I was just kinda staring at him and was thinking... "Wow, in the CGI Jackson kinda looks like a cute Asian boy... Icy like." XD. Makes me even more upset at how... awkward.. the guy dolls are, Jackson/Holt especially.

Offline xkelpiex

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 12, 2012, 06:19:34 AM »
I knoooow. Jackson's doll looks....eugh. I wish they had given him a softer face shape and a thinner nose. Or even just make him lik GR, because he would SO be in my collection then.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal