collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37249 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #390 on: September 28, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
I was very surprised to receive a new mh doll today. One of my friends, who knows how stressed I've been lately, was out shopping and spotted a doll she was pretty sure I didn't have. It was schools out Lagoona:D
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #391 on: September 28, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
Lucky! The more I see the new version of School's Out Lagoona, the more I want to exchange my original for a new one. I like the new one faceup better. She has prettier eyes, softer freckles, and less lipstick.

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 28, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
Lucky! The more I see the new version of School's Out Lagoona, the more I want to exchange my original for a new one. I like the new one faceup better. She has prettier eyes, softer freckles, and less lipstick.

I'll have to look at a picture of the original.
My only complaint about my Lagoona is that someone did a sloppy job of packagine her. Her hair was kinda smooshed in.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 28, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »
......................Seriously, most obnoxious experience of my entire Monster High collecting life.

YES!  It HAS been obnoxious, hasn't it?  Howleen and 1600 Cupid.  Never saw either of them IRL.  Although, I haven't been shopping in a LONG time, so maybe they are crowding the shelves right now........

Extremely! Yeah, I've only seen 1600 Cupid in person once myself, when I bought her. Never been perfectly happy with her either (her poor hair was slightly smooshed, and I certainly can't fix it), but looking back on it I'm happy I got her at all! I prefer the extra care taken with the 1600 release over the re-release, even if both of them are still pretty prone to looking a mess right out of the box.

The Howleen crap is so much worse though. =_= The clearance thing? The fact I STILL can't find her?!  :enraged: I do have one now, but only because in my craziness I paid way more than I should have online for a doll I don't even like. I almost never pay over retail, but the stupid thing being my signature set completer just broke me. Mere days later lots of people (though nowhere in Texas, I still can't decide if that makes me feel better or worse) are picking it up for $8. :cry:

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
My only complaint about my Lagoona is that someone did a sloppy job of packagine her. Her hair was kinda smooshed in.
Here's a comparison shot - old one on the left, new on one the right. The new one's necklace is darker, and I understand her jellies are more purple than pink. She doesn't have as much lipstick on her mouth, her freckles are lighter, and her eyes are a much prettier shape (in my opinion).

Can anyone tell me if the new Lagoonas have the mechanical hips?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:28:58 PM by pukunui »

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #395 on: September 28, 2012, 08:29:34 PM »
Thanks to Macabre Darling, I will be getting Rhuen for my DDG Spectra. Over the past few months I have had test after test because of illnesses so this is a definite pick-me-up.

Offline Cassie85

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »
Holy cow, I wasn't thinking that there woulf be THAT much of a difference!

Here's a comparison shot - old one on the left, new on one the right. The new one's necklace is darker, and I understand her jellies are more purple than pink. She doesn't have as much lipstick on her mouth, her freckles are lighter, and her eyes are a much prettier shape (in my opinion).

3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »
Holy cow, I wasn't thinking that there woulf be THAT much of a difference!
Yep! They could almost be different dolls.

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 28, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
Hi, I would like some advice and I don't know where else to ask but here so..
In my country the dolls are very pricey and we do not get exclusives, and I don't have paypal so I can't buy overseas(shipping to my country is also quite expensive). So I was lucky to find an online seller on Facebook who has pre-orders of various products from the US and back in late August the seller had put the "I <3 Fashion" dolls available on pre-order. That time I pmed the seller to just ask for the price (php1800 aka 43usd each and even allowed to lower it to 1700php as last price) so I can save up for them and did not order yet as I did not have the cash yet to be confident on ordering.

Now that I have enough money to buy them I decided to ask the seller again how much overall for the 2 dolls and noticed she raised the price (php1900-45usd for each doll). I asked if I can order them for the price she originally told me (43usd each) because something as low as 2 dollars is a bigger amount here. So I asked her why she raised the price and told me that apparently, she was thinking of the other dolls (the basic dolls probably) she also had up for order that time back in August when I first asked her how much the 'I <3 Fashion' dolls were. After a failed attempt to haggle with her I asked her to recall her message back in august and told me her past conversations could only go back up to September and her facebook was glitchy. I got confused so I just advised her that she should be careful and not make the same mistake in pricing with other people to not confuse them as well, and she took it as an insult and told me that her other buyers were ok with the price markups and understood her when she told them. I understand that MH dolls are hot on the market, beggars can't be choosers and I understand that she also has to pay for taxes w/shipping overseas so I don't think her prices are unreasonable, but I want to know if what I did (asking for the old price) and what I told her afterwards was wrong. (Sorry for the length)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:34:58 PM by mlly »

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 28, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »

If you mean plastic jointed instead of elastic strung, yes, she does.   Box also shows Ghouls Rule on the back, all the recently re-released sig ghouls...and Holt and Ghoulia which pretty much leads me to believe they will be next up for re release.   I made a trip to Orlando today and found her in the Walmarts and Toys r Us's there in copious amounts.   No idea how many cases each location must have gotten...but it would have been fun to watch them unpack!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 28, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »
Wow... the re-issue is gorgeous. My fiance is now chomping at the bit to get her.. haha. I did notice something between some Lagoona's, the way the eye brows are done (like in both versions of the School's Out one) can make her look either adorable or a bit... spaced out. I dunno how to go about describing it... I'm awful with words sometimes 8D.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2012, 01:55:31 AM »
*Looks at comparison pictures then to her 2.0 Lagoona* Awww WTF!! This new one looks sooo much better and looks so much like Mad Science Lagoona too (maybe it's the lip color), it also magnifies how the first one looks "more flawed" or rather very off in comparison with her giant fish-like lips, bigger freckles and thicker eyebrows. >,<; *Sigh* Now I'm tempted to either find this new lagoona, or be happy with the one I already have. Choices... *sits in corner to ponder*
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 29, 2012, 03:02:58 AM »
I actually like the old pne better! I loved her huge pouty lips and her shaped eyebrows. Also, her freckles seem more apparent, which I also love. Guess I'm the only one. And lucky me because I have her!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 29, 2012, 04:11:48 AM »
The big lips were really off-putting for me. So much so that I wiped off her lipstick and repainted it. I did like that she had one eyebrow higher than the other until I realized that her left eye was higher as well. I was disappointed to find that my actual doll didn't really look that much like the one in all the official promo shots. I think this rerelease version looks more like that one, which makes me happy.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 29, 2012, 07:48:06 AM »
I actually like the old pne better! I loved her huge pouty lips and her shaped eyebrows. Also, her freckles seem more apparent, which I also love. Guess I'm the only one. And lucky me because I have her!

I'm with you on this one!
I acccually replaced my original Lagoona for the wave 2 because of her bigger lips. I love them, it makes her face looks less "apple" in my opinion ^__^
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal