collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37319 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #855 on: October 11, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »
The more I look at the dance class dolls the more I kind of dig them. I am especially looking forward to an Operetta with straight hair! I hate the curly nest of a mess my signature doll had and the DDG doll has her original hair style still. I also really like the Howleen with the pigtails.. and pink.. pink wins. Not sure about Lagoona or Robecca though, will have to wait for them to come to stores. I passed on the RM dolls though so I don't feel guilty buying any of these, although the longer those RM dolls look at me the more tempted I am to get Frankie and Lagoona.. argghh
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #856 on: October 11, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
Ugh, those dance class dolls are bad. I don't like how their outfits are randomly mismatched patterns. It doesn't look like much thought was put into them.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #857 on: October 11, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »
I have to agree about the mismatched outfits.. I don't really understand why they all mismatch. Looking past the mismatched outfits though the dolls themselves I like
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:13 PM »
I like Howleens hair so I'll probably get her. but the rest.. no thanks :( They look low-budget to me. Have they really REALLY even tried to interpret the dance styles? I can't see much of the styles in them at all :'(
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 11, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52380108@N03/sets/72157631747311451/
The pic Puku posted is from this Flickr. I hope I am allowed to post this. :blush:

That's my friend; it's linked, he wont care. As long as no one is claiming it as their own lol. Been waiting for them to show up, he messaged me to tell me they came this morning.

Have to say, as much as I'm still not in LOVE with this line, seeing decent pics out of box has made me like them more. Still more excited for Scaris :P

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 11, 2012, 01:43:24 PM »
I have to say less than low budget. To me they look kinda like designs for a beach line that didn't get chosen and were scrapped, but then brought back as dance "leotard" outfits to make into another line. Maybe that's why their outfits look so mismatched. >,<;
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #861 on: October 11, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »
I am assuming they do not come with stands either?
Darn!
Need more stands!

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 11, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »
I guess slim boxed dolls won't be getting stands anymore. >,<;

I wonder if it's possible to make molds with the MH stands and make casts of them. I bet there'd be some amazing styles of stands to match with certain dolls. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »
I'll be buying the Dance dolls, but I won't like doing so :lol:

It'll be hard keeping these girls in stock clothing, that's for sure.  I'm going be itching to make outfits that match.  Maybe I'll just custom create all new clothes for them.  That might be fun:)

I'm loving Scaris Lala!  So excited for that line!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 11, 2012, 02:19:04 PM »
I am assuming they do not come with stands either?
Darn!
Need more stands!

Nope, no stands. He was not happy about it either, because he uses a big glass display case and likes all of his monsters to have stands. It's actually a very nice display... not sure if he has it on his flickr. But he buys dolls for all of the fashions as well. It almost looks like MH museum display!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 11, 2012, 02:23:25 PM »
Now that I've seen those new pics of Dance Class Howleen, I definitely want her. She's adorable. I'll have to find or make another outfit for her, though. I don't like her pajama outfit. I love Lagoona's face up, but I'm still not liking the outfit. I just see those colors, and think of Draculaura. I think if I don't manage to get a Classroom Lagoona when they're re-released, then I'll pick up Dance Class Lagoona instead.

And seeing Scaris Draculaura out of the box, she doesn't look as pretty as the promo pic, so I'm going to pass on her. It's probably for the best anyhow, since I already have a Lala, and I have limited room for dolls.

Edit: I just read about the no stands thing. Why wouldn't they include stands? Do they even sell stands separately? I didn't see them on their site.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:29:13 PM by ShortyBoo »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 11, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »
Nope, no stands. He was not happy about it either, because he uses a big glass display case and likes all of his monsters to have stands. It's actually a very nice display... not sure if he has it on his flickr. But he buys dolls for all of the fashions as well. It almost looks like MH museum display!
Now that, I would love to see. I always wanted to get a big glass display for something (Like my MH Dolls). Maybe this will give me some inspiration or ideas. :P
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 11, 2012, 02:33:15 PM »
Ugh no stands. That really bothers me. I reaaaaaaaly don't wanna pay 4 bucks per stand directly from their greedy butts.... I guess I'll have to find some tutorials to make my own stands (yes that can cost more but at least it doesn't go directly to Mattel :<)

But I actually like Operetta and Howleen outta box. Howleen's hair just needs to come down (or at least in a different updo, since we know how Mattel loves to hair their updos!)...

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 11, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »
OMG THAT HOWLEEN HOOOOLLYYYYYY! I also like Robecca. i'll pick up Lagoona for the sake of my Goon collection, but I will pass on Operretta, like always.

In other news, I FOUND GR ABBEY! I know, not that big, but it is to me. She wa sooo cheap, too. Like ten bucks cheaper than normal and she's gorgeous.
They also had DDG three pack which I will be getting next week. I want to sell the Lala, though. How ,uch would be a good pricw to charge for her? Is 20$ too much?

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #869 on: October 11, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
I don't think DDG Lala is all that sought after, I've had mine pseudo for sale since I got her and 0 interest.

as for the dance class, getting Lagoona and a couple of Howleens. Yay cheap howleens.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal