collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 35641 times)

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 05:09:20 PM »
Ooo I'd wear the heck out of those earmuffs! So cute!

*flops on fluffy new thread rug*

edit: Look what I just saw on tumblr!

From this tumblr (originally this one). Lala's shirt isn't nearly as detailed  :(
Ugh! That is so not cool! :( Her little bib and corset are gone. They took away everything I liked about her, and I was so looking forward to this set...

Side by side comparison

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well at least I can scratch that off my want list then...bummer.

Went with my family to Toys r Us to get clearance beach toys for an impromptu goodbye trip to San Diego and there were about 5 bazillion Robeccas, but no Venus.  Kind of weird.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 05:52:16 PM »
I really liked that little corset/waist-cincher thing too  :cry: I was thinking about trying to get the set even though I already have the non-exclusive one, and selling the extra Clawdeen... but now Lala is so plain. Guess not. Boo.  :(

Boo! I really adored her outfit too! Now I am all sad face... :( But my wallet probably likes me better.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »
Sad face. That Draculaura also has the buck-tooth fangs. I can't stand the Draculaura dolls that have her fangs connected like that.

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »
Sad face. That Draculaura also has the buck-tooth fangs. I can't stand the Draculaura dolls that have her fangs connected like that.

Buck-tooth fangs? LOL never heard that one before XD

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »
What an awful decision they made changing Coffin Bean Lala's outfit.
At least my wallet is happy.

I still might pick it up though since I need that Clawdeen anyway.
What's the price going to be?

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »
I am bummed. I've had my Venus for a day and somehow I've already managed to rub a bald patch in her flocking at the back! I had no idea it was that fragile! I can't imagine the flocking on any Venus owned by a little girl lasting very long. I barely even touched it. She also has really dry, brittle hair and a hole in her pants. I'm thinking about e-mailing Mattel, although I'm not sure it's worth it because even if they send me a replacement, what's to stop it from happening again?  :(

Frankie Stein

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »
I am bummed. I've had my Venus for a day and somehow I've already managed to rub a bald patch in her flocking at the back! I had no idea it was that fragile! I can't imagine the flocking on any Venus owned by a little girl lasting very long. I barely even touched it. She also has really dry, brittle hair and a hole in her pants. I'm thinking about e-mailing Mattel, although I'm not sure it's worth it because even if they send me a replacement, what's to stop it from happening again?  :(

I also heard a similar thing happening with Clawds sideburn hair fuzz. The one in the set with Draculaura. I guess someone just rubbed a wet paper towel on his sideburns and they rubbed right off!  :shocked: You should mail them though and hopefully they will send one that isn't a problem! I'm sure you didn't pay for Venus' bald twin Dionaea XD gl puku!!!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »
I just e-mailed them, although I'm not sure what good it will do. What with their change in policy, they will want me to send this doll back, and even if I were to do that, there's no telling whether I might not just end up with the same problem. This flocking stuff seems like a poor design choice, although I have no idea what they would use instead.

On a side note, I reckon they should've given Venus a proper mohawk.

Anyway, I also have a signature Clawd coming (just got put in the mail today), and I am a bit concerned about the same thing happening to him, but I suppose since he hasn't got long hair to brush, I can probably get away with not ever touching his sideburns.

It's hard to hold Venus' head without touching the flocked part. I didn't realize it was that fragile.

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 10:24:58 PM »
Flocking does not have to be fragile though. A fair few SS ponies have held up over the years :)

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 10:52:13 PM »
Flocking does not have to be fragile though. A fair few SS ponies have held up over the years :)
Good to know. I guess the flocking on my Venus doesn't have enough glue holding it on or something.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
I've had signature Clawd for like a year and his sideburns have held up fine through normal display/posing, so I wouldn't worry too much about him as long as he's kept away from water ^.^ I guess there will be no washing of Venus' hair either :yikes:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2012, 12:19:29 AM »
I've had signature Clawd for like a year and his sideburns have held up fine through normal display/posing, so I wouldn't worry too much about him as long as he's kept away from water ^.^
That should be easy enough. It's not like he's got any hair to brush in the first place, so I doubt I'll be touching his head much except to pose it.

I guess there will be no washing of Venus' hair either :yikes:
I already boil straightened her hair. I was very careful not to get the flocking wet, although I suppose some of the steam could've done something and then when my finger touched it while brushing her hair, it rubbed off. I dunno. Whatever the case, it seems way too fragile for such an expensive doll. There's just no way a little kid is going to be able to play with Venus without her flocking coming off.

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
Sigh, my Coffin Bean Clawdeen is my most flawed doll ): It's a bummer since she is my favourite Clawdeen

I bought her last week, and they had all the boxes behind the shop desk so i couldn't compare all their face-ups. Well When I unpacked her when I came home I first noticed that her lipstick had a scratch, and that her joints are really really loose. I checked her yesterday, and then i also noticed that she has wonky eyes (Didn't notice at first due to being focused on the loose joints)

Dumb thing is that since she is unpacked, there is no way I can return it (returns are obly for packaged or flawed toys, but I don't think they will accept face rub, wonky eyes and loose joints as "flawed" because it still works...)

Adoptable made by me

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 03:31:13 AM »
Sigh, my Coffin Bean Clawdeen is my most flawed doll ): It's a bummer since she is my favourite Clawdeen

I bought her last week, and they had all the boxes behind the shop desk so i couldn't compare all their face-ups. Well When I unpacked her when I came home I first noticed that her lipstick had a scratch, and that her joints are really really loose. I checked her yesterday, and then i also noticed that she has wonky eyes (Didn't notice at first due to being focused on the loose joints)

Dumb thing is that since she is unpacked, there is no way I can return it (returns are obly for packaged or flawed toys, but I don't think they will accept face rub, wonky eyes and loose joints as "flawed" because it still works...)

oh no that sucks :cry: i have a serious issue with wonky eye'd dolls! Just recently purchased a nude Forbitten Love Draculaura  and MS Lagoona to replace my wonk eyed ones :(

I do find however if you stare at them enough they all start to look wonk eyed!

Maybe try returning to her to the store? Paint scratch on the lips is definitely a flaw even they can't ignore right?
Come visit my blog!

Burgundy_Rose

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 04:30:21 AM »
Robecca's back in stock for £16.99 on Amazon UK!

I just ordered mine  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal