collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 37645 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2012, 03:00:01 PM »
Ice and Blob girl are soooo precious! I love them. I also like Gorgon, but I'm not sure why we needed another Mummy (as much as we needed another Werewolf and a Vampire in Mattel's eyes, I guess).

I also wish the new stuff wouldn't come out until 2013 - by then maybe I'll have money! But it probably will at least start showing up by the holiday season. Seems like a reasonable business plan, to have new stuff out then instead of the same stuff that's been around for months. (Not that that's a very long time!) If nothing else, hopefully it will all keep shipping to stores for a good long time...

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
Scaris before the howlidays?!? NOOOO. I haven't even found Venus or Robecca yet, nevermind Scaris. Yeesh. And there are three in the Scaris line I want! Goodbye money and room space ;.;

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2012, 03:47:29 PM »
I dont have much hopes on getting her in sweden. We didnt even got the roller maze dolls.

Don't loose your hopes just yet ;) The roller maze girls do exist in Sweden! I've seen plenty of them here and TRU have the Target exclusive pony set with Celestia och Luna, it takes some time some times but they do get here for most of the time :) I do think we will get Catherine.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2012, 04:03:19 PM »
Amenoo- if I find a good Lagoona without wonky eyes or flaws I will pick one up for you. Do you mind the price difference between different stores? I've only seen her at Toys r us so far.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
I'm debating getting my first MH doll soon, but I just can't bring myself to pay the $20 price tag. Do these dolls ever go on sale? If so, how much are they usually marked down? Would they possibly have them for a good price on Black Friday? I was kind of hoping I could find one at a Thrift Store, but unfortunately for me, none of the ones around me carry toys anymore, and there's no Goodwill near here. I really want to get either Draculaura or Rochelle eventually.

Last year Walmart had them for $10 on Black Friday. I picked up a few :D

I hope they do that again this year. Wal-Mart is always our first stop on Black Friday.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »
So I got both a DDG Spectra and a signature Spectra yesterday. I'm keeping the DDG Spectra body, but I've already swapped their hands around as I don't like those grafted-on chains on DDG Spectra's hands. Now I can't make up my mind whose face-up I like better. I like DDG Spectra's fringe, and I kinda like her skinnier jaw, but her hair is a lot longer than sig Spectra's, and her purplish eyeshadow also kinda makes her look ill. I think I prefer sig Spectra's softer eye make-up. So I may swap their heads around too.

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
So I got both a DDG Spectra and a signature Spectra yesterday. I'm keeping the DDG Spectra body, but I've already swapped their hands around as I don't like those grafted-on chains on DDG Spectra's hands. Now I can't make up my mind whose face-up I like better. I like DDG Spectra's fringe, and I kinda like her skinnier jaw, but her hair is a lot longer than sig Spectra's, and her purplish eyeshadow also kinda makes her look ill. I think I prefer sig Spectra's softer eye make-up. So I may swap their heads around too.

Lol! Are you Dr. Frankenstein in disguise?! The thought of you swapping heads on differn't bodies then deciding if you like it just made me start to wonder lol! Its ALIVE!!! ITS ALLLIIIVVVEEE!!!!!!  :cheer:

@Amenoo Harpea is so cool! :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »
I came back from Target, and they had loads of the dollar stuff. Shoot from now on or until they run out/stop selling them, whenever I go to Target, I'll have to spend an extra $5 and stock up on these stickers, tattoos, and other stuff. XD

From what I remember:
-2 kinds of pens
-2 kinds of markers
-3 kinds of stickers
-1 kind of tattoo sheet
-3 kinds of notebooks
-3 kinds of dry-erase boards

ETA: Ahh crap, I just looked closely and one of the sticker packs was cut misaligned from the pictures. =_=; Gotta get another one now. >,>;
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2012, 07:16:50 PM »
Lol! Are you Dr. Frankenstein in disguise?! The thought of you swapping heads on differn't bodies then deciding if you like it just made me start to wonder lol! Its ALIVE!!! ITS ALLLIIIVVVEEE!!!!!!  :cheer:
LOL. I've done it quite a few times, always with the same characters, so you can't actually tell. When I've got a doll that I don't want to keep, but it's got a newer, better body (eg. it's got plastic hip joints instead of elastic and/or its elbows and knees aren't as floppy), I swap heads and keep the new body and then sell the old one with the head that I don't want to keep. In this case, I can't decide which Spectra head to keep. There are pros and cons to both. I like sig Spectra's eyeshadow better, but I also like DDG Spectra's lip color and fringe better. Too bad I can't blend them together!

Would it be possible to give sig Spectra a haircut so she's got a fringe like DDG Spectra? Or would she need to be rerooted or something?

Also, would it be possible to cut her hair so that it looks kinda like the wig Kalma is wearing in this photo:

Kalma:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:19:35 PM by pukunui »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2012, 08:01:03 PM »
Oh dear, more people out soon? Guh, my wallet again.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »
Guys, I think I might be losing it. I don't know if I'm just very tired, or this is because I'm sick and taking DayQuil, but I can't stop playing with my Killer Style Draculaura! Seriously, I keep booping her nose, pinching her cheeks and mushing her face.  :|

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »
Guys, I think I might be losing it. I don't know if I'm just very tired, or this is because I'm sick and taking DayQuil, but I can't stop playing with my Killer Style Draculaura! Seriously, I keep booping her nose, pinching her cheeks and mushing her face.  :|
Well, she is adorable ^_^

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »
Does she (LaLa) remind anyone else of Pinkie Pie?

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »
Does she (LaLa) remind anyone else of Pinkie Pie?

In a small way. She is a bit of an airhead and can be quick to panic.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »
Kinda sad face.... I bought Dead Tired Ghoulia from Books A Million today. She has been sitting in that box too long.....

She has red on her race from where her glasses have been sitting against her skin, both on her temples and the bridge of her nose. Her right hand [on my left] is gimpy. Her hair was all over the place. She is just so sad..... I don't know what I'm going to do with her......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal