collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: princess candance and shining armor HELP :(  (Read 1678 times)

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: princess candance and shining armor HELP :(
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »
Mine has the same bum hole issue. Shinning Armor's hair fluff comes out easily, so I try not to play with his hai much. :/

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 08:40:07 AM »
Oh my!  I hadn't noticed it on mine.  Well, I hadn't looked lol.  But I had to check after seeing this thread, and sure enough... 
Maybe they did it in order to make them more...realistic?   :wow:

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »
The quality control isn't the only thing you need help with when it comes to this princess. ;) (Sorry, sorry. It's just, the mis-spelling of her name as "Can dance" cracks me up.)

Maybe they did it in order to make them more...realistic?   :wow:
On the one hand I doubt it, but on the other hand given everything else they've slipped past the radar in MLP... :3

So, there's a bit of a mold issue, which is kind of a downer. Still, it could be worse and it is pretty much hidden by the tail most of the time.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:21:58 AM by ZeldaTheSwordsman »
should be perma-moderated

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »
Oh my...  kids might find that mold error funny but not so much collectors...  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:42 AM »
ALl the alicorn molds have the spot under the tail, even Celestia, and likely NMM (I don't have the latter though) mixed heads and bodies of regular brushable size and FS size lack it, though in the case of normal brushables, their tail hole is lower to begin with.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »
...Yup, looks like Nightmare has the butt problem too :P But it's not as bad on her because the paint from her symbol covers it. I didn't notice it until I read this thread and checked. Cadance, on the other hand, I noticed right away :P

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »
ALl the alicorn molds have the spot under the tail, even Celestia, and likely NMM (I don't have the latter though) mixed heads and bodies of regular brushable size and FS size lack it, though in the case of normal brushables, their tail hole is lower to begin with.
Well, I haden't noticed it on Celestia, but on checking, I can confirm that the Celestia from all three sets (Royal Castle Friends, Teatime and Crystal Princess Ponies) too has a "butt hole".
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

GoodyGumdrop

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
Checked my Cadence...yes, she has a butthole too. No problems with my Shining Armor though.

I'd still try contacting Hasbro about that Shining Armor though, it doesn't look like his fuzzy tail was properly set.

Flugangst

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
Yikes! After seeing this I'm kind of glad I didn't get the Castle set...I really want it, but I really don't know if I want to spend so much money on such horrid quality. I'm wondering if Hasbro plans on possibly re releasing this set with all said issues fixed...I still think it's an adorable playset though, so, I don't know, I may eventually cave and buy it regardless.

Offline Axalth

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »
Well, I haden't noticed it on Celestia, but on checking, I can confirm that the Celestia from all three sets (Royal Castle Friends, Teatime and Crystal Princess Ponies) too has a "butt hole".
Theirs are a lot smaller, definately not as noticeable as the cadance mold
Wishlist | Trade list

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 04:05:34 PM »
Unfortunately despite the price of £30 this is a cheaply manufactured product - £30 is not inexpensive but in comparison to a lot of similar items out there its not at the top end of the bracket and alas if we were to demand collector quality in these toys we may all faint at the end price.

I would suggest a couple of options:

In the UK a manufacturer will first expect you to return the item to the point of purchase for an exchange. Simply state that the item is faulty point out the issues and get a replacement product. You ll need to do this within the store's returning time guidelines which for most national retailers is 14 to 28 days.

If you have no luck with your retailer, then try Hasbro - here are the details for UK customer services:- http://www.hasbro.com/en_GB/customer-service/. Again simply explain the issues you have and request a like for like replacement. You may have to return the item to them first or they may simply send out a replacement.

All that being said please dont expect all these issues to correct themselves. The mark under the tail is normal across all of this mould - every Cadance you get will have it. The marks and tail issue with SA are hopefully a one off but hand on heart as said at the start the quality is low and the manufacture cheap, as a line they do have issues.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »
I did a check. Said "butthole" is present on both my Royal Wedding Castle Cadence as well as the Crystal Princess Ponies Cadence. So it's definitely a mold problem.

And that's not all. Guess who else has a "butthole"?
Spoiler

So yeah.

I'd agree with the theory that the design regarding the tail position was changed the last minute, after the mold was made. And they thought that since the tail would cover that part of the body anyway, no one would notice.

My SA, on the other hand, is mostly clean safe for a small dot on the top of his right eye.

PS: Anyone with a Favorites collection set willing to open their set and check Nightmare Moon? :P

Both of my Cadences (one from the castle set, the other from the princess set) have the "butthole" and just so everyone knows, NMM does not have this problem.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
Heh, I wonder if they repositioned the tail holes of the alicorns at the last minute due to complaints that other G4 ponies looked like they were pooping out their tails.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »
OMIGOSH!   I'm calling customer service if ours has this problem (we are giving this as a gift to my DD in Oct).  Not really funny at all Hasbro. :(

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »
Speaking of the butthole problems...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ngpT2Velk

I WHIP MY TAIL BACK AND FORTH! I WHIP MY TAIL BACK AND FORTH! I WHIP MY TAIL BACK AND FORTH!
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal