collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37561 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #450 on: September 30, 2012, 04:18:34 PM »
Ugh....I'm sorry that happened to you hunni
Thanks. I don't mind when people use the share functions on Flickr so that there are links back to the source, but this person has taken my photo and edited and then uploaded it without providing any source. Yes, my watermark is still visible, but that's not the point.  :hmm:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 30, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »
Anyone on here use tumblr? I've just discovered that someone has not only posted one of my photos on their tumblr without providing links back to Flickr, but they've also edited it. I can't find any way to contact the user directly. I *have* just sent tumblr a copyright infringement notice. I am wondering, though ... it looks like 33 other tumblr users have reblogged or liked this user's photo. If tumblr removes it, will it delete it from all those other people's blogs too, or do I need to report every single one of the blogs that reblogged it as well?

It's this one, in case you are wondering: http://marsmcflytrap.tumblr.com/
If it's a copyright infringment they SHOULD remove all instances of the blog. I would say if you're worried e-mail them and ask. People are really getting annoying with taking pictures :|. I see they did that with someone else's photo and even pointed out they found it on tumblr and couldn't be bothered to link back to the original source (Granted NOTHING about editing someone's work is right)

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 30, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
If it's a copyright infringment they SHOULD remove all instances of the blog.
OK thanks. I've contacted as many of the rebloggers who have an active ask button as I can (there is apparently a limit as I am now getting a "Whoa! Wait an hour before asking any more questions!" message).

People are really getting annoying with taking pictures :|. I see they did that with someone else's photo and even pointed out they found it on tumblr and couldn't be bothered to link back to the original source (Granted NOTHING about editing someone's work is right)
Indeed. I am thinking I might have to start my own tumblr blog so that people can get my photos direct from me.

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 30, 2012, 04:39:17 PM »
Hi, I would like some advice and I don't know where else to ask but here so..
In my country the dolls are very pricey and we do not get exclusives, and I don't have paypal so I can't buy overseas(shipping to my country is also quite expensive). So I was lucky to find an online seller on Facebook who has pre-orders of various products from the US and back in late August the seller had put the "I <3 Fashion" dolls available on pre-order. That time I pmed the seller to just ask for the price (php1800 aka 43usd each and even allowed to lower it to 1700php as last price) so I can save up for them and did not order yet as I did not have the cash yet to be confident on ordering.

Now that I have enough money to buy them I decided to ask the seller again how much overall for the 2 dolls and noticed she raised the price (php1900-45usd for each doll). I asked if I can order them for the price she originally told me (43usd each) because something as low as 2 dollars is a bigger amount here. So I asked her why she raised the price and told me that apparently, she was thinking of the other dolls (the basic dolls probably) she also had up for order that time back in August when I first asked her how much the 'I <3 Fashion' dolls were. After a failed attempt to haggle with her I asked her to recall her message back in august and told me her past conversations could only go back up to September and her facebook was glitchy. I got confused so I just advised her that she should be careful and not make the same mistake in pricing with other people to not confuse them as well, and she took it as an insult and told me that her other buyers were ok with the price markups and understood her when she told them. I understand that MH dolls are hot on the market, beggars can't be choosers and I understand that she also has to pay for taxes w/shipping overseas so I don't think her prices are unreasonable, but I want to know if what I did (asking for the old price) and what I told her afterwards was wrong. (Sorry for the length)

I'd also like to know if it is still worth ordering from her since she is the currently the only way (that I know of) to acquire the dolls I wanted (since I don't have a debit or credit card yet).

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
Thisis really the flaw with tumblr. It's so easy for a picture without source to spread all over the internet really fast, and sometimes, it's impossible to stop it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #455 on: September 30, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
Jinafire Long....I've been thinking about her a bit lately and I truly can't wait to see what she'll look like with her hair down. I'll have her out of that outfit in half a second, but the shoes look wicked. Hopefully she'll be released in a few months!

Dude, I am FREAKING over that doll. She's my current grail. I'm gonna have a REALLY hard time not overpaying on eBay for her from a scalper...

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 30, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
Jinafire Long....I've been thinking about her a bit lately and I truly can't wait to see what she'll look like with her hair down. I'll have her out of that outfit in half a second, but the shoes look wicked. Hopefully she'll be released in a few months!

Dude, I am FREAKING over that doll. She's my current grail. I'm gonna have a REALLY hard time not overpaying on eBay for her from a scalper...

I'm not freaking out. Yet. However, I have a feeling I'll really like her in person. She looks to have a lot of potential. And hopefully some kindhearted members will keep us in mind when the time comes so we don't have to worry about scalpers! That's how I've gotten quite a few new releases over the past year.

The only doll that I'd TOTALLY be freaking out over would be (yes, plug your ears you haters of all things spiders!) Wydona. She's everything I want and dream of in a monster doll. Why must Mattel torture me?! Why?!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 30, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Thisis really the flaw with tumblr. It's so easy for a picture without source to spread all over the internet really fast, and sometimes, it's impossible to stop it
:shakefist:

Well, I'll do my best.

On a more positive note, can I please get some fashion advice? I put Rochelle in I <3 Frankie's yellow & blue dress and the white socks. She looks really cute in it. I didn't think the red would go, so I left off the vest and didn't put the red sandals on. Instead, I've put on Lala's pink/black/yellow wave 2 pumps. They match her pink hair, but not her dress. Is that OK fashion-wise, or is it a fashion no-no to have your shoes match your hair but not your outfit?

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 30, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »
:shakefist:

Well, I'll do my best.

On a more positive note, can I please get some fashion advice? I put Rochelle in I <3 Frankie's yellow & blue dress and the white socks. She looks really cute in it. I didn't think the red would go, so I left off the vest and didn't put the red sandals on. Instead, I've put on Lala's pink/black/yellow wave 2 pumps. They match her pink hair, but not her dress. Is that OK fashion-wise, or is it a fashion no-no to have your shoes match your hair but not your outfit?
That outfit sounds cute!

Though I'm in the school of thought with fashion that if you think it looks good, then it's right! There should be no rules and regulations for fashion, imo >_>;

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 30, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »
That outfit sounds cute!
She looks adorable. My wife also put her in a cute little dance pose.  :dropjaw:

I wanted to take a photo of her last night, but we ended up watching Glee instead.

Though I'm in the school of thought with fashion that if you think it looks good, then it's right! There should be no rules and regulations for fashion, imo >_>;
Cool. Thanks. :)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 30, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
Question is this the Lagoona rerelease, on Amazon? Was thinking of getting one for my sister for Xmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-High-Lagoona-Blue-Doll/dp/B0058NUAMW/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1349055981&sr=1-2&keywords=Monster+High+Lagoona+blue It says 2011?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #461 on: September 30, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
Question is this the Lagoona rerelease, on Amazon? Was thinking of getting one for my sister for Xmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-High-Lagoona-Blue-Doll/dp/B0058NUAMW/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1349055981&sr=1-2&keywords=Monster+High+Lagoona+blue It says 2011?
I just saw her at target today, and her wave 1 release at walmart. Looks like she's popping up all over!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 01, 2012, 02:21:33 AM »
Is anyone still seeing the Classroom dolls near them? I am looking for Mad Scientist Lagoona and Home Ick Frankie. I am going to resort to eBay soon, but I wanted to ask if they were still on shelves anywhere??

There's Classroom dolls here but it's often a case of more Ghoulia than any other characters, and more Frankie than Lagoona. I'm also looking for Lagoona so it's a bit of a pain :/

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #463 on: October 01, 2012, 06:50:01 AM »

I just saw her at target today, and her wave 1 release at walmart. Looks like she's popping up all over!

You've seen signature Lagoona at walmart??
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 01, 2012, 07:19:27 AM »

Just warning you that the stripe at the side of her jumper is a bit different than in the picture.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal