collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37196 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #600 on: October 05, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »
Shorter was requested.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I LOVE! How are you feeling about it?

Post Merge: October 05, 2012, 08:09:57 PM

I think a seller on ebay has the dance class dolls! i just saw them *is suspicious of them but they look real*

OMG! Search "Monster High Dance" and you'll get the hits. Howleen's hair looks so cute! Though I wouldn't have minded more interesting outfits. Mind you, out of box shots will probably make me fall in love!

Don't hate me, but based on these photos, they are not what I'd been hoping for at all :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:09:57 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 05, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »
I think a seller on ebay has the dance class dolls! i just saw them *is suspicious of them but they look real*

OMG! Search "Monster High Dance" and you'll get the hits. Howleen's hair looks so cute! Though I wouldn't have minded more interesting outfits. Mind you, out of box shots will probably make me fall in love!

Don't hate me, but based on these photos, they are not what I'd been hoping for at all :(

I have to agree, i'm especially disapointed in Howleen, and is it just me or do most of the new dolls released recently seem to have ponytails?!  :blink:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 05, 2012, 08:18:46 PM »
How I feel right now!

In box pictures do not wow me, at all. I want Howleen, really only because I never found the two-pack at Target and at least I'd have a Howleen. I kinda like Operetta, at least her outfit, and I need to replace mine... I hope someone finds these in a store, and isn't a scalper so some pics can surface outta box...

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 05, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
From what you can see in the pictures of the Dance Class dolls, they do look cute. I can't wait to see actual, clear shots of them.

Although, does anyone else find it a bit odd that this seller supposedly has them in hand and read to ship, but Mattel hasn't even released promo shots yet? Makes me kinda skeptical.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 05, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »
Shorter was requested.

Post Merge: October 05, 2012, 08:09:57 PM

I'm not too impressed either :) (Just hoping that I end up liking them!) I do really like Howleen's hair... but really not feeling the outfits on any of them. Too plain. Though Robecca might be interesting once we see a better photo?

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #605 on: October 05, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »
From what you can see in the pictures of the Dance Class dolls, they do look cute. I can't wait to see actual, clear shots of them.

Although, does anyone else find it a bit odd that this seller supposedly has them in hand and read to ship, but Mattel hasn't even released promo shots yet? Makes me kinda skeptical.
I'm worried that they are selling goods from a stolen case or something :(

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #606 on: October 05, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »
I'm worried that they are selling goods from a stolen case or something :(
They probably got them on Taobao, which is basically the online Chinese black market. Just about everything on that site has been stolen from the factories. So yes, that eBay seller most likely is selling stolen goods. Some people just don't care. I'm sure some people even get a thrill out of it.

Anyway, Howleen looks pretty cute. The rest of them ... meh. If those are the actual dolls, I'll be giving them a miss.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #607 on: October 05, 2012, 08:36:20 PM »
Yeah, that's why I quit buying stuff from TaoBao :c Hasbro and Mattel can't improve their products if they aren't getting any money! Still, that Lagoona is tempting; are those TENTACLE ballet shoes??? @_@

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 05, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
Yeah, that's why I quit buying stuff from TaoBao :c Hasbro and Mattel can't improve their products if they aren't getting any money! Still, that Lagoona is tempting; are those TENTACLE ballet shoes??? @_@
I asked a Hasbro rep about Taobao once - back when that prototype G4 Minty was making the rounds - and they said there's nothing on that site that's legit (at least in terms of their own products) and that they're trying to do something about it ... I don't think there's really anything they can do about it other than pay their factory workers well enough that they don't feel the need to steal stuff and sell it on the black market. And while those of us with scruples can stand on principle and say we won't buy anything from places like Taobao, there are too many people out there who are too greedy to care. They want something that no one else has, or they want it before everyone else has it.  :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:41:33 PM by pukunui »

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 05, 2012, 08:48:57 PM »
The dolls look real the art just looks a little.. off... to me somehow, i dunno maybe they changed it slightly.

I think it might have something to do with the artists changing. I know Howleen's art on the official website looks significantly different than the earlier characters, and I can see it in the weretwins as well. It was around the time that they were added to the lineup that the artists changed.

Definitely not what I was expecting. Can't say as I'm too excited now that I've seen them, but they are in-box. I reserve the right to fall in love when I see them out of box and properly styled.

I think Howleen is my biggest disappointment; I was expecting an actual pink afro, not pink pigtails. And her top looks sort of like Lagoona's yoga/Coffin Bean outfit. Meh. Lagoona's outfits are hit or miss (love her 2.0 and I think her signature outfit is really cute, minus the platform flip-flops), and this one is a miss for me.

I do like what I can make out of Robecca's outfit; looks like she's "Tap" as opposed to the 80s inspired ensemble that the blurb brought to mind by "the Robot". And Operetta looks like hers might be fun.

I feel the same about these as I did initially with the RM line. It's grown on me, but I wasn't very impressed when they originally showed pics at Toy Fair. Both lines are definitely a bit different than the usual offerings, so props to the creative team for that. But I feel that both RM and DC are designed by a "B" team, where they lack a certain amount of imagination. There's something missing that even DT and the swimsuit lines had, a uniqueness, Now, Scaris seems to have "it", in my opinion. So MH hasn't quite jumped to "Gothic Barbie" quite yet.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #610 on: October 05, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »
I would have loved these as fashion packs ;_;

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 05, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »
Yes! More fashion packs, fewer repeats of the same dolls over and over again please!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 05, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
Yes! More fashion packs, fewer repeats of the same dolls over and over again please!

LIKE X FOREVER. Unless the doll is substantially different with new hair and legitimately new face-up, can I just buy the clothing and save some display space?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:21:59 PM by Catlein »

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 05, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »
Seriously.

Offline Dakashy

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Dakashy's Tumblr
« Reply #614 on: October 05, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
Shorter was requested.

I have to confess I am not any happier with her.  :(

I put her away for now and perhaps in a few weeks I will feel different.

Post Merge: October 05, 2012, 09:23:17 PM

Academic squirrel- I loooveeee your Rochelle with a short bob! I totally want to buy one just to bob cut her hair so I can have one long haired and the other bobbed. She's adorable *takes rochelle and sneaks off* lol

Don't steal my Rochelle! Even if I am mad at her right now.

<.<
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:23:17 PM by AcademicSquirrel »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal