collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: princess candance and shining armor HELP :(  (Read 1717 times)

anna4810

• Trade Count: (0)
princess candance and shining armor HELP :(
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:01:34 AM »
my boyfriend brought me the princess candance and the shining armor castle ive opened it up and found 2 faults im kinda upset it was £30 which to us is a lot with me being sick and not working right now he tried to cheer me up although im very very grateful i was wondering if anyone else has found the same faults as i have

1.the prince has brown/black stains on his chest
2. the princess has a butt hole lol
3. the tail is half hanging off

these are the only ones ive noticed so far i can deal with the stains but the butt thing if it isnt meant to be there is creepy if u have also brought this id love to no if its just me ? :/ ill upload pics in a sec

this is the box
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[image resized ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:45:30 PM by hathorcat »

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: princess candance and shining armor HELP :(
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:09:49 AM »
That's terrible, I'm sorry this has happened! :( the G4 quality control is seriously SHOCKING, so poor!  >_<
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

anna4810

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:10:28 AM »
tail

Post Merge: September 10, 2012, 04:10:53 AM

second hole

Post Merge: September 10, 2012, 04:12:41 AM

That's terrible, I'm sorry this has happened! :( the G4 quality control is seriously SHOCKING, so poor!  >_<

for some reasons the pics wouldnt show ive added them now though

yeah ive not even bothered looking at the plastic thing is if i return it they will prob think im being petty
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:12:42 AM by anna4810 »

LadyLaw

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »
What a pity.  I wonder if you contact Hasbro if there is anything they might do, at least about Shining Armor due to his tail hanging out.  I know that with board game companies (including big names like Wiz Kids, which is now owned by Hasbro), if there is a severe defect in a piece, you can sometimes get a replacement by writing to them with pictures or calling them about it.  I got some new dice, for example, for my game Quarriors because the paint of some of them was half missing.

My husband got me one of these to put away for Christmas.  I hope I don't open it up Christmas morning and find similar problems, since by then it will have been long past the purchase date.  Maybe I should open it up long enough to check just in case.

anna4810

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 05:05:35 AM »
What a pity.  I wonder if you contact Hasbro if there is anything they might do, at least about Shining Armor due to his tail hanging out.  I know that with board game companies (including big names like Wiz Kids, which is now owned by Hasbro), if there is a severe defect in a piece, you can sometimes get a replacement by writing to them with pictures or calling them about it.  I got some new dice, for example, for my game Quarriors because the paint of some of them was half missing.

My husband got me one of these to put away for Christmas.  I hope I don't open it up Christmas morning and find similar problems, since by then it will have been long past the purchase date.  Maybe I should open it up long enough to check just in case.

im in the uk do they have one over here no clue who id need to contact i am trying at this moment to put his tail back in with a pin its going in so should be ok do u no if the princess is mant to have the hole under her tail ?

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 05:12:57 AM »
That's awful, it's a lot of money as well. I'm sorry it's so damaged, I second contacting Hasbro about it.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:07 AM »
2. the princess has a butt hole lol
Haha.  Makes you want to write a letter as such: "I bought this for my young daughter and was SHOCKED to see this hole you drilled in it!  What kind of filth are you pushing on our children?"

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 05:55:55 AM »
my cadence has a butt hole too!
 my SA's hair was so bad i just re-rooted him with  proper  hair, he looks soo much beter now.

but my castle set was missing a few small parts,

hasbro seams to have realy dropped the ball on this one

Gonzo

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 05:56:21 AM »
My Cadance has that problem, too. Did the first molds have the tail positioned too low or something?

LadyLaw

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 05:59:51 AM »
I would just contact Hasbro in the US.  If they can't help you only due to your location, then they should have a UK customer service contact for you.  Here is a link to the customer service contact section of their website: http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/contacts/

do u no if the princess is mant to have the hole under her tail ?

Well, I don't know for sure, but I really don't think that's meant to be there, no.  Seeing the additional responses, I think I'd better open mine later to check.  I'd hate to wait 4 months to discover a problem.

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 06:07:02 AM »
Both of my Cadance's have that problem. I think it's an error in the actual mild. Her tail covers it nicely though.

I was lucky and have had no problems with SA.
I'm sorry this happened to you, $30 is a lot to spend on flawed products.
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 06:50:05 AM »
I don't have this set myself, but I recall seeing at least one other thread about Cadance's "issue". It's apparently something to do with the mold, because I saw in other threads that the Luna figure in that mold also has it.

Shining Armor's tail, and probably his stains, are definitely defects, though. Even if the stains end up wiping/cleaning off and you can poke the tail back in, I think it'd be worth contacting Hasbro over it. You shouldn't have to deal with issues like that on a brand-new toy.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:10 AM »
Im pretty sure most of the Cadance's (that mold, so luna as well) have the rear indent. Maybe it was the planned tail hole but never got used? At any rate, mine has it too haha
Shame about the tail hair though :/ thats very lax on quality control
Wishlist | Trade list

Aaryana

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 07:07:43 AM »
My SA is okay, but my Cadance has the same filled in hole under her tail, as do a couple other of my newer ponies. One of the brides maids does, but I can't remember which one.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 07:17:42 AM »
I did a check. Said "butthole" is present on both my Royal Wedding Castle Cadence as well as the Crystal Princess Ponies Cadence. So it's definitely a mold problem.

And that's not all. Guess who else has a "butthole"?
Spoiler

So yeah.

I'd agree with the theory that the design regarding the tail position was changed the last minute, after the mold was made. And they thought that since the tail would cover that part of the body anyway, no one would notice.

My SA, on the other hand, is mostly clean safe for a small dot on the top of his right eye.

PS: Anyone with a Favorites collection set willing to open their set and check Nightmare Moon? :P
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:29:34 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal