collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37353 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #465 on: October 01, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »
Anyone on here use tumblr? I've just discovered that someone has not only posted one of my photos on their tumblr without providing links back to Flickr, but they've also edited it. I can't find any way to contact the user directly. I *have* just sent tumblr a copyright infringement notice. I am wondering, though ... it looks like 33 other tumblr users have reblogged or liked this user's photo. If tumblr removes it, will it delete it from all those other people's blogs too, or do I need to report every single one of the blogs that reblogged it as well?

It's this one, in case you are wondering: http://marsmcflytrap.tumblr.com/

Yes, they will remove all reblogs. I remember when one MH blog I followed put up the leaked pictures of the Scaris girls and the new CAM sets, and I reblogged it, only to find, the next day, that my post was gone. Don't worry, everything will be fine. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but mattel has free shipping right now on monster high.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 01, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »
Hi, I would like some advice and I don't know where else to ask but here so..
In my country the dolls are very pricey and we do not get exclusives, and I don't have paypal so I can't buy overseas(shipping to my country is also quite expensive). So I was lucky to find an online seller on Facebook who has pre-orders of various products from the US and back in late August the seller had put the "I <3 Fashion" dolls available on pre-order. That time I pmed the seller to just ask for the price (php1800 aka 43usd each and even allowed to lower it to 1700php as last price) so I can save up for them and did not order yet as I did not have the cash yet to be confident on ordering.

Now that I have enough money to buy them I decided to ask the seller again how much overall for the 2 dolls and noticed she raised the price (php1900-45usd for each doll). I asked if I can order them for the price she originally told me (43usd each) because something as low as 2 dollars is a bigger amount here. So I asked her why she raised the price and told me that apparently, she was thinking of the other dolls (the basic dolls probably) she also had up for order that time back in August when I first asked her how much the 'I <3 Fashion' dolls were. After a failed attempt to haggle with her I asked her to recall her message back in august and told me her past conversations could only go back up to September and her facebook was glitchy. I got confused so I just advised her that she should be careful and not make the same mistake in pricing with other people to not confuse them as well, and she took it as an insult and told me that her other buyers were ok with the price markups and understood her when she told them. I understand that MH dolls are hot on the market, beggars can't be choosers and I understand that she also has to pay for taxes w/shipping overseas so I don't think her prices are unreasonable, but I want to know if what I did (asking for the old price) and what I told her afterwards was wrong. (Sorry for the length)

I'd also like to know if it is still worth ordering from her since she is the currently the only way (that I know of) to acquire the dolls I wanted (since I don't have a debit or credit card yet).
I were you, I'd take some time to look around and see what deals you can get. If you can use a credit card but not a Paypal, maybe it is worth it to find a better option but keep that seller in mind in case you can't find any other possible way of buying them.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 01, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »
Do you guys think $30 is too much for signature Abbey?

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #469 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
Yes, they will remove all reblogs. I remember when one MH blog I followed put up the leaked pictures of the Scaris girls and the new CAM sets, and I reblogged it, only to find, the next day, that my post was gone. Don't worry, everything will be fine. :)
Excellent! Thank you. Tumblr has already removed the original post. They act as quickly as Facebook does. :)

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 01, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
If it's a second edition, it is a little bit much because I see her all the time.  It's only a $5-$8 mark up, so not too bad.
If it's a first edition, that is a great deal.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 01, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »
If it's a second edition, it is a little bit much because I see her all the time.  It's only a $5-$8 mark up, so not too bad.
If it's a first edition, that is a great deal.

Is there any way to tell what edition it is?

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 01, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
Ravie has this awesome comparison of the two editions of signature abbey here-
http://thatravie.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/abbey-comparison/

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 01, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »
Was just about to link to Ravie's wordpress.. A minute too late. XD
Original is so much prettier...
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »
I actually went through a lot of annoyance and money wasting to get her!
So worth it though.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 01, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
Jinafire Long....I've been thinking about her a bit lately and I truly can't wait to see what she'll look like with her hair down. I'll have her out of that outfit in half a second, but the shoes look wicked. Hopefully she'll be released in a few months!

Dude, I am FREAKING over that doll. She's my current grail. I'm gonna have a REALLY hard time not overpaying on eBay for her from a scalper...

I'm not freaking out. Yet. However, I have a feeling I'll really like her in person. She looks to have a lot of potential. And hopefully some kindhearted members will keep us in mind when the time comes so we don't have to worry about scalpers! That's how I've gotten quite a few new releases over the past year.

The only doll that I'd TOTALLY be freaking out over would be (yes, plug your ears you haters of all things spiders!) Wydona. She's everything I want and dream of in a monster doll. Why must Mattel torture me?! Why?!

Me too....I need her. If I saw her whilst walking down the aisle in Stresscos I would pee all over the floor in excitement. I would need several of her for different face-ups and re-hairs. I would have a photoshoot with my Wydowna clan with my pet tarantulas....

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 01, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
I'm just looking forward to getting all the new Scaris "signature" dolls. Jinafire, Skelita & Catrine. XD I also might be tempted to getting the Scaris Cafe set aswell. XD Wydowna would also be a great addition to my collection. :P

Also saw this on Youtube!!
Monster Highâ„¢: Ghouls Rule! Extended Trailer
Even though I kinda feel like they put in too much to give it away, for an "Extended Trailer" I Sooo Wanna see it like, right now!!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 01, 2012, 03:26:23 PM »
I were you, I'd take some time to look around and see what deals you can get. If you can use a credit card but not a Paypal, maybe it is worth it to find a better option but keep that seller in mind in case you can't find any other possible way of buying them.

Thanks for the reply! I have decided to reconsider that seller(IF she will still let me buy from her that is) although I hope I can find another option soon.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:46:06 PM by mlly »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 01, 2012, 03:29:11 PM »
I actually went through a lot of annoyance and money wasting to get her!
So worth it though.

Thanks guys, and Ravie. It's the second edition I saw! (Well, rather, my friend saw her)

Post Merge: October 01, 2012, 03:29:47 PM

Jinafire Long....I've been thinking about her a bit lately and I truly can't wait to see what she'll look like with her hair down. I'll have her out of that outfit in half a second, but the shoes look wicked. Hopefully she'll be released in a few months!

Dude, I am FREAKING over that doll. She's my current grail. I'm gonna have a REALLY hard time not overpaying on eBay for her from a scalper...

I'm not freaking out. Yet. However, I have a feeling I'll really like her in person. She looks to have a lot of potential. And hopefully some kindhearted members will keep us in mind when the time comes so we don't have to worry about scalpers! That's how I've gotten quite a few new releases over the past year.

The only doll that I'd TOTALLY be freaking out over would be (yes, plug your ears you haters of all things spiders!) Wydona. She's everything I want and dream of in a monster doll. Why must Mattel torture me?! Why?!

Me too....I need her. If I saw her whilst walking down the aisle in Stresscos I would pee all over the floor in excitement. I would need several of her for different face-ups and re-hairs. I would have a photoshoot with my Wydowna clan with my pet tarantulas....

I think we have very similar tastes in monsters! hehe

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
I am dreaming about Wydowna! She would be the perfect ghoul for me. *sigh*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal